TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VI (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Diamondillium

DO YOU WANT ANTS!?
Aug 22, 2011
Edmonton, AB
But what happens when Maggy the frog's prophecy comes true and Tommen dies? Gendry could make a jump back into the story line, I mean if Benjen can come back after seemingly being lost beyond the wall it's not that far-fetched that Gendry could come back into the story line.

I agree it's possible, I was just referring to why we haven't seen him, but was not meaning to disregard any possibility of it in the future.

Last edited:

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
But what happens when Maggy the frog's prophecy comes true and Tommen dies? Gendry could make a jump back into the story line, I mean if Benjen can come back after seemingly being lost beyond the wall it's not that far-fetched that Gendry could come back into the story line.

He would have to want to do that, which seems unlike him, and would need a rich and powerful house to back him in such a claim. More likely that the entire realm falls deeper into civil war when/if Tommen dies.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Round 6: A Winner Has No Name.

Game Of Thrones: Season 6: Death Prediction List

How To Play/Rules/Notices:

- Post who you think will die next. I will update the list at least once a day, as the season goes on. I will update every page or two and post the updated list, every couple of pages.

- One pick per poster.

- No takesies-backsies. Once you've chosen, you're locked in till the next episode airs.

- Flashback Deaths - Your pick has to be someone who is currently alive. Now that flashbacks are more common in the show, they may also contain scenes of people dying, who are already dead. You can't pick a current dead person to die, even if we're shown that previous death scene.

- BOOK READERS - As always, we kindly request that if you know who is going to die next, please refrain from participating. The show has caught up to and surpassed the books in some storylines....so at the end of the day, use your best judgement. If you honestly don't know and are 'guessing', then you're most welcome to do so.

- And please feel free to give your character choice a 'nickname' [Ex. Meryn 'Pedo' Trant, Podrick 'Tri-Pod' Payne]. If you don't feel like it adding a nickname, i'll do it for you.

- The first poster(s) whose character choice dies, wins.(The character doesn't have to be the first person to die in the episode)

- Cut-Off Time to get to your pick in are Sundays, 4pm EST/7pm PST

Round 7

Virtanen18 - The 'I Hate That Chick' Waif
Mrb1p - Sam 'Hots For The North' Tarly
ap3x - The 'Arc Ender' Waif
StrictlyCommercial - Edmure 'My Big Fat ****ed Up Frey Wedding' Tully
tacogeoff - Edmure 'Made The Bedding Ceremony' Tully
hamzarocks - Edmure 'Still Banged Her' Tully
SashaSemin28 - Brienne 'Tormund's Heart's Bane' Of Tarth
firewagonHOCKEY - Daario 'All Loose Ends Must Die' Naharis
Diamondillium - The 'A Girl Has No Nickname' Waif
Sharpshooter - Lothar 'Blackfish Fodder' Frey
Lord J T Shark - Benjen 'Benjamin-Jennifer' Stark
Sammy225 - Gilly 'Founding Member Of Sam's Club' Wildling
Blender - Lancel 'Westboros Baptist Church Sign Maker' Lannister
Belamorte - Tyrion 'The Dwarf' Lannister
Modo - Tommen "Lil Britches" Lannister
SugarSherm - Sansa 'Show Me Your ****' Stark
Psyfer - Edmure 'FloppyFish' Tully
The Drop - Benjen 'Grab My Good Hand' Stark
Miamipuck - Grand Maester 'Grumpy Grandpa' Pycelle
Eazy for Kuzy - The 'Jealous Witch' Waif
Delicate Genius - Walder 'Evil Willie Nelson' Frey
USC Trojans - The 'Gonna Get Stuck With The Pointy End' Waif
kmad - Tommen 'The Faithful King' Lannister
hoyster - The 'A Girl Has No Nickname' Waif
darko - Edmure 'Where's My Wifey' Tully
PALE PWNR - Benjen 'The Good Zombie' Stark
Oxymoron - Grand Maester 'No Lab For Old Men' Pycelle
Gee Wally - Randyll 'Father Knows Best' Tarly
Bubba Thudd - The Waif 'Wif No Name'
Hasbro - Olenna 'Queen Of Thorns' Tyrell
Poochie_D - Loras 'Stick Your Sword Into My Sheath' Tyrell

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Does the religion's laws allow for a trial by combat even? Maybe that just applies to the King's laws. It would be hilarious to see the look on Cersei's face if High Sparrow says that's not an option.

The idea of a trial by combat is the gods basically help the innocent's champion and weaken the guilties so ya it is allowed.

Of course the gods have no say in it so we shall see if the high sparrow finds some way to not allow it or finds anyone that can actually beat the mountain.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
So...Whatever happened to Robert's living ******* smith son? This keeps bothering me because we've never gone back to him as far as I know and he's still around in Kings Landing as far as I know after Davos helped him escape.

He rowed away and seems to be not of interest anymore. He was never really a focal point. More of a developmental tool for Ned and Arya. An almost useless character.

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Of course Gendry only has a claim and no army. No chance. Does anyone actually know that he is Robert's son? Anyone that could or would back him?

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
He would have to want to do that, which seems unlike him, and would need a rich and powerful house to back him in such a claim. More likely that the entire realm falls deeper into civil war when/if Tommen dies.

Unless there is a strong usurper.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
The idea of a trial by combat is the gods basically help the innocent's champion and weaken the guilties so ya it is allowed.

Of course the gods have no say in it so we shall see if the high sparrow finds some way to not allow it or finds anyone that can actually beat the mountain.

I mean, it's not impossible. The Viper would have won if he did't let his emotions get the better of him..

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf

Undead Hound. Perhaps there was a maester hiding behind that rock!

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Of course Gendry only has a claim and no army. No chance. Does anyone actually know that he is Robert's son? Anyone that could or would back him?

I think the Red Woman might know, or at least strongly suspect. Saving him from her was why Davos put him that boat in the first place. And I would think Davos might suspect something as well.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I think the Red Woman might know, or at least strongly suspect. Saving him from her was why Davos put him that boat in the first place. And I would think Davos might suspect something as well.

I think they discussed that he was Robert's son, so they definitely know.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
I don't remember that detail but it would certainly make sense.

If I remember correctly, the whole reason Melisandre went to go get him was because he had King's blood. She took his blood and used it for the leeches. Davos tried to appeal to Stannis about Gendry being his nephew to stop them from burning him alive, but Stannis didn't care because he was just a *******.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
If I remember correctly, the whole reason Melisandre went to go get him was because he had King's blood. She took his blood and used it for the leeches. Davos tried to appeal to Stannis about Gendry being his nephew to stop them from burning him alive, but Stannis didn't care because he was just a *******.

Right. I just don't remember how she knew. Maybe just her 6th sense of detecting King's Blood from a distance? Stannis knew that Joffrey was illegitimate but I don't think he knew about Robert's assorted spawn?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Right. I just don't remember how she knew. Maybe just her 6th sense of detecting King's Blood from a distance? Stannis knew that Joffrey was illegitimate but I don't think he knew about Robert's assorted spawn?

No idea how she knew to go to the Brotherhood Without Banners to find him, but it seems once she did she could sense something with him (similar to how she acted with Jon later). When she brought him back Stannis looked him over and recognized that he had Baratheon features.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
No idea how she knew to go to the Brotherhood Without Banners to find him, but it seems once she did she could sense something with him (similar to how she acted with Jon later). When she brought him back Stannis looked him over and recognized that he had Baratheon features.

Stannis recognized that? I didn't remember that part. Maybe it's time for me to go back and binge watch from the beginning. Again.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Damn good question. Didn't mind the overall scene, despite all the criticism it got.
But it went a little bit fast, from sitting on the horse and going ahead to returning on Drogon just a second after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad