Pre-Game Talk: Game 4 - MTL @ NYR

Status
Not open for further replies.

SakuSauce

Drive for 25
Dec 2, 2006
Montréal
Last time I checked there are 19 players on a team so why wouldn't we? In a tight series every player counts. Habs aren't a team with a big first line leading the charge, they are team that scores by committee and for most of the playoffs our bottom six have been better than our top six which is strange to say considering we've gotten this far.

Also there is a huge drop off in talent the further you go on the defensive depth chart and Murray and Bouillon have been directly responsible for a few losses. If you watched the games, Habs already have trouble leaving our zone so a guy like Murray would just give NY a free pass to play in our zone for the entire shift. So yeah I'd say our 6th D is important wouldn't you?

So having Bouillon instead of Beaulieu will make us lose game 4? Last time I checked, Beaulieu played 8:53 in game 3. I'm not saying Bouillon is better then Beaulieu or anything (and I'm not a Bouillon fan). But having Bouillon play a good 12-14min will help the other Ds. When Bouillon plays 18-20min, that's when he gets exposed. Don't you think?

teh doors

ice hockey fan
Nov 15, 2010
During the Bruins series I saw a mattress being thrown out on the side of the road with Habs and Rangers logos on it. I took it as a sign that Montreal and New York would win their series.

I just saw something that has topped that. The Habs are winning this series.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
So having Bouillon instead of Beaulieu will make us lose game 4? Last time I checked, Beaulieu played 8:53 in game 3. I'm not saying Bouillon is better then Beaulieu or anything (and I'm not a Bouillon fan). But having Bouillon play a good 12-14min will help the other Ds. When Bouillon plays 18-20min, that's when he gets exposed. Don't you think?

Agreed. Right now Bouillon would probably be an asset, mostly because he's better in his own zone than Beaulieu and therefor can play more minutes to lessen the load on Markov and Subban.

Beaulieu is gonna be a gem, and he's already good. I'm a huge fan, but I'm not against taking him out of the line up at this stage of the game. He'll be a main stray come October.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008

Meh more minutes for Bouillon just means less minutes for Subban don't you think? See two can play at this game. :sarcasm:

Bouillon played 9 minutes his last game vs Boston and Beaulieu played 12 minutes game 2 vs Rags. He is in his Prime so he is capable of playing more. He is also the teams fastest player playing against one of the fastest teams in the league. He is better than Bouillon and his speed will be needed. Therrien shortened his bench late last game opting to go with more proven vets which would explain Beau's reduced icetime. I also heard that Beaulieu made a mistake last game. I would like to hear what happened.

Therrien is still undecided whether he wants to play a physical game or a speed game. With both Beaulieu and Bournival in he will be missing that physical presense. That's why he's undecided.

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston

Maybe Therrien wants to go with Boullion since MSL is un gars de chez nous and kills us. Boullion is un gars de chez eux.:sarcasm:

BTW, Comic Sans "MS"

Montréal Canadiens :amazed:

99GoHabsGo99

MontrealCanadiens200
Oct 6, 2009
Charlottetown,PE
www.youtube.com

Maybe Therrien wants to go with Boullion since MSL is un gars de chez nous and kills us. Boullion is un gars de chez eux.:sarcasm:

BTW, Comic Sans "MS"

Montréal Canadiens :amazed:

BY0Wu4QCcAEuvDO.jpg

It all adds up :amazed:

PricePkPatch*

So, what's this thing I heard about the skirmish between Ranger org and Canadien's? Something about attending the practice?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Francois Gagnon ‏@GagnonFrancois 34s
Bouillon s'entraîne en compagnie de Weaver au MSG. Retour dans la formation demain à la place de Beaulieu? Je l'espère bien! #CH #Rangers

WHAT A ****ING CLOWN THIS FRANCOIS.... everywhere faceplam

So embarrassing for him.
More embarrassing for Therrien if it's true.
I don't see the big deal. Beaulieu hardly plays.
So play a worse blueliner for those minutes?
Experience counts.
Then go get Larry Robinson and dress him instead...
Pulled this off the Rangers board.

MTL_NY.png
Don't see how folks here can't find this at least a little bit funny.
Got no issue with playing Bouillon. Nathan is the future but right now Francis and his ability to play 12-15 minutes will be huge!
12-15 minutes of Cube will be huge. I'm sure the Rangers are thrilled about it.
Dr. Gally :)

Ray Ferraro ‏@rayferrarotsn 4m

New Dr Recchi? “@ArponBasu: Gallagher not surprised if Stepan played: "He got up and yelling, so I don't think jaw was hurting too much."”
Not cool. Hated it when Recchi said crap like this, we shouldn't be saying it either. Busted jaw... shut up about it. Not the least bit funny.
Once again, we are being held back by coaching.
The move sure as hell doesn't make any ****ing sense.

Lets just hope Cube has a good game.
And I like Bouillon as a one game gamble. He is well rested.

Bring back Beau next game when we have last change.
Beaulieu is well rested too.

And I don't get why you'd play the inferior defenseman when we don't have last change...
Why are we the only fanbase that complains about 6th Ds and 4th liners?
Because we've got a coach playing clearly inferior players in those roles.
I don't see how it helps us win. We can hope for a great game from Cube, but this really doesn't make sense.
Agreed. Right now Bouillon would probably be an asset, mostly because he's better in his own zone than Beaulieu and therefor can play more minutes to lessen the load on Markov and Subban.

Beaulieu is gonna be a gem, and he's already good. I'm a huge fan, but I'm not against taking him out of the line up at this stage of the game. He'll be a main stray come October.
I certainly don't agree with this... How many pucks go off this guy on missed blocks? Sorry but I don't know how you come to that conclusion. Beaulieu may be a rookie, it is a risk to play him but he's infinitely better than Cube is.

dreamingofdrouin*

So, what's this thing I heard about the skirmish between Ranger org and Canadien's? Something about attending the practice?

the rangers had a couple assistants or scouts at the habs practice...therrien came over..opened the gate and cursed them upside down

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
At first my reaction to the possibility of having Bouillon back...meh, I don't care, it's not like Beaulieu is lightinh it up, but then I recall the Boston series... ffs, do not play that idiot who's great at screening the goalie and deflecting pucks into his net !

Hoople

Mar 7, 2011
Last time I checked there are 19 players on a team so why wouldn't we? In a tight series every player counts. Habs aren't a team with a big first line leading the charge, they are team that scores by committee and for most of the playoffs our bottom six have been better than our top six which is strange to say considering we've gotten this far.

Also there is a huge drop off in talent the further you go on the defensive depth chart and Murray and Bouillon have been directly responsible for a few losses. If you watched the games, Habs already have trouble leaving our zone so a guy like Murray would just give NY a free pass to play in our zone for the entire shift. So yeah I'd say our 6th D is important wouldn't you?

My question to you.

In this series, neither Bouillon nor Murray have played a single game.

Did you notice that the Habs have had a lot of trouble exiting the zone and have resorted to multiple icings?

And that is happening with our 1st and 2nd DMan pairings.

Again, Murray and Bouillon nowhere to be found on the bench or the ice. That excuse was nothing more than a fanboy meme that is repeated so often that it becomes fanboy truth.

I don't like Bouillon coming back in.

Swept the Bolts in 4 with Bouillon in.

gusfring

Jul 4, 2006
Long standing unwritten agreement that no one attends opposing practices on non game days.

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
My question to you.

In this series, neither Bouillon nor Murray have played a single game.

Did you notice that the Habs have had a lot of trouble exiting the zone and have resorted to multiple icings?

And that is happening with our 1st and 2nd DMan pairings.

Again, Murray and Bouillon nowhere to be found on the bench or the ice. That excuse was nothing more than a fanboy meme that is repeated so often that it becomes fanboy truth.

Swept the Bolts in 4 with Bouillon in.

Listen, I think I'm the BIGGEST NB fan on this board, but I'm OK if they put Bouillon in with Weaver for game 4. NB played what, 9 minutes last game? Bouillon can do 10-12 without worrying about it, it's when he does more that it becomes a concern. If he can play an extra 2-4 minutes that NB isn't playing, that takes a little bit off Subban. Subban is struggling BIG TIME. A few less minutes might be a big help.

Either way, I'm not concerned. I know Bouillon gets crapped on a lot, but he's experienced enough that if we can keep him to <12 minutes he can be an asset.

Comic Sans :nod:

Last edited:

habtastic

Aug 17, 2007
Montrealer in Boston
Thing about the icings is that they are completely unprovoked. Not even under pressure, just terrible decisions. Every single period except OT last game, the DD line iced the puck on the first shift. We keep trying this Cherry style puck of the glass thing that every team, including boston figured out how to counter -- i.e., by covering the points. This has led to soooo many chances against and minutes spent in our end.

When we play our game, we have players supporting a breakout rush with good, crisp passes. If we could get that going again, half our problems are solved. Bourque-Eller-Gio were the best at that quite frankly, but obviously involves the D first.

Still wish Chucky was with Eller, since Vanek and Pleks are not playing well. If Pleks can raise his game, then maybe it'll pay off, like in OT (still a fluke). I have given up on Vanek. Outside chance Gionta has a great game. He realizes how important this is, despite being awful this series thus far.

Who would you want on a 2 on 1 with Pleks: Stephen or Brian (Gio)?

Also, (important) is there a way to chose a default font (without having to go advanced all the time)? We need a win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad