Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - A Frustrating Night in Vancouver - Canucks 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Yeah I disagree.

He’s the only player on the team that some fans, for some reason, feel doesn’t need to be held accountable for his stat line.

I like the guy. Was his ultimate defender despite criticism during his prime years. But it’s pretty obvious his game has regressed. At this point, it feels like a certain contingent of fans are simply immersed in their defense of him and it really doesn’t matter what quantificable evidence comes up to contradict their feelings.

Could he have better stats with higher scoring wingers? Sure. So could every other center. When this argument is given year after year, it gets ridiculous. If he’s the great center still that so many say he is, he should be elevating his line mates. He’s the only star player I’ve ever seen whom apparently can pass the burden to his wingers to elevate his game.

He's a fine playmaker not amiracle worker and he is no longer 25 and has played lots of hockey. The guy still had ten points last playoffs with a useless Nash . And still dig to find mistakes.
If krejci goes you better hope we find a suitable replacement because his absence long term will be felt

Reactions: BMC and HockeyMomx2

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He's a fine playmaker not amiracle worker and he is no longer 25 and has played lots of hockey. The guy still had ten points last playoffs with a useless Nash . And still dig to find mistakes.
If krejci goes you better hope we find a suitable replacement because his absence long term will be felt

I’m not saying get rid of him.

Just saying that I’m not necessarily looking to build around him on the second line. I still think he’s a decent player, but shift him down to third line center if there’s a trade out there for a better 2C option. Entire second line needs a boost imo, and I’m not at all opposed to trying someone other than Krejci there.

Anything to win. Now is the time to try things. Try different wingers, try this, try that. I’m open to anything. Guy just hasn’t done enough to deserve that spot locked unconditionally. Nor have most of the players on the team. Not an insult to their abilities...just my opinion that you’ve got to try things and push the limits, mostly within but sometimes outside of the organizeiotn.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Was there a better producer the year we won the cup???
What happened to the bruins when he went down vs the flyers?
And replaced by start Trent Whitfield.. epic comeback by the fkyers
Trying hard to figure out what you had to defend during his prime years ... What is wrong with these fans ...this guy has served us terrifically and keep in mind he's a playmaker above all.
Man o man ...wt* . fans want?

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Was there a better producer the year we won the cup???
What happened to the bruins when he went down vs the flyers?
And replaced by start Trent Whitfield.. epic comeback by the fkyers
Trying hard to figure out what you had to defend during his prime years ... What is wrong with these fans ...this guy has served us terrifically and keep in mind he's a playmaker above all.
Man o man ...wt* . fans want?

Yeah, you’re pledging loyalty because of past accomplishments.

That’s not the type of fan I am. It’s a sport. If you aren’t producing in a particular spot, let’s change it up. Either with the player not producing or with others around him. Or with other aspects of coaching. Something.

You’re doing the whole “talk about athletes like war heroes” thing and it isn’t at all how I view sports or athletes.

And yes...him going down in 2010 was utterly devastating.

I guess I was defending him back around 2014/2015 as people started to question things like his physicality and effort.

Again, I do not think he’s a bad player or not serviceable. I just think him being perpetually locked into the spot reminds me of the fans who insisted we couldn’t get rid of Claude Julien because there were no other options. I just don’t look at things as that cut and dry. You make a call on what’s best for the team. Not saying trading DK is what’s best for this team...just that the unconditional loyalty of any one player will just serve to set you back.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I’m not saying get rid of him.

Just saying that I’m not necessarily looking to build around him on the second line. I still think he’s a decent player, but shift him down to third line center if there’s a trade out there for a better 2C option. Entire second line needs a boost imo, and I’m not at all opposed to trying someone other than Krejci there.

Anything to win. Now is the time to try things. Try different wingers, try this, try that. I’m open to anything. Guy just hasn’t done enough to deserve that spot locked unconditionally. Nor have most of the players on the team. Not an insult to their abilities...just my opinion that you’ve got to try things and push the limits, mostly within but sometimes outside of the organizeiotn.

He isn't a young krejci anymore.
But who out there can you get that you can be confident will be better.? It would imo have to be a young highly skilled center to move forward....so who?
Centers of. Quality are so hard to get.. I was interested in Drouin when he was available felt his skating abilities would do the bruins well. Then there was Tav. I wonder how agressive they really were in getting him.... So now who is out there that can be had?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

That’s not the type of fan I am. It’s a sport. If you aren’t producing in a particular spot, let’s change it up. Either with the player not producing or with others around him. Or with other aspects of coaching. Something.

You’re doing the whole “talk about athletes like war heroes” thing and it isn’t at all how I view sports or athletes.

I was referring to ur statement that you had to defend him during his prime years..... Why .. there shouldn't have been anything to defend..
As for now the guy still produced last season in the playoffs.. what more do you want? You want him
To carry the team...no he's not that player but he is still an asset and unless we have someone way above him...I wouldn't touch him
Trade him for an excellent center sure but not just for a reg center .no way

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
He isn't a young krejci anymore.
But who out there can you get that you can be confident will be better.? It would imo have to be a young highly skilled center to move forward....so who?
Centers of. Quality are so hard to get.. I was interested in Drouin when he was available felt his skating abilities would do the bruins well. Then there was Tav. I wonder how agressive they really were in getting him.... So now who is out there that can be had?

It’s sports. Options are more infinite than they are finite. Again - it’s like the “but there’s no one out there to take Claude’s spot” argument from a few years ago.

I’ve got to get to bed but maybe I’ll come back to this tomorrow.

Reactions: Strafer

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

I guess I was defending him back around 2014/2015 as people started to question things like his physicality and effort.

Again, I do not think he’s a bad player or not serviceable. I just think him being perpetually locked into the spot reminds me of the fans who insisted we couldn’t get rid of Claude Julien because there were no other options. I just don’t look at things as that cut and dry. You make a call on what’s best for the team. Not saying trading DK is what’s best for this team...just that the unconditional loyalty of any one player will just serve to set you back.

I agree very true unconditional loyalty will set you back... So will you be ready to trade Berg if you see that this team were at one point may not be going anywhere anymore

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Bergeron and Krecji should be the ones stapled to bench 3 on 3.They are to slow.Sorry to hurt feelings but them 2 cannot out skate lots on that roster.Anyways its over now.

You're not wrong in thinking this way, but I still think Bergy can be effective in OT just because he's Patrice ****ing Bergeron, but I would like to see as many of the faster skaters as possible on the ice 3 on 3 for obvious reasons.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Our most physical guy in our top 9 is a guy who’s literally 12 steps behind everyone. If you think this is the group you go to war with in the playoffs... you’re sadly mistaken.

Yay! Donato! Skill, speed!
Yay! Bjork! Skill, speed!

This team needs some god damn size and skill, and they should deal one of Heinen, Bjork, Donato....

I realize I may sound like a broken record, and I know I’ll gef the same argument from the same people. This team is built for a first round exit. They’re beyond soft. They have one forward that gets his hands dirty and he plays 8 mins.

They need to make a god damn trade, and not trade for an odd jersey number. They need to make a significant move.

If we ride out this wave, we will not make the post season.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Our most physical guy in our top 9 is a guy who’s literally 12 steps behind everyone. If you think this is the group you go to war with in the playoffs... you’re sadly mistaken.

Yay! Donato! Skill, speed!
Yay! Bjork! Skill, speed!

This team needs some god damn size and skill, and they should deal one of Heinen, Bjork, Donato....

I realize I may sound like a broken record, and I know I’ll gef the same argument from the same people. This team is built for a first round exit. They’re beyond soft. They have one forward that gets his hands dirty and he plays 8 mins.

They need to make a god damn trade, and not trade for an odd jersey number. They need to make a significant move.

If we ride out this wave, we will not make the post season.

This team isn’t missing the playoffs as is. Which forward plays 8 minutes a night? And by hands dirty I assume you mean a fighter. Something Boston leads the league in. Edmonton is filled with people who can fight, but can’t find players not named McDavid to provide offense and continue to sit at the bottom of the league.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
Amazing how much things can change in a week.

I’m not ready to go full chicken little yet, but the dry spell is pretty concerning.

They haven’t exactly had to play the iron of the league yet aside from the opener against the Caps either.

Reactions: Hamilton Brian

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Something is wrong with Marchy.

He looked off again tonight and the team’s overall performance in OT was icing on the cake.

It seems like he’s having a hard time trying to find that fine line of pest and elite player as well as trying to put the team on his back for some reason.

I hope he’s not fighting an injury.

I think its more mental then anything, at times he appears as he doesn't give a dam, Something is diffidently going on with him.You maybe right about the fine line. Who knows maybe someone in upper-management tweaked him a little bit abut his playing style. These guys are human beings and they carry a lot of pride but its a long season and hopefully Marchy gets out of his rut sooner than later because he is the star that stirs this drink.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
Early days for sure, Defence and Goaltending I am happy with, but the forward group has to shake itself out.

Forwards 6-9 are a complete crapshoot right now.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Bergeron and Krecji should be the ones stapled to bench 3 on 3.They are to slow.Sorry to hurt feelings but them 2 cannot out skate lots on that roster.Anyways its over now.

Are you f--nuts??

Bergeron is one of, if not the best face off man in the game. Possession in OT is Huge.

He's the best defensive forward in the game one of the best passers see's the ice as well as anyone on the Bruins. He may not be Connor McDavid but he isn't big Z neither, when it comes to being fleet of foot. His brains, his anticipation and just his chemistry with Marchand and Pasta as well as Krug when he's healthy is more than enough reason he should be on the ice in OT.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I hate this opening schedule so much. Must be the softest opening schedule in the league. Ideally you’d like to build a cushion with weak opposition but first 10 games are a write off until players/goalies/lines really settle in. Games are an absolute crapshoot. Sens and Habs are playoff teams and the Caps are a lottery team right now.

However these are points/teams they’d like to have later when they pay for the soft schedule and its tough games every night.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
On the bright side after all this gloom and doom, Vaak looked pretty good out there. Nothing blindingly brilliant, but he did well overall.

Reactions: gillesgilbert

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I agree very true unconditional loyalty will set you back... So will you be ready to trade Berg if you see that this team were at one point may not be going anywhere anymore

It’s not about the position of the team. It’s about the player.

If at some point down the road Patrice Bergeron has little value to the team (for whatever the reason) and we are offered a deal at the deadline, of course you consider it. It would be silly to do otherwise.

It’s hard for me to see such a thing happening any time soon, but I guess I’ll at least provide you that answer to the question.

Was that supposed to be some show stopper of a question?

Crash Bandicoot

Sobriety isn't for wimps.
Feb 25, 2016
If anyone needs a better example of why Krejci is more drag than sail on this team then you need to watch that game again last night. To say we have nothing better neglects the talent in Providence, be it raw, it still would be an upgrade over that tired and worthless effort we got from him last night. Lost every puck battle on the boards. Trailed the play by great lengths after the lost possession, and couldn't sustain puck possession in the offensive zone or keep up with his wingers. This league is all about speed and Krejci is all about puck watching and waiting.

Totally played on his ass. I've seen enough of this for the last 4 seasons. Don't talk to me about points. Anyone out there is going to get points as a center on a line with talented wingers. It's time for the long pants Sweeney and Cassidy and sit him. Plug in some of the younger talented centers you have stocked in Providence.

Time to call up Colby Cave

Last edited:

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
You have to give Kudos to Sweeney for his summer signings to this point. Halak has been brilliant, Nordstrom and Wagner have better than expected and Moore is a great signing at the price he's being paid for the next 5 years. Not paying Schaller 1.9 was the right thing to do.

Look at the LA Kings start and what they're doing, I'm happy they didn't pony up 18 mil for Kovalchuk for 3 years, he's been invisible for the most part and is only getting older.

The big problem is that the kids everyone expected to be offensive juggernauts this year haven't come close to what has been expected of them yet. But it's early, not having Krug and McCoy to drive some offense from the back end last night, especially on the PP hurt them.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Very nice goal by Nords! Liking this guy,

He is one of the hardest working forwards we have, too. Lots of people ripped all over the move this summer, but there is more to the guy than what he did in Carolina for the most part. Perfect for our bottom 6 and PK and can play up if need arises.

Reactions: BMC and Blowfish

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad