Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - MTL @ NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

red devil

Oct 14, 2004
To be honest, I'm not sure if it's a league rule. I doubt it is because when I attended a fan practice of the Habs, I saw a member of the Leafs organization there. I don't think it's off limits but I am not 100% sure.

As for this series, Therrien said that the Habs and Rangers organizations had a mutual agreement.

@PLeonardNYDN
Rangers say Bergevin & Sather spoke after practice and Bergevin admitted he had never communicated such an agreement to Rangers

According to this reporter there was no agreement in place, so it seems like Therrien didn't know

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 6m
#canadiens Michel Therrien in french:"we expect Derick Brassard to play and we know exactly where he's injured. Hockey is a small world."

That's the MT that I like. GAME ON.

also added (translated) : "we're gonna have to make sure to play him hard"

Tennis guy and Baseball dude are gonna be mad when they hear this. :laugh:

Last edited:

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
@PLeonardNYDN
Rangers say Bergevin & Sather spoke after practice and Bergevin admitted he had never communicated such an agreement to Rangers

According to this reporter there was no agreement in place, so it seems like Therrien didn't know

I think it's unspoken anyway.

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
I like this big Vanek - Eller - Bourque line, though I wouldn't mind Gallagher and Bourque switching places, Bourque on DD's RW in an Erik Cole role

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
Vanek-Eller and Bourque didn't look good the three shifts they were together in game 3. Both Wingers couldn't win a board battle to get the puck out of the zone and were way to passive when defending. They got stuck in their own end all three shifts.

Hopefully they can work things out because it might be a good line.

overlords

#DefundCBC
Aug 16, 2008
The City
Vanek-Eller and Bourque didn't look good the three shifts they were together in game 3. Both Wingers couldn't win a board battle to get the puck out of the zone and were way to passive when defending. They got stuck in their own end all three shifts.

Hopefully they can work things out because it might be a good line.

Yeah that line can't be trusted as much as it was when gionta was on it.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Dumb comment from Therrien about Brassard.

If he somehow gets hurt, which is likely since he's probably not 100%, then you have some evidence of premeditation.

Then again, maybe Therrien did that, and some other antics, in order to divert the attention towards him and keeping his guys focused on the game.

But the Brassard comment is just dumb.

Habs10Habs

Retired
Sponsor
Aug 22, 2006
I wonder if Bruins fans realize they're cheering for Ulf when they pull for the rangers.

I'm pondering creating a thread on their board : "If you pull for the rangers to beat Montreal you're an Ulf lover"

Lol 30 seconds later you'd be banned from their board for life.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Dumb comment from Therrien about Brassard.

If he somehow gets hurt, which is likely since he's probably not 100%, then you have some evidence of premeditation.

Then again, maybe Therrien did that, and some other antics, in order to divert the attention towards him and keeping his guys focused on the game.

But the Brassard comment is just dumb.

Nothing wrong with Brassard being hit on the shoulder cleanly and re-injuring himself. It's NHL hockey, if you're not ready to take a clean hit, gtfo.

That said, I also happen to think it wasn't a smart thing to say but for different reasons. If I'm AV, I pick this up and make a big deal out of it and rally my players around it.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

Hahaha that is awesome. Therrien seems to be in gamer mode the last few days, particularly today. Some fiery quotes too. I'm 50/50 on the brassard quote. No need to make it, but seems passionate. It's the playoffs. Hitting an injured guy where he's hurt is fair game. That's where "lower body/upper body" came from.

From the caption on that video:
"...Il les METS dehors." (He sends them out)... I wonder if Mets and Isles fans are an overlapping group (who hate the Yankees and rangers.) It's late where I am and I can't sleep...

What's with the bag btw?

Interesting Eller line, I hope they can figure it out. Lots if potential if Vanek pulls his weight. Imagine if he just came alive for the rest of this series. He could beat lundqvist more often than not when on.

I hope PK's comment means more from him. Last time he said that he made good.

Gionta with one goal in 14 games, same with DD. These guys have to step up

That guy is soooo due for a big goal, especially against the rangers. If somehow he scores the SWG, rangers fans will die. I'll just take a big goal or (who am I kidding) A goal from him.

Last edited:

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal
Anyone want to work for me tomorrow? 1500-2300, pays well I guarantee plus I get to watch the game! :)

Poochie_D

Oct 31, 2004
Montreal, Quebec
Lines i'd go with:

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallager
Bournival-Plekanec-Galchenyuk
Bourque-Eller-Gionta
Vanek-Briere-Weise

Bournivals speed would help pleks and chucky big time. He goes in to retrive the puck and once they get a cycle going that line can do some damage. Galchenyuk's speed is really concerning to me. That'll be a factor on whether he'll be a good or great player.

I'd also flip Bournival and Vanek for the PP.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Dr. Gally :)

Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn 4m

New Dr Recchi? “@ArponBasu: Gallagher not surprised if Stepan played: "He got up and yelling, so I don't think jaw was hurting too much."â€

This comparison is so dumb considering pacioretty laid motionless, unconscious, and had to be removed on a stretcher. Stepan came back and played the rest of the game.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Why are we the only fanbase that complains about 6th Ds and 4th liners?

Last time I checked there are 19 players on a team so why wouldn't we? In a tight series every player counts. Habs aren't a team with a big first line leading the charge, they are team that scores by committee and for most of the playoffs our bottom six have been better than our top six which is strange to say considering we've gotten this far.

Also there is a huge drop off in talent the further you go on the defensive depth chart and Murray and Bouillon have been directly responsible for a few losses. If you watched the games, Habs already have trouble leaving our zone so a guy like Murray would just give NY a free pass to play in our zone for the entire shift. So yeah I'd say our 6th D is important wouldn't you?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad