Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - A Frustrating Night in Vancouver - Canucks 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

EdwardSharpe

Apr 26, 2017
played like a rookie initially but found his game pretty sound after that.

I really felt the B`s deserved a bit better over the last two games, need to finish off their chances. Ugly looking record on the roadie thus far, doesn`t truly reflect how they have played but ya don`t get pts for trying or working hard.

Not seeing any of Heinen/Bjork/Debrusk or Bjork bringing what they need to bring consistently.

Carlo didn`t have his finest game in a Bruin jersey. Lot`s to work on

Interesting, I thought he had a really good game. Physical, sound defense, transitioned the puck best of any defensemen on the roster, couple of shots on goal and also the highest icetime of the defensemen. He's only getting better!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Interesting, I thought he had a really good game. Physical, sound defense, transitioned the puck best of any defensemen on the roster, couple of shots on goal and also the highest icetime of the defensemen. He's only getting better!
while I didn`t go into the detail of his game I agree with you, all I said was initially (his first shift or two) he made some rookie mistakes, then he settled in and played real sound

Reactions: EdwardSharpe

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Ya. This is cherry picking a stat for the feel good feelings.

I liked Debrusk game in general. But he’s the 2nd line winger because the other options aren’t any good. Nordstrom tried hard but shouldn’t be playing where he is. Krejci’s routine I’ve seen before and it’s honestly dull now. He’s a third liner at this point.

They are missing a true 2nd line in its entirety. That’s the issue right now. If those three were your third line they’d be slotted correctly.

And yes. Some health On the backend would be nice as well.

And for the love of the hockey gods buy a guy who will stand in front of the net and screen a goalie. It’s been an issue forever

Those guy have played ONLY 30 min toghter in 8 games, it's not cherry picking stat, it's seeing real potential, but to see what can happen, they NEED to play togheter more, not a couple shift here and there. Scoring is in the long run, the 4th line can play 5 min and score a goal, the 1st line can play 30 min without a goal, you can't look back at that small of a sample size. If the second line continue their 30 vs 7 look for the next 10 games, result will absolutly come. Too bad they can't even play a single full game togheter ...

HellFish89

Sep 28, 2018
Yeah I disagree.

He’s the only player on the team that some fans, for some reason, feel doesn’t need to be held accountable for his stat line.

I like the guy. Was his ultimate defender despite criticism during his prime years. But it’s pretty obvious his game has regressed. At this point, it feels like a certain contingent of fans are simply immersed in their defense of him and it really doesn’t matter what quantificable evidence comes up to contradict their feelings.

Could he have better stats with higher scoring wingers? Sure. So could every other center. When this argument is given year after year, it gets ridiculous. If he’s the great center still that so many say he is, he should be elevating his line mates. He’s the only star player I’ve ever seen whom apparently can pass the burden to his wingers to elevate his game.

I thought Krejci had two time more pts than the total of all the wingers who played with him this years? What kind of accountability he need for his stat line?

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
To be fair you didn't watch the game did you? The puck on the goal line couldn't have been closer.

What is the point of posting that bit of snark? I watched every minute of it. That was on the goal line but it wasn't because of Wagner's laser like shot, was it? But if you didn't get the point of it in the response you didn't. Have a great Sunday.

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Those guy have played ONLY 30 min toghter in 8 games, it's not cherry picking stat, it's seeing real potential, but to see what can happen, they NEED to play togheter more, not a couple shift here and there. Scoring is in the long run, the 4th line can play 5 min and score a goal, the 1st line can play 30 min without a goal, you can't look back at that small of a sample size. If the second line continue their 30 vs 7 look for the next 10 games, result will absolutly come. Too bad they can't even play a single full game togheter ...
Krejci and Debrusk played together last year when healthy no?

I won’t argue the RW spot on that line has been a mess. It’s a recurring theme for a while now.

I will argue their spot in the lineup. They’d be the best third line in hockey hands down.

My problem with all of this is they’re wasting another year of Bergeron on hopes and prayers. I don’t care who they ship out outside of the first line and McAvoy. Go find a 24-27 year old winger. Preferably two of them that can play on the 2nd line.

If Krejci can’t make it work then go find his replacement too. It’s piss time. Or get off the pot.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
So they go in and play Ottawa on Tuesday.
I think the young defensemen Lajoie, Chabot, Harpur and Jaros could give them problems.

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
I think the young defensemen Lajoie, Chabot, Harpur and Jaros could give them problems.

I don't know if you are serious or not because the Sens defense dosen't give anyone problems. The Sens lead the NHL I believe in most shots given up, Anderson has played very well but it won't be long before that team comes down to earth.

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX

Any team can give any team problems on a given night. That said, I am not particularly worried about Tuesday night in Ottawa. Those young D didn't give us too much trouble a couple weeks ago.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Brad is for sure way more good than bad.

B's are in trouble with the injuries ...yet again.....sigh.

No one wants to hear this but it sure would be nice to have Quaider . He would have played last night.

I posted this yesterday and will post it again. McQuaid at almost $3m as an 8/9 D is a luxury the B’s (and most NHL teams) cannot afford. They will likely end up using his $$$ to add a Top 6 F. In the short term, Kampfer and UV instead of McQ should be not be an issue.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
You think the nucks would take backes for loui ? I know I'm desperate . We need a spark badly . This is a one line team that again will be exposed come playoff time. Donny has failed.

Why would the B’s do that deal? Similar players at this point in their careers.

Backes at 2 years at $6m per (Cap), but $8m in real dollars.

Loui has 3 years at $6m per (Cap), but $13m in real dollars.

Reactions: BigGoalBrad

Tbrady12

Oct 19, 2018
What is the point of posting that bit of snark? I watched every minute of it. That was on the goal line but it wasn't because of Wagner's laser like shot, was it? But if you didn't get the point of it in the response you didn't. Have a great Sunday.

My point is that Wagner, Bjork and Nordstrom played well together. In the 3rd Wagner had 2 other point blank chances. So my point is belittling a guys effort without any reason to isn't necessary. You have a great Sunday too.

Reactions: Dr Hook

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
My point is that Wagner, Bjork and Nordstrom played well together. In the 3rd Wagner had 2 other point blank chances. So my point is belittling a guys effort without any reason to isn't necessary. You have a great Sunday too.

I am having a great one. I wasn't belittling the guy's effort- someone above was making Wagner's SOG numbers as reason to bash Krejci's play, as if the team would have been better off playing Wagner in Krejci's spot or something. So yeah, Wagner got 5 SOG's and that has jack all to do with David Krejci's effort or performance and value to the team and it was a stupid comparison to make. Sorry if you were offended by that, but it wasn't meant as a shot on Wagner. Wagner is good at what he does, but that is not as an offensive weapon.

Reactions: Tbrady12

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige
I thought especially in the third, that the Bruins outplayed the Nucks.

Bad and unlucky first goal and Bruins were really snakebitten in the third, all this while missing half the defence.

They surely miss R Nash, and i still beleive bottom 6 need help.

I liked the second line alot yesterday.

Up to the next. Don't forget an NHL season is a marathon.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I thought especially in the third, that the Bruins outplayed the Nucks.

Bad and unlucky first goal and Bruins were really snakebitten in the third, all this while missing half the defence.

Snakebitten against the Oil, too. Another time and it would have been four points in the bag.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The Vaakanainen kid for no rest impressed me.Disturbing part is he was drafted 2 years later then Zboril who is not here yet.

Why is that disturbing? Vaakanainen came to us having played at the pro level for 2 or 3 years already as an 18 year old. Zboril was a junior player. Completely different development cycles for them, and maybe Vaak is more naturally talented. He certainly seems to have a pretty complete already, Zboril appears a bit more "projecty"

Reactions: Saxon Eric

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Why is that disturbing? Vaakanainen came to us having played at the pro level for 2 or 3 years already as an 18 year old. Zboril was a junior player. Completely different development cycles for them, and maybe Vaak is more naturally talented. He certainly seems to have a pretty complete already, Zboril appears a bit more "projecty"

Look at a guy for Flames like Valimaki playing regular shift on backend and drafted in 2016.Zboril should be there by now so its disturbing that big pick is looking like a bust.Project?The kid was picked in 1st round 13th overall.Project picks should not be that high.I had season tickets in Q for years and watched him alot.Never liked the pick then hate it more now.Anyways Bruins have other concerns I was just saying how this kid blew past Zboril .

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad