TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VI (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevin27NYI

Aug 5, 2009
I gotta be honest I am getting bored with the show.

I'm only bored of Dany and sometimes Arya. But Arya can bring me back in a second and has done that. Dany is just a loss here, gain there follow up with a speech. Rinse and repeat. Her moment with Jorah should have had a bigger impact on me but I didn't feel a thing. I think she will take off soon though. I mean, she has Drogon under her absolute control now and 100k Dothraki. She should be at Mereen soon enough.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA
I'm only bored of Dany and sometimes Arya. But Arya can bring me back in a second and has done that. Dany is just a loss here, gain there follow up with a speech. Rinse and repeat. Her moment with Jorah should have had a bigger impact on me but I didn't feel a thing. I think she will take off soon though. I mean, she has Drogon under her absolute control now and 100k Dothraki. She should be at Mereen soon enough.

Arya went from being far and away my favourite character for the first 3-4 seasons to now at the point where I dread seeing her on screen.

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
I've always had this feeling that ever since the witch said all three children would die that the last one would be killed either by Cersei or because of something Cersei did. In fact Cersei came close to killing Tommen before.

I don't think Cersei will kill Tommen but i think she will go absolutely bonker when he eventually get killed by ???. Like Mad King nuts and she will unleash a wave of extreme violence on the faith and KL.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
Its been so long I hardly even care.

Hell, Sansa isn't even very likable anymore.

It's been that way for some time now. I don't think she was ever really likable...

Tommen will die eventually, I think it'll be Lancel who does him in though. That guy always gives me a bad feeling and I think he's about to play a larger role than just this silent, fruit punch drinking, religious zealot.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
It's been that way for some time now. I don't think she was ever really likable...

Tommen will die eventually, I think it'll be Lancel who does him in though. That guy always gives me a bad feeling and I think he's about to play a larger role than just this silent, fruit punch drinking, religious zealot.

Sansa has always been a character that you pity more than anything.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Round 6: A Winner Has No Name.

Game Of Thrones: Season 6: Death Prediction List

How To Play/Rules/Notices:

- Post who you think will die next. I will update the list at least once a day, as the season goes on. I will update every page or two and post the updated list, every couple of pages.

- One pick per poster.

- No takesies-backsies. Once you've chosen, you're locked in till the next episode airs.

- Flashback Deaths - Your pick has to be someone who is currently alive. Now that flashbacks are more common in the show, they may also contain scenes of people dying, who are already dead. You can't pick a current dead person to die, even if we're shown that previous death scene.

- BOOK READERS - As always, we kindly request that if you know who is going to die next, please refrain from participating. The show has caught up to and surpassed the books in some storylines....so at the end of the day, use your best judgement. If you honestly don't know and are 'guessing', then you're most welcome to do so.

- And please feel free to give your character choice a 'nickname' [Ex. Meryn 'Pedo' Trant, Podrick 'Tri-Pod' Payne]. If you don't feel like it adding a nickname, i'll do it for you.

- The first poster(s) whose character choice dies, wins.(The character doesn't have to be the first person to die in the episode)

- Cut-Off Time to get to your pick in are Sundays, 4pm EST/7pm PST

Round 7

Virtanen18 - The 'I Hate That Chick' Waif
Mrb1p - Sam 'Hots For The North' Tarly
ap3x - The 'Arc Ender' Waif
StrictlyCommercial - Edmure 'My Big Fat ****ed Up Frey Wedding' Tully
tacogeoff - Edmure 'Made The Bedding Ceremony' Tully
hamzarocks - Edmure 'Still Banged Her' Tully
SashaSemin28 - Brienne 'Tormund's Heart's Bane' Of Tarth
firewagonHOCKEY - Daario 'All Loose Ends Must Die' Naharis
Diamondillium - The 'A Girl Has No Nickname' Waif
Sharpshooter - Lothar 'Blackfish Fodder' Frey
Lord J T Shark - Benjen 'Benjamin-Jennifer' Stark
Sammy225 - Gilly 'Founding Member Of Sam's Club' Wildling
Blender - Lancel 'Westboros Baptist Church Sign Maker' Lannister
Belamorte - Tyrion 'The Dwarf' Lannister
Modo - Tommen "Lil Britches" Lannister
SugarSherm - Theatre Troupe Sansa 'Show Me Your ****' Stark
Psyfer - Edmure 'FloppyFish' Tully
The Drop - Benjen 'Grab My Good Hand' Stark
Miamipuck - Grand Maester 'Grumpy Grandpa' Pycelle
Eazy for Kuzy - The 'Jealous Witch' Waif
Delicate Genius - Walder 'Evil Willie Nelson' Frey
USC Trojans - The 'Gonna Get Stuck With The Pointy End' Waif
kmad - Tommen 'The Faithful King' Lannister
hoyster - The 'A Girl Has No Nickname' Waif
darko - Edmure 'Where's My Wifey' Tully
PALE PWNR - Benjen 'The Good Zombie' Stark
Oxymoron - Grand Maester 'No Lab For Old Men' Pycelle
Gee Wally - Randyll 'Father Knows Best' Tarly
Bubba Thudd - The Waif 'Wif No Name'
Hasbro - Olenna 'Queen Of Thorns' Tyrell
Poochie_D - Loras 'Stick Your Sword Into My Sheath' Tyrell
The Waffler - Arya 'A Girl Has A Name' Stark
JDinkalage Morgoone - The ' I Love No Name' Waif
Speedboat 50 - Ramsay 'Hide Yo Kids, Hide Yo Wife' Bolton

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I know it's your pick and all and who am I to question it, but why do you think we'll be seeing topless actress Sansa again?

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec

Back in the days of her hating Arya and getting her friend butchered all while being with Jeoffry, I had no love for her, and haven't since.

Round 6: A Winner Has No Name.

Game Of Thrones: Season 6: Death Prediction List

How To Play/Rules/Notices:

- Post who you think will die next. I will update the list at least once a day, as the season goes on. I will update every page or two and post the updated list, every couple of pages.

- One pick per poster.

- No takesies-backsies. Once you've chosen, you're locked in till the next episode airs.

- Flashback Deaths - Your pick has to be someone who is currently alive. Now that flashbacks are more common in the show, they may also contain scenes of people dying, who are already dead. You can't pick a current dead person to die, even if we're shown that previous death scene.

- BOOK READERS - As always, we kindly request that if you know who is going to die next, please refrain from participating. The show has caught up to and surpassed the books in some storylines....so at the end of the day, use your best judgement. If you honestly don't know and are 'guessing', then you're most welcome to do so.

- And please feel free to give your character choice a 'nickname' [Ex. Meryn 'Pedo' Trant, Podrick 'Tri-Pod' Payne]. If you don't feel like it adding a nickname, i'll do it for you.

- The first poster(s) whose character choice dies, wins.(The character doesn't have to be the first person to die in the episode)

- Cut-Off Time to get to your pick in are Sundays, 4pm EST/7pm PST

Round 7

Virtanen18 - The 'I Hate That Chick' Waif
Mrb1p - Sam 'Hots For The North' Tarly
ap3x - The 'Arc Ender' Waif
StrictlyCommercial - Edmure 'My Big Fat ****ed Up Frey Wedding' Tully
tacogeoff - Edmure 'Made The Bedding Ceremony' Tully
hamzarocks - Edmure 'Still Banged Her' Tully
SashaSemin28 - Brienne 'Tormund's Heart's Bane' Of Tarth
firewagonHOCKEY - Daario 'All Loose Ends Must Die' Naharis
Diamondillium - The 'A Girl Has No Nickname' Waif
Sharpshooter - Lothar 'Blackfish Fodder' Frey
Lord J T Shark - Benjen 'Benjamin-Jennifer' Stark
Sammy225 - Gilly 'Founding Member Of Sam's Club' Wildling
Blender - Lancel 'Westboros Baptist Church Sign Maker' Lannister
Belamorte - Tyrion 'The Dwarf' Lannister
Modo - Tommen "Lil Britches" Lannister
SugarSherm - Theatre Troupe Sansa 'Show Me Your ****' Stark
Psyfer - Edmure 'FloppyFish' Tully
The Drop - Benjen 'Grab My Good Hand' Stark
Miamipuck - Grand Maester 'Grumpy Grandpa' Pycelle
Eazy for Kuzy - The 'Jealous Witch' Waif
Delicate Genius - Walder 'Evil Willie Nelson' Frey
USC Trojans - The 'Gonna Get Stuck With The Pointy End' Waif
kmad - Tommen 'The Faithful King' Lannister
hoyster - The 'A Girl Has No Nickname' Waif
darko - Edmure 'Where's My Wifey' Tully
PALE PWNR - Benjen 'The Good Zombie' Stark
Oxymoron - Grand Maester 'No Lab For Old Men' Pycelle
Gee Wally - Randyll 'Father Knows Best' Tarly
Bubba Thudd - The Waif 'Wif No Name'
Hasbro - Olenna 'Queen Of Thorns' Tyrell
Poochie_D - Loras 'Stick Your Sword Into My Sheath' Tyrell
The Waffler - Arya 'A Girl Has A Name' Stark
JDinkalage Morgoone - The ' I Love No Name' Waif

I'll have a go.

Put be down for, Ramsey 'Hide your wives, daughters, and children' Bolton.

Pilky01

Jan 30, 2012
GTA

Yeah, pity more than likable. I mean, she was downright hateable in the first season, but I forgave that because she was just a dumb kid.

SugarSherm

The One and Only
Aug 25, 2012
Augusta, Georgia
Back in the days of her hating Arya and getting her friend butchered all while being with Jeoffry, I had no love for her, and haven't since.

I chalk that up to her being a teenage girl. Of course she isn't going to like her little sister and she wasn't the one who got the butchers boy killed either. That was also for what 4 or 5 episodes in season one? Almost everything that has happened to her since afterwards has been tragic. Shes one of characters who has suffered the most in this show short of death.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
I chalk that up to her being a teenage girl. Of course she isn't going to like her little sister and she wasn't the one who got the butchers boy killed either. That was also for what 4 or 5 episodes in season one?

Most of first season I would guess. However, her lying to Robert Baratheon about what went down got a direwolf killed, and made the butcher's boy a fugitive.

Almost everything that has happened to her since afterwards has been tragic. Shes one of the of the characters who has suffered the most in this show short of death.

True, although I think that it mainly because Joeff and Ramsey are both psychos. With that being the case though, I'd rather be her than Theon Greyjoy...

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
I chalk that up to her being a teenage girl. Of course she isn't going to like her little sister and she wasn't the one who got the butchers boy killed either. That was also for what 4 or 5 episodes in season one? Almost everything that has happened to her since afterwards has been tragic. Shes one of characters who has suffered the most in this show short of death.

I hated her in S1 and 2, and then started slowly feeling bad for her over the course of the next 3 seasons after. She had gone through a lot, and I was kinda rooting for her to find some footing of hope and power. However, almost instantly with her lying to Jon and pointing out that she the Stark, and being once again so easily manipulated, that I've gone back to not liking her. I don't hate her as much as I did in the first 2 seasons, but if she continues this trend back to being 'Stupid Sansa', then she'll easily become one my most hated characters once again.

Sharpshooter

Dec 14, 2011
Most of first season I would guess. However, her lying to Robert Baratheon about what went down got a direwolf killed, and made the butcher's boy a fugitive.

True, although I think that it mainly because Joeff and Ramsey are both psychos. With that being the case though, I'd rather be her than Theon Greyjoy...

She's a known liar. She hasn't learned anything in that regards from S1. And the look on Brienne's face when she discovered that Sansa is a liar, just tells me that she didn't approve of that kind of 'character', and that I doubt Sansa's going to change. She lies to benefit herself.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008

You think Sansa is to blame for Arya's friend getting killed? Come on.

I never understood how, even when there were attempts to rescue her from Joffrey, she was all "I love Joffrey with all my heart".

The one attempt, from a drunk, in the middle of a battle. I feel like I have had this discussion before.

Eco

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2013
Beaupré, Quebec
You think Sansa is to blame for Arya's friend getting killed? Come on.

The one attempt, from a drunk, in the middle of a battle. I feel like I have had this discussion before.

Maybe not, but it didn't help the matter. But lying to impress a boy while also damaging your own sister's repuation makes you a righteous **** in my books.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
Maybe not, but it didn't help the matter. But lying to impress a boy while also damaging your own sister's repuation makes you a righteous **** in my books.

What didn't help the matter? That she chose to walk with her betrothed in the forest which led to the encounter?

If we are going to go that route, Arya is just as at fault because she chose to play swords with her friend.

And she chose not to corroborate either story for fear of reprisals from either end. Either way she is in a bad spot, there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad