Post-Game Talk: GAME 8 - A Frustrating Night in Vancouver - Canucks 2 BRUINS 1 F/OT

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If anyone needs a better example of why Krejci is more drag than sail on this team then you need to watch that game again last night. To say we have nothing better neglects the talent in Providence, be it raw, it still would be an upgrade over that tired and worthless effort we got from him last night. Lost every puck battle on the boards. Trailed the play by great lengths after the lost possession, and couldn't sustain puck possession in the offensive zone or keep up with his wingers. This league is all about speed and Krejci is all about puck watching and waiting.

Totally played on his ass. I've seen enough of this for the last 4 seasons. Don't talk to me about points. Anyone out there is going to get points as a center on a line with talented wingers. It's time for the long pants Sweeney and Cassidy and sit him. Plug in some of the younger talented centers you have stocked in Providence.

Time to call up Colby Cave
This is what Krejci has become in a nut shell.
He hangs on too the pck way to long and is often forced into turning the puck over and most of the time doesn't show the hustle /desire to get back on defense. Last night he had 4-5 unforced turn-overs and at times throughout the season he'll have Debrusk wide open in a better position to advance the puck or keep the attack going and he refuses to give it up.

Krejci too me hasn't been the same playr since he got hurt in the Ottawa series. He's still a good player but the Bruins need in up-grade at center or they just might find themselves fighting for a playoff spot.

Night in and Night out you cant tell the Bergy line, well its up to you guys again. They need some help and it looks to be pretty apparent it isn't coming from within.

Last edited:
Reactions: Strafer

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Bruins 4-2-2, 2nd place in Atlantic, two pts back of the TOR juggernaut with a game in hand.

Last year through October, 4-3-3.

Deep breaths people.
Bruins were definitely the better team last night Especially in the second and third ,a couple post and cross bars.Now do they need a another top six forward,yes that’s pretty obvious,I think we all have been saying that for a while now,also need to develop a young centre men ,and the sooner the better.

Reactions: Strafer and Agent86

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
re-watched clip of Tie Domi sucker-punching '___' and it made me feel better. Just wish Cam would've done that exact same thing back in the day.

Frustrating road trip through this neck of the woods. They didn't play bad per-se - just not as well as I expected.
Neither Marchand nor Pastrnak have looked all that great the past couple games. Just kinda sloppy at times. But that might have more to do with my unreal expectations - and of how much the team relies on them.

Reactions: TCB

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
It is very early in the season. There are too many injuries already. Changes will happen and we will be players back.

There is always hope.

The team will be fine. Not hope. It's a good team.

Just mentioned - it was a frustrating couple games but they honestly never looked bad - they just never looked great. Bruins carried most of the play through all three games and the rest of the forwards have started to look better. Isn't the worst thing for the top line to not dominate for a couple games early in the season as the other 9 forwards need to learn to pick up the slack.

Never read the game threads and stuff - and might go against the grain - but I'm liking Krejci's game. He's adjusting to having to be the driver of his line and not just letting his wingers do the dirty work and setting them up. Give the second line a few more games and I think we'll all be really happy with them.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Brad is for sure way more good than bad.

B's are in trouble with the injuries ...yet again.....sigh.

No one wants to hear this but it sure would be nice to have Quaider . He would have played last night.
I was a big fan of Quaider but he is not any better or as good as any dman in the lineup last night for the Bs, and keep in mind they were short 50% of their starting d. He has been a healthy scratch for the Rags the last 3-4 games.

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
You think the nucks would take backes for loui ? I know I'm desperate . We need a spark badly . This is a one line team that again will be exposed come playoff time. Donny has failed.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I was a big fan of Quaider but he is not any better or as good as any dman in the lineup last night for the Bs, and keep in mind they were short 50% of their starting d. He has been a healthy scratch for the Rags the last 3-4 games.
I think he would have played last night if he were still on this team. I get why they traded him I just don't really like it.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I hate this opening schedule so much. Must be the softest opening schedule in the league. Ideally you’d like to build a cushion with weak opposition but first 10 games are a write off until players/goalies/lines really settle in. Games are an absolute crapshoot. Sens and Habs are playoff teams and the Caps are a lottery team right now.

However these are points/teams they’d like to have later when they pay for the soft schedule and its tough games every night.

Funny how no matter what the schedule is each season, it sucks for our poor Bruins.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I wanted to plan a trip to western Canada with my wife this year and catch the Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver games. She had a singing commitment and couldn’t break it.

Thank God for her beautiful voice. <3

Reactions: BMC

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I wanted to plan a trip to western Canada with my wife this year and catch the Calgary, Edmonton, and Vancouver games. She had a singing commitment and couldn’t break it.

Thank God for her beautiful voice. <3
My daughter and I wanted to do this trip too. Maybe next season.

Reactions: rfournier103

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
It is very early in the season. There are too many injuries already. Changes will happen and we will get injured players back.

There is always hope.
I think they are a playoffs team for sure,now can they go far in the playoffs is a different story,I think there lack of secondary scoring from other lines is definitely a huge issue,when you look at the Cup team the Bruins had three lines that could score,actually even the forth could.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
If anyone needs a better example of why Krejci is more drag than sail on this team then you need to watch that game again last night. To say we have nothing better neglects the talent in Providence, be it raw, it still would be an upgrade over that tired and worthless effort we got from him last night. Lost every puck battle on the boards. Trailed the play by great lengths after the lost possession, and couldn't sustain puck possession in the offensive zone or keep up with his wingers. This league is all about speed and Krejci is all about puck watching and waiting.

Totally played on his ass. I've seen enough of this for the last 4 seasons. Don't talk to me about points. Anyone out there is going to get points as a center on a line with talented wingers. It's time for the long pants Sweeney and Cassidy and sit him. Plug in some of the younger talented centers you have stocked in Providence.

Time to call up Colby Cave
LMFAO call up Cave to replace Krejci, yup that should fix the problem. Just my opinion but if we expect Krejci to start producing points maybe he should be given a right winger that can score. Have the Krejci haters not look at Krejci’s situation, he gets kids to play his wings, now DeBrusk has proven he belongs but the other side has been a black hole. Then you have Bergeron, whom I truly love as a player, who has Marchand and Pasta, consistently as his wingers, lucky guy. Not panicking yet, lots of games to go and Sweeney will sort it out, he has had enough time to see something solid needs to be done to help Krejci out.

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
LMFAO call up Cave to replace Krejci, yup that should fix the problem. Just my opinion but if we expect Krejci to start producing points maybe he should be given a right winger that can score. Have the Krejci haters not look at Krejci’s situation, he gets kids to play his wings, now DeBrusk has proven he belongs but the other side has been a black hole. Then you have Bergeron, whom I truly love as a player, who has Marchand and Pasta, consistently as his wingers, lucky guy. Not panicking yet, lots of games to go and Sweeney will sort it out, he has had enough time to see something solid needs to be done to help Krejci out.

Or a right winger that actually is a right winger.

Last edited:
Reactions: BBB24

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
We always stink on our Western Canadian road trips, regardless of the other team's quality...at least for the past 5 or 6 years. We looked awful in OT, specifically because of all the 3v3 open ice, IMO. Good news, everyone: there's no 3v3 in playoffs. Our record for this part of the road trip is 0-1-2...which is exactly the same number of points you get if you go 1-2-0. Expecting to go over 0.500 in a road trip is a good goal, but statistically unlikely; that's why it's called home ice advantage.

Also, individually, we didn't look like crap in the last two games. I wasn't pleased with the Flames "effort", but if Friday and Saturday's games were really the worst Bruins hockey you've ever seen, then...buckle up.

I'm way more concerned with when Krug, Backes, and McAvoy coming back.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
How Vaakanainen played?

played like a rookie initially but found his game pretty sound after that.

I really felt the B`s deserved a bit better over the last two games, need to finish off their chances. Ugly looking record on the roadie thus far, doesn`t truly reflect how they have played but ya don`t get pts for trying or working hard.

Not seeing any of Heinen/Bjork/Debrusk or Bjork bringing what they need to bring consistently.

Carlo didn`t have his finest game in a Bruin jersey. Lot`s to work on

Reactions: FinPanda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad