TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VI (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
If you want to avoid spoilers, do not go over to reddit or even the imdb game of thrones page.

That imdb forum is just full of trolls and people who just love to post spoilers right in the title.

hoyster

Dec 1, 2011
Helsinki
Can I have some points of picking Hodor a few times in the earlier episodes? :help:

My pick is: Kevan 'Will be Lanced' Lannister

firewagonHOCKEY

Mar 7, 2006
Belgium
I 've had so many HODOR moments this week. Every time a elevator door closes and someone rushes to the door I hear "Hold the door" in my head :laugh:

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
So apparently the rumor mill has suddenly caught fire on my whole "bran creates the mad king" theory. I don't go on places like reddit to avoid spoilers when the episodes air so i can't really look at it myself. Can anyone confirm?

In other news, I really realllllly hope sansa isn't gonna end up revealing shes preggers and thats what she really meant about "my body still feels what he did to me"

Bones Malone

Game Player
Oct 22, 2010
Buffalo
13245338_1034423426651899_2737979120687807266_n.jpg

chokei

Dec 31, 2011
Zürich
Ugh. I hope this whole mind-control-time-travel thing with Bran doesn't become too important. I'd rather the show sticks to what it's brilliant at and has been for 5 seasons now: great dialogues, politics, scheming, intrigues, warfare, with a bit of a fantasy touch but not too much so it just stays realistic.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
So apparently the rumor mill has suddenly caught fire on my whole "bran creates the mad king" theory. I don't go on places like reddit to avoid spoilers when the episodes air so i can't really look at it myself. Can anyone confirm?

In other news, I really realllllly hope sansa isn't gonna end up revealing shes preggers and thats what she really meant about "my body still feels what he did to me"

It's actually a decently old theory among book readers, but most thought it was crack pot before last week's episode proved Bran and **** with time.

It still seems unlikely because it seems kind of needless.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
It's actually a decently old theory among book readers, but most thought it was crack pot before last week's episode proved Bran and **** with time.

It still seems unlikely because it seems kind of needless.

It would really cheapen the Mad King going mad as well, because right now everyone just assumes he had the Targaryen trait for madness that many in the family have had due to inbreeding.

If Dany starts becoming a bloodthirsty conqueror and going a bit mad, which I think is a real possibility, that also wouldn't fit as well if Bran caused the Mad King.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Ugh. I hope this whole mind-control-time-travel thing with Bran doesn't become too important. I'd rather the show sticks to what it's brilliant at and has been for 5 seasons now: great dialogues, politics, scheming, intrigues, warfare, with a bit of a fantasy touch but not too much so it just stays realistic.

My feelings exactly but I don't think that's the way it will go. As we get nearer to the end I think we'll have more and more weird stuff and the pacing of the show becomes less deliberate.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I hope Bran warging into and messing people up isn't a big part of the show, but a major theme of the series is magic returning to the world, so I do expect more fantasy type elements going forward.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Not necessarily. When he yelled "father" to young Ned, Ned turned around and looked. It's possible that he or the 3ER had been there and trying to advise The Mad King and that's why he goes insane.

Still seems far more likely that the Mad King was just mad. Years of inbreeding and endless searches for magic leading to the downfall of the Targaryen house is better than Bran or the 3ER messing him up.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Something that intrigues me is what Kinvara told Varys about the voice coming from the flames... was that the Lord of Light or do we think it was Bran/TER?

I don't think it was either of those, I think it was the Great Other whose name they will never speak. No Red Priest has dared to speak the name of the Great Other, and being from Lys Varys should be familiar with the religion and may know whose name he heard, which he told Tyrion he dared not to repeat.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
Still seems far more likely that the Mad King was just mad. Years of inbreeding and endless searches for magic leading to the downfall of the Targaryen house is better than Bran or the 3ER messing him up.

Couldn't it be both? Madness + driven over the edge by hearing Bran?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Couldn't it be both? Madness + driven over the edge by hearing Bran?

It definitely could be, it just cheapens the cause of his madness in my opinion, and seems pointless since Bran has already learned the harsh lesson that his actions have consequences.

hototogisu

Poked the bear!!!!!
Jun 30, 2006
Montreal, QC
It may go some ways to explaining why he was really crazy as opposed to just regular old "Targaryan crazy", at least (although I don't know GoT non-show lore so well, but I assume his madness was above and beyond regular Targaryan madness).

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Also, wouldn't that involve Bran warging into the Mad King?

He could just visit the Mad King and yell at him enough to cause him to think he is hearing voices.

The reason I don't buy it is I don't see any reason for Bran to do this. Also it seems his visions are locked to either following Ned around, or things involving the Children near a weirwood tree.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
It may go some ways to explaining why he was really crazy as opposed to just regular old "Targaryan crazy", at least (although I don't know GoT non-show lore so well, but I assume his madness was above and beyond regular Targaryan madness).

I don't believe he is especially crazy as far as Targs go. There was the Targ obsessed with becoming a dragon who drank wild fire.

Targ madness seems to be a result of their inbreeding. Some come out great, others come out nuts.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
We saw first hand with Joffrey what incest can cause.

Joffrey would've been another Mad King had he not met his Maker so early.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't believe he is especially crazy as far as Targs go. There was the Targ obsessed with becoming a dragon who drank wild fire.

Targ madness seems to be a result of their inbreeding. Some come out great, others come out nuts.

The actions of Rhaegar and the reaction from the Starks, Baratheons, Tullys, and Arryns is what seemed to push him over the edge from normal madness to burning everyone alive. He saw his rule being questioned, and near the end his empire had crumbled and his heir was dead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad