Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - A Frustrating Night in Vancouver - Canucks 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
This is AFTER Carlo coughs up the puck!

Marchand doesn't even have possession.

That's what people are upset about? That he couldn't make a play on two different opponents trying to cover for his teammate who gifted up the puck at the blueline?

Tough crowd.

I am pretty sure you are only arguing with a single poster on this. While I am criticizing Marchand’s overall defensive OT play, I have said multiple times here that he did nothing wrong in this instance.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Hard to predict how this team will do. I think they'll make the playoffs but have to say ..they look bad on this road trip. Im not interested in a bubble playoff team ..I really would rather get the number one for next few years rather then face repeated quick playoff exits.
This your first year watching hockey?

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
David is a great player and is linemates varies greatly but he should be better. Debrusk is very far from the worst he played with by the way.

Dk is as crafty as they come he is not getting any younger though
And he might be slowing down ..but he does need a good scorer on his sides or he won't be that much of afactor..the guy is a playmaker and I think he's still very good at it

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Hard to predict how this team will do. I think they'll make the playoffs but have to say ..they look bad on this road trip. Im not interested in a bubble playoff team ..I really would rather get the number one for next few years rather then face repeated quick playoff exits.
I don’t think you can make a projection right now in October in how this year is going to play out . I doubt the Bruins will get as many regular season points as they did last year but I really don’t care . I hope they can improve upon their secondary scoring as the year moves along , develop that 2nd pair on the backend ( Carlo and Moore is a damn good start ) and Halak is solid all year long ( unlike Dobby who stumbled down the stretch and wasn’t a playoff option ) so he can step in if Rask falters in the playoffs. I just want the team ready by the playoffs so they can give Tampa and Toronto all they can handle .

Reactions: BMC and 22Brad Park

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
Lol mr. make believe just said Marchand passed the puck back to Carlo, which clearly never happened. Regardless Marchand needs to collect that puck and someone else needs to get back on defense.

Point being it’s not Carlos fault and Marchand certainly didn’t pass the puck to Carlo like Mr make believe said he did.

Not Carlos fault he was left on an island by his teammates in a 2 on 1 situation.

Clearly he never passed that puck to Carlo. According to your evidence that begins two seconds AFTER the play I'm talking about. :laugh:

Good lord.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Pia8988

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

Okay.

I’m putting on the record in you being okay with being dead last for the next few years. Totally believable.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017

That's nice but some of those attempts need to end up in the net....

Ya. This is cherry picking a stat for the feel good feelings.

I liked Debrusk game in general. But he’s the 2nd line winger because the other options aren’t any good. Nordstrom tried hard but shouldn’t be playing where he is. Krejci’s routine I’ve seen before and it’s honestly dull now. He’s a third liner at this point.

They are missing a true 2nd line in its entirety. That’s the issue right now. If those three were your third line they’d be slotted correctly.

And yes. Some health On the backend would be nice as well.

And for the love of the hockey gods buy a guy who will stand in front of the net and screen a goalie. It’s been an issue forever

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
That's 11 months 30days more then you.
You haven’t learned much, then. October games don’t dictate the whole season. They were horrible last year at this time and straightened it out. They played a good game without three guys. Relax and don’t be part of the sky is falling crowd.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I don’t think you can make a projection right now in October in how this year is going to play out . I doubt the Bruins will get as many regular season points as they did last year but I really don’t care . I hope they can improve upon their secondary scoring as the year moves along , develop that 2nd pair on the backend ( Carlo and Moore is a damn good start ) and Halak is solid all year long ( unlike Dobby who stumbled down the stretch and wasn’t a playoff option ) so he can step in if Rask falters in the playoffs. I just want the team ready by the playoffs so they can give Tampa and Toronto all they can handle .

Yes but how far can this team realistically go in the playoffs?.
What are fans content with? We went to the 2nd Rd last year ..I'd like to improve on that but other teams are very strong

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Bruins play these kids who are suppose have alot of skill like Bjork and Donato .The ice opens up 3on 3 and Cassidy staples them to the bench.If they cannot get out there then why even have them up playing ?

Reactions: TCB

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
Okay.

I’m putting on the record in you being okay with being dead last for the next few years. Totally believable.

Ok..so u rather get eliminated in the first Rd ???
I'll put it on record for you.. you do not build by being a bubble playoff team especially that guys like Berg and Dk aren't getting any younger . Not interested inaking playoffs and getting eliminated first Rd.who wants that???

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
I realize this is meaningless, but how did Bergeron end up as the second star? I mean, it's no secret he's my favorite, but I'd have gone with Nordstrom or Halak before Bergy tonight.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
I am pretty sure you are only arguing with a single poster on this. While I am criticizing Marchand’s overall defensive OT play, I have said multiple times here that he did nothing wrong in this instance.

Oh just him on this one. I noticed a few posts at the end of the GDT pissy with Marchand.

Don't know I disagree about his defensive zone coverage 3-on-3. Just not sure I care entirely. It's like blaming the goalie on penalty shot. I wish it was saved, but it's a penalty shot. I don't know.

This team doesn't look in gimmicky bulls***. Marchand is prominent in not being the exception. :laugh:

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Bruins play these kids who are suppose have alot of skill like Bjork and Donato .The ice opens up 3on 3 and Cassidy staples them to the bench.If they cannot get out there then why even have them up playing ?
Bad choice by Cassidy.

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
You haven’t learned much, then. October games don’t dictate the whole season. They were horrible last year at this time and straightened it out. They played a good game without three guys. Relax and don’t be part of the sky is falling crowd.

Fine so what exactly are you saying?
Do you think this team is a strong cup contender? Cuz that's all I care about either being a serious cup contender or seriously building towards being one.
Again keep in mind Berg DK are not eternal and of course Chara

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016

Fine so what exactly are you saying?
Do you think this team is a strong cup contender? Cuz that's all I care about either being a serious cup contender or seriously building towards being one.
Again keep in mind Berg DK are not eternal and of course Chara
And im not saying the sky is falling .I already said in think they'll make the playoffs...but how far can they realistically go? Thatsmy question and a very legitimate one at that

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Yes but how far can this team realistically go in the playoffs?.
What are fans content with? We went to the 2nd Rd last year ..I'd like to improve on that but other teams are very strong
How far can any team go in the East knowing they have to get through Tampa and Toronto just to make the semi finals ? I certainly don’t think you can build a team right now that guarantees that . Maybe the Bruins get the breaks and some decent officiating and find a way through ??

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Oh just him on this one. I noticed a few posts at the end of the GDT pissy with Marchand.

Don't know I disagree about his defensive zone coverage 3-on-3. Just not sure I care entirely. It's like blaming the goalie on penalty shot. I wish it was saved, but it's a penalty shot. I don't know.

This team doesn't look in gimmicky bulls***. Marchand is prominent in not being the exception. :laugh:

I am with you. Perhaps it’s a small problems among many much larger ones.

Not to get too Andy Brickley, however, but “points are at a premium”. If they take an actual risk and get caught up ice in 3 on 3, I get it. But when a team simply has possession in your zone and one guy decides to come off his man, it f***s up everything.

Wasn’t the issue tonight in the winning goal, but it’s been quite noticeable in both games. Marchand deciding to forego his defensive responsibilities as one of the three guys out there isn’t really affording him more chances the other way when we’re just talking basic man-on-man coverage.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Ok..so u rather get eliminated in the first Rd ???
I'll put it on record for you.. you do not build by being a bubble playoff team especially that guys like Berg and Dk aren't getting any younger . Not interested inaking playoffs and getting eliminated first Rd.who wants that???

I’d rather see what happens. Shoot me.

You’re advocating for a rebuild with a team that has a 4-2-2 record and went to the second round of the playoffs last year. A team which, unlike plenty of other teams, has a nice pipeline of talent and has basically rebuilt itself while staying competitive or close to it.

Until we are in January and on a rapid decline, I’ll take the “try to win games” strategy.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Anybody who thought Marchand was more at fault than Carlo on the OT goal must have not been watching the game.

Marchand fed a perfect pass back to Carlo at the point, but when Carlo lost control of the puck Marchand tried hard to regain possession losing his balance and the Canucks broke out on a 2 on 1 against Carlo and scored a nice goal.

Although Marchand didn't have his best game tonight, it was definitely Carlo's fault that the 2 on 1 turned into the game winning goal.

Reactions: Ladyfan and TCB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad