Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - A Frustrating Night in Vancouver - Canucks 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-21_0-42-18.png

upload_2018-10-21_0-42-48.png

GAME SUMMARY

EVENT SUMMARY

PLAY BY PLAY

FACEOFF SUMMARY

FACEOFF COMPARISON

TOI BRUINS

:bruins:nucks

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
If you don't have enough skilled defensemen that can skate, play a f***ing forward. Carlo should never have seen the ice 3 on 3 and should never again. Personnel mismanagement at it's finest.

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Carlo was a bit of a mess that entire shift. Not his fault, just because he can skate doesn't make him a fit for OT.

I only turned it on for OT.

Reactions: Pia8988

Lord Ahriman

Oct 21, 2009
I will say it again: not looking good. We need a top 6 winger asap, but a healthy defense wouldn't be bad either.

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Be nice if we had a little puck luck this entire road trip, nothing went our way while we had like 5 softies scored on us.

This team is playing with 50% of it's defenseman injured so I guess what can you expect? I dunno, just angry right now lol

Reactions: lopey and maxbme

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Carlo in OT is questionable, though when you’ve got Marchand out there half the time not giving a f*** about his defensive assignment...I can understand why you try a stay-at-home guy there.

As others have mentioned, Anders Bjork should be out there. Jake DeBrusk also could be real, real good 3 on 3.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
cue the overreactions

all things considered I thought they were pretty good. They outplayed Vancouver for most of the game. 2nd line started to gel after Butch put them back together. Nordstrom/Wagner/Bjork was pretty good. Just take a deep breath people. They're missing half their top 6 D and in an offensive funk right now. They still look way better than last October. They're gonna be ok.

Reactions: lopey and sooshii

Marcobruin

Oct 30, 2016
I don't think boesner will be a star.
Anyhow believing that our first line will produce every game is ridiculous. Once again if the Bjork Heinen Jake don't produce....we will be in trouble.
One line albeit a good one won't cut it

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Kinda feel it for Carlo played very well until OT tho Marchy wasn’t innocent on the play.

Halak not overly worked but had a good game again other then the softy early I’m sure he’d like back.

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
People are actually blaming Marchand for that goal??

Carlo had more than enough time and space to handle that puck and make a play with it. He straight up bobbled it. And he blew a scoring chance earlier in the OT driving to the net.

That is straight up all on Carlo.

Disagree. This is on Butch. Put players in positions to succeed. Putting Carlo out there in 3 on 3 is not that.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Too bad about that first goal. Halak otherwise played a stellar game. I cannot believe the Bs only managed to get one goal against flippin Vancouver. Bs outplayed them in regulation other than not managing to score anything other than the Nordstrom goal.

Carlo played a great game. I'm still not blaming him for the OT goal. Marchand was ass out there. Not to mention Carlo should never see the ice in OT to begin with. Not sure what Cassidy is smoking when it comes to OT. Urho did well for his first game. Overall the D as a whole played well all things considered.

Reactions: maxbme and Emerz

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,217.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 2