Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - MTL @ NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

HabsRockBruinsChoke

Jul 30, 2013
I remember Beaulieu making one distinct mistake in game 3... I think that's what made Therrien put in Boui instead.

I love how we have so many extra players this year. Suspensions, injuries, and scratches are no problem to replace.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
what team will we see? in game 3 montreal out shot 41-30 but lost then in game 4 got outshot 37-25 and won.

What team?

A team that hasn't played a perfect game since 6 & 7 of the Bruins series.

They will fight.

Hopefully Bourque & Vanek are very motivated.

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
I mostly stayed away from the main boards during the Bruins series as I expected it to be a ****show. Can someone tell me how it (during that series) compares to what's going on there now? The Rangers fans appear to have a high number of fans who rival the Sens and Bruins fans in ridiculousness.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
I mostly stayed away from the main boards during the Bruins series as I expected it to be a ****show. Can someone tell me how it (during that series) compares to what's going on there now? The Rangers fans appear to have a high number of fans who rival the Sens and Bruins fans in ridiculousness.

Well, you've got two options there.

We win: we're a bunch of gutless cowards that win by injuring players from the other team.

We lose: bunch of harmless smurfs that can't man up in the playoffs.

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal

You really think the Habs fans on these boards don't take the cake in ridiculousness?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
You really think the Habs fans on these boards don't take the cake in ridiculousness?

Come on, a good part of the Rangers fanbase is defending Carcillo. That has to be up there in the department of ridiculous arguments.

If a Habs do that, no way we defend it as much as they are.

Of course we have our fair share of dumb fans, but you're being victim of the anti-Habs double standard that is simply rampant on the main board.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Francois Gagnon has a hard on for any player that speaks french. The night before the third game he was wondering if Cedrick Desjardins wouldn't have been a better option than Tokarski (we traded Desjardins for Tokarski).

Also he is a Senators fan, he was always taunting the habs fans when he was writing in La Presse. He's a POS.

Marc Denis and Pierre Houde also called for Bouillon....

:shakehead

Shadow Journal

Non, je ne regrette rien
Jun 20, 2003
Well, you've got two options there.

We win: we're a bunch of gutless cowards that win by injuring players from the other team.

We lose: bunch of harmless smurfs that can't man up in the playoffs.

Yeah, that sounds about right

Hm, maybe. I guess from my perspective it seems like a lot of the ridiculousness from our side feels like pushback for the steady stream of vitriol spewed in our direction. A lot of that is just poorly disguised French hating in my opinion, but I could be (and often am) wrong.

Bill McNeal

Jul 19, 2003
Montreal

Rangers fans are just Sens fans who cheer for a team with a longer (yet equally unimpressive) history.

HeShootsHeScores

Mar 17, 2009
Here's my positive take on this series.

Game 1 : Rangers were on a bubble that started towards the second half of their series vs the pens. This was their second breath. They were driven by a surreal dose of emotion, in support to mourning teammate. They started the series against the habs still on that emotional drive. Meanwhile, the habs were playing intense hockey vs their rivals. They fought hard and won. Of course, just like us the fans, they wouldn't get off that cloud 9 because this win vs the bruins tasted so good. So we started the series completly off guard. Rangers beat the crap out of us. Them on their peak, habs at their bottom.

Game 2, facing adversity : just as the team realizes their is still hockey to play to make it to the stanley cup, they learn that Price is out. They play with urgency, helping them controling the play most of the game. Unfortunately, bounces and opportunities went the Rangers way. Rangers win a game they didn't really deserve.

Game 3 phase 1, time to give up? : There is a goalie waiting for his moment to shine called Dustin Tokarski. This guy is ready to play. He was good but not great in his first game, but now he knows it's time to get the focus back. This guy has something to prove. Too bad for him, his teammates don't trust him that much and they are having trouble playing with confidence. The team, besides the goalie, is starting game 3 like they are giving up. Rangers are so dominant it's not even funny.

Game 3, phase 2 : wait a minute! But Tokarski is on a mission. He is really great. The rangers are having a tough time scoring. The habs are surviving and slowly realizing there's still hope. Habs get better by the minute and the Rangers are running out of gaz. Because of their goalie, habs are playing again like it's not time to give up yet. They manage to win this game and thanks to Brandon Prust, this team has emotions again. No more Boston, there is a Rangers team to get rid of.

Game 4 : Losing a home game in a series that so far looked out of reach for the opposition surely gets the Rangers to doubt. They just lost their first playoff game after four consecutive wins and the emotions that were there a few days back are fading. The habs are back in this series and they can play with confidence as they know their goalie will do everything to help the team. If the habs win this game, it's a best out of 3 with home ice advantage. Can the Rangers show their teeth like they did last game? Are the habs best hockey yet to come, as we know they need some adversity to keep them rolling?

My prediction for game 4 : The rangers start strong but they just can't carry the same momentum than in game 3. Habs take the control back and wins the game.

The way I see things, Rangers are gonna need a perfect Lundqvist night after night, otherwise we witness a first habs SC final since 1993.

Last edited:

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Pulled this off the Rangers board.

MTL_NY.png

coolasprICE

Mar 7, 2008
Montreal
Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 6m
#canadiens Michel Therrien in french:"we expect Derick Brassard to play and we know exactly where he's injured. Hockey is a small world."

That's the MT that I like. GAME ON.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Got no issue with playing Bouillon. Nathan is the future but right now Francis and his ability to play 12-15 minutes will be huge!

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger 10 min
Stepan had a plate inserted to stabilize fractured jaw. Still unclear as to whether or not he will be able to play. #toughdude

Stefan sucks. Got hurt yapping at the ref.

Renaud Lavoie ‏@renlavoietva 36 min
Chris Kreider not at practice. Same for Derek Stepan (jaw) #rangers #tvasports

I didn't appreciate your post. I hope the other 19,803 weren't similar to it.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
While I'm not in favor of scratching beaulieu for cube, he does seem to have a tendancy of having his best performances after a long layoff... Or at least that is my perception

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Pulled this off the Rangers board.

MTL_NY.png

There is a notorious ranger fanboy out there who was so mad when gionta scored the ot winner against his beloved team, that he called the entire fan base the most annoying, and declared that the team is nothing aside from price. He went on to the Tampa board and to put it nicely, he wanted the habs swept.

I thought of him after game 3.. must have had a mental breakdown to see that the team won without price.

I still expect the rangers to win, but I'm hoping for this great story of tokarski to continue. He doesn't need to be Roy, or Dryden, but rather Steve Penney or Jose Theodore.... A guy who can win a series, and then hope price will be ready.

TimStrickland

Jul 30, 2011
hfboards.hockeysfuture.com
There is a notorious ranger fanboy out there who was so mad when gionta scored the of winner against his beloved team, that he called the entire fan base the most annoying, and declared that the team is nothing aside from price. He went on to the Tampa board and to put it nicely, he wanted the habs swept.

I thought of him after game 3.. must have had a mental breakdown to see that the team won without price.

I still expect the rangers to win, but I'm hoping for this great story of tokarski to continue. He doesn't need to be Roy, or Dryden, but rather Steve Penney or Jose Theodore.... A guy who can win a series, and then hope price will be ready.

SnowblindNYR:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad