TV: Game of Thrones | Season 6 | Part VI (NO BOOK DISCUSSION - NO SPOILERS!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Friend of mine had an interesting idea today about Cersei's trial by combat. What if Tommen becomes the champion for the faith? Cersei obviously isn't going to let Tommen get chopped in half by the Mountain, so she would pretty much be forced to confess. High Sparrow wins again.

Or, the other option, HS declares that the trial by combat can't be stopped at this point, convinces Tommen the gods will protect him(because Tommen is stupid), and when Tommen dies with no clear heir, HS takes over for himself.

So either way, High Sparrow wins.

I think you're right. Cercei has mentioned trial by combat twice. It has to be important.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I've always had this feeling that ever since the witch said all three children would die that the last one would be killed either by Cersei or because of something Cersei did. In fact Cersei came close to killing Tommen before.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
That was more of a potential mercy killing.

Death by poison might not have been as bad what Stannis might have done.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I know. Still counts as her nearly killing Tommen.

I know. Just pointing out the circumstances are considerably different. Just amusing to me. That one prophecy (almost) fulfillment would've been mercy, the other literally having her killing machine locked in to murder her son. In a trial by combat there to help her evade the incest by which Tommen was conceived.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Friend of mine had an interesting idea today about Cersei's trial by combat. What if Tommen becomes the champion for the faith? Cersei obviously isn't going to let Tommen get chopped in half by the Mountain, so she would pretty much be forced to confess. High Sparrow wins again.

Or, the other option, HS declares that the trial by combat can't be stopped at this point, convinces Tommen the gods will protect him(because Tommen is stupid), and when Tommen dies with no clear heir, HS takes over for himself.

200.gif

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Do we really think a Trial by Combat is going to be allowed to happen with Zombie Mountain? I think the HS will convince Tommen that TbC are not will of the Gods and Cersei will have to be put on trail..... I mean this is GoT after all..... war is the least likely thing to happen :laugh:

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Do we really think a Trial by Combat is going to be allowed to happen with Zombie Mountain? I think the HS will convince Tommen that TbC are not will of the Gods and Cersei will have to be put on trail..... I mean this is GoT after all..... war is the least likely thing to happen :laugh:

Trial by combat in Game of Thrones is actually directly related to the seven. The idea is that the gods tip the scales in a trial by combat, expressing their will.

I believe the Mountain will fight and lose in the trial by combat.

dma0034

Jun 27, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Trial by combat in Game of Thrones is actually directly related to the seven. The idea is that the gods tip the scales in a trial by combat, expressing their will.

He can't lose. I doubt there will be a trial by combat. For as long as the show has been on Cersei was always a step ahead of everyone else..... now the HS is one step ahead..... you really think he sees the Mountain scrolling around and will allow a TbC with him to determine his greatest rival's fate..... the HS is too smart for that.

kdb209

Jan 26, 2005

Trial by Combat is not exclusive to The Seven.

When the Hound wins his trial by Combat against Beric Dondarion, he is deemed innocent in the eyes of R'hllor.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
It's a bit sad that with Joff, Tyrion and Tywin gone from King's Landing (for different reasons obviously) we don't see much more of the politics going on. In particular I'd be interested in how the council meetings discuss various topics (Roose Bolton's death, the Blackfish, everything that has happened at the Wall (Wildings, Jon), reports of Dany etc.). I mean, these must be topics of importance, even to stupid Tommen or at least his uncle, the Tyrells and Pycelle.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
He can't lose. I doubt there will be a trial by combat. For as long as the show has been on Cersei was always a step ahead of everyone else..... now the HS is one step ahead..... you really think he sees the Mountain scrolling around and will allow a TbC with him to determine his greatest rival's fate..... the HS is too smart for that.

Cersei has actually NEVER been a step ahead of everybody. She ****ed up with Joffrey when he executed Ned Stark, Tyrion and Tywin spent all of Season's 2 and 3 putting her in her place and she's done nothing but lose to the High Sparrow for the last two years.

There will obviously be a trial by combat. I think the Mountain will lose.

Trial by Combat is not exclusive to The Seven.

When the Hound wins his trial by Combat against Beric Dondarion, he is deemed innocent in the eyes of R'hllor.

No, not exclusively - but the entire idea is that the Gods decide the winner of the fight and the Seven have been no different historically. The faith militant won't object to the trial by combat under the pretense that it's not the will of the gods.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
Even the After the Thrones geeks brought up Dany as a potential villain this week.

She may not even need to be a villain. The way things are going in Westeros they'll all wipe each other out and Dany will just come in for the final touches. :laugh:

darko

Feb 16, 2009

LOL that'd be brilliant.

The Lunatic Fridge

why is my name here?
Aug 20, 2008
New York
I like the trial by combat idea with tommen vs mountain. I like it alot.

Especially if cersei if forced to murder has last child to avoid trial herself.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Cersei has actually NEVER been a step ahead of everybody. She ****ed up with Joffrey when he executed Ned Stark, Tyrion and Tywin spent all of Season's 2 and 3 putting her in her place and she's done nothing but lose to the High Sparrow for the last two years.

There will obviously be a trial by combat. I think the Mountain will lose.

No, not exclusively - but the entire idea is that the Gods decide the winner of the fight and the Seven have been no different historically. The faith militant won't object to the trial by combat under the pretense that it's not the will of the gods.

Against who, though?

I'm still holding out hope that Sandor's alive.....what sweet justice it would be for him to return and get his revenge on Gregor.

Besides, feeding Tommen to Gregor seems like a copout to me.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Tommen isn't a brilliant strategist, but I don't see him agreeing to be a champion in a trial by combat. :laugh:

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York

0d41808f60af8871fa122b3b0f37ab1b.gif

heutZe

Sep 15, 2010
Norway
Well it's the seven kingdoms and Taly's aren't one of the great houses so I'm pretty sure they are bannermen to the Tyrells, probably the 2nd most powerful house in that region. So kind of like the Bolton's to the Starks, minus the back stabby.

The Reach has several powerful houses that almost match the Tyrells which means that the Tyrells hold on the region has never been particularly strong. They also became the lords of the Reach only 300 years ago following the extinction of House Gardener during Aegon's conquest.

You have the Hightowers, the Tarlys, the Florents, the Redwynes etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad