Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - A Frustrating Night in Vancouver - Canucks 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Look at a guy for Flames like Valimaki playing regular shift on backend and drafted in 2016.Zboril should be there by now so its disturbing that big pick is looking like a bust.Project?The kid was picked in 1st round 13th overall.Project picks should not be that high.I had season tickets in Q for years and watched him alot.Never liked the pick then hate it more now.Anyways Bruins have other concerns I was just saying how this kid blew past Zboril .

I am assuming you are old enough to remember the days not so long ago (at least it seems) when players, especially defensemen took 3-4 years to become pro ready. A lot of guys are playing regular at very young ages because of the stupid salary cap and it has become a necessity for teams. Many of them, maybe most of them, 10-15 years ago would still be in the AHL or IHL learning how to play a complete game. The Bruins have a bit of a luxury with a solid pro D-corps (injury outbreaks aside) that they can develop some of their young players properly. I am okay with Zboril taking another season to learn the game. I didn't see him play like you did, so there might be other things going on, but in general principle it isn't a problem.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Bruins too passive in OT. Like they are stuck between being "cute" and "simple." Honestly, it seems to be a problem throughout.

BigBear83

Jan 29, 2013
Haverhill, NH
My biggest complaint is what they are doing in the offensive zone.. they look like they have no idea what to do unless its muck in the corner only to throw it to the other corner... that, and butch needs to leave lines as they are .. it seems as there is true panic in all of his decisions.. give them time to play together.. the pre-season completely hindered this team.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Urho Vaakanainen calls on energy reserves for cross-country trip to join Bruins - The Boston Globe

VANCOUVER — Stoic, hardheaded perseverance is a personality trait of national pride for Finns. They call it a word that doesn’t directly translate into other languages, one that wraps tenacity, courage, and resolve into a neat four-letter package.

Urho Vaakanainen needed a little “sisu” for his NHL debut.

After logging 26-plus minutes Friday night on the Providence blue line, coach Jay Leach pulled him aside in a rink in Bridgeport, Conn., and told him the big club needed him.
In Vancouver. In about 15 hours.

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
I am having a great one. I wasn't belittling the guy's effort- someone above was making Wagner's SOG numbers as reason to bash Krejci's play, as if the team would have been better off playing Wagner in Krejci's spot or something. So yeah, Wagner got 5 SOG's and that has jack all to do with David Krejci's effort or performance and value to the team and it was a stupid comparison to make. Sorry if you were offended by that, but it wasn't meant as a shot on Wagner. Wagner is good at what he does, but that is not as an offensive weapon.

Agreed! Glad we got to the bottom of it. Cheers.

Reactions: Dr Hook

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
I only watched the third period and overtime yesterday. I counted one body check in that time. I don't know about anyone else but I find this unwatchable. I looks like pond hockey to me.
Actually I think there might be more body contact in pond hockey!

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
I am not worried at all. I think they are capable of having another 100+ PT season once they put everything together. They just accomplished this below last season. They can do some damage again this year.

2017–18 Boston Bruins
Division2nd Atlantic
Conference2nd Eastern
2017–18 record50–20–12
Home record28–8–5
Road record22–12–7
Goals for270
Goals against214
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Team leaders
GoalsDavid Pastrnak (35)
AssistsBrad Marchand (51)
PointsBrad Marchand (85)
Penalties in minutesKevan Miller (70)
Plus/minusBrad Marchand (+25)
WinsTuukka Rask (34)
Goals against averageTuukka Rask (2.36)
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Imagine if any of these people complaining actually put one cent into the team like you do buying season tickets. Forget it.

I would if I lived in the area- I would love the opportunity. But until I make my millions and can afford to fly up to Boston for 41 home games (plus do all the road games!). Not that I am complaining about the team- I love them, but it would be great to have the opportunity to see them more than once or twice a year (If I am willing to drive to Nashville, which is long but doable it is twice).

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I like Coyle, but is he that much of an upgrade over Heinen? If I am dealing any of the young NHL ready guys, I want a clear upgrade.

He's an upgrade right now. And considering he is just what the Bruins want (actual right shooting RW who plays with grit and has some skill) it seems like a good trade. But Coyle is already what he is going to be. We don't know about Heinen the finished product yet. Certainly would not be shocking if that trade were made.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
He's an upgrade right now. And considering he is just what the Bruins want (actual right shooting RW who plays with grit and has some skill) it seems like a good trade. But Coyle is already what he is going to be. We don't know about Heinen the finished product yet. Certainly would not be shocking if that trade were made.

I would be a little surprised. Coyle has some size, but he’s slow. Maybe that would work with Krejci?

Minnesota might prefer Bjork, who is more “local” than Heinen.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014

List of Top 9 right handed shots in Minnesota:

Charlie Coyle

Nino is probably a more realistic targets

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad