Game #3 : KINGS vs. RANGERS - 10/7/13 - A Loss Best to Forget

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Last season we had the lowest scoring 3rd line in the NHL, and got the least about of points from the left wing position in the NHL, Through three games:

3rd line= 0 points, a combined -4
Left Wing= 2 points (both from Frattin, who is a forward worst -4)

With the line-up we are currently icing, we are screwed if either of the top lines are struggling because we are then basically icing three offensively inept lines.

Last edited:

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
When I heard DL say that he was surprised to get calls after last season for Kopitar...it may have been a good time to move him - since the return might have been outstanding.

If you watch footage of Kopitar from 2 years ago and going back to even his first season, he is about 60% of what he was. I recall being marveled at how he made things happen EVERY shift. Now he makes something happen about 2-3 times a game. It is probably a myriad of things - teams key on him, his knee may have slowed him down...whatever. I am just saying when you look at his footage 2 years ago and back, he is not close to what he was. Period. I have my Kopitar jersey and still love him and not a Kopitar detractor. He's still a top player, but not what he was, which was a dominant #1 center.

I mean, 0 PP goals last year??

Why dont you move yourself

TopT

Jan 7, 2009
Georgetown, Caymans
Nope, Kopitar is to blame now if you ask me, The Coaching staff excuse is done.

You can't tell me two different coaching staffs want him there, or want him to be a perimeter player, when the team struggles to score.

IT"S NO LONGER AN EXCUSE ITS NOT.

It's Kopitar. It's HIM.

It's unacceptable, The guy makes 7 million Dollars. Almost More than the bottom Six COMBINED.

It's Unacceptable

if Kopitar needs to start cheating, then he has to start doing it. Cause this team needs him to score at a PPG pace LOCK STOP AND BARREL.

No exceptions.

There is no excuse anymore for Kopitar not to create on a shift by shift basis.

I am done giving him passes, it's over....

passes for WHAT ?
he s been just fine, he is playing OK

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
After the 1st period I predicted a 3-1 loss. . Why did I predict such a thing.

After watching the Quick goal from 180 feet I stopped watching and went to bed hoping when I woke up we would win but I guess not.

Our record shows 1-2 but in all honestly I feel that we should be 0-3. Horrible start to the season. It's time Sutter puts in Car bomb or A Mart or even start Scrievens. We need a change.

Did I miss anything special after the goal btw?

KingsFan7824

Dec 4, 2003
Visit site
Before the game, if you had read the Rangers board, a lot of them were sure the Kings would win. Now, a lot of fans here are sure the Kings will lose to Ottawa. It's like Denzel Washington in Fallen. The dejection goes from fan base to fan base depending on who wins and loses.

AKAY47

Bring back Dean Lombardi!!!
Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
It pisses me off that a guy like Dwight King will get time on the first line but Tyler Toffoli won't. How much more does the kid have to prove that he's the real deal? I thought Lombardi/Sutter were clear that they wanted to give him a shot at LW, yet they acquire one in the Bernier deal? What kind of message does that send to our young group of guys. The kid is a stud, a game changer and he's being wasted on our farm team. He's paid his dues, time for the call up.

#FreeMartinez #FreeToffoli

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
Oh, and please win tomorrow. We play those damn Sens and I won't hear the end of it if Ottawa wins.

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I know it'll never happen, but if Sutter wants to send a message, he should sit Doughty or Voynov for a game. Honestly, I've never seen Voynov look like a lost puppy out there like that.

The Kings need to learn how to deal with a forecheck. The Rangers aren't going to let you waltz out of your zone. The Kings won the Cup with a strong forecheck. Now that's gone and they don't even know how to get out of their own zone.

AKAY47

Feb 27, 2009
Ottawa
I know it's still early in the season but we have to maybe start getting a little bit worried about our bottom six. King-Stoll-Lewis; Clifford-Fraser-Nolan haven't done anything thus far and I don't remember the last time one of those guys scored a goal. Someone mentioned that Stoll hasn't scored in the last 31 games, that's absolutely ridiculous. How can your 3rd line center not score ONE goal in 31 games?

takk

Feb 19, 2013
Warszawa
It seems like when Kings gave away a sh goal, it's because Quick did something maniacal. Getzlaf, Steen and now this.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I know it'll never happen, but if Sutter wants to send a message, he should sit Doughty or Voynov for a game. Honestly, I've never seen Voynov look like a lost puppy out there like that.

The Kings need to learn how to deal with a forecheck. The Rangers aren't going to let you waltz out of your zone. The Kings won the Cup with a strong forecheck. Now that's gone and they don't even know how to get out of their own zone.

When the Kings are on their game their breakouts are among the best in the NHL. Players have to pay the price along the wall and move the puck quicker to make that happen.

All of the defensemen looked a beat or two slow to me in making decisions last night.

I liked Sutter's interview after the game though when he was asked if it was a team problem and he said no. Basically saying that Doughty and Muzzin can't give away the puck to Nash and Quick is paid to stop the puck. He laid it right at the feet of those three guys.

However, I do think the failure to get to the net is a bigger problem and Williams correctly pointed out that his line isn't getting there often enough.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
I know it's still early in the season but we have to maybe start getting a little bit worried about our bottom six. King-Stoll-Lewis; Clifford-Fraser-Nolan haven't done anything thus far and I don't remember the last time one of those guys scored a goal. Someone mentioned that Stoll hasn't scored in the last 31 games, that's absolutely ridiculous. How can your 3rd line center not score ONE goal in 31 games?

They haven't been on the score sheet, but Clifford was fine last night and Lewis had a good game as well. Once again it comes down to Kopitar and his line. If Kopitar plays on the perimeter the Kings offense is stagnant.

onlyalad

The bounce
Jan 13, 2008
Well that sucked.
Fire the coaches
Fire the GM
Trade everyone
Return the Season Ticket Holders money and dont let any of them back in the building

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
The Richards-Carter combo is showing up the Kopitar-Brown combo.

By the way, where the hell has Frattin been?

I knew we might have an issue when all we did was replace Penner with Frattin and essentially Scuderi with Regehr. Is that enough to beat Chicago?

lumbergh

It was an idea. I didn't say it was a good idea.
Jan 8, 2007
Richmond, VA
I know +/- is not perfect, but check this out.

Jake Muzzin trails only Eric Fehr (WAS) in +/- this season with a -5.
-1 against Wild
-3 against Jets
-1 against Rangers, despite scoring a goal 4-on-4.

Suicide pass to Clifford on Brad Richards's second goal, compounded with going the wrong direction. Clifford should have caught that pass too. So many things wrong last night.

Axl Rhoadz

Binky distributor
Apr 5, 2011
the richards-carter combo is showing up the kopitar-brown combo.

By the way, where the hell has frattin been?

I knew we might have an issue when all we did was replace penner with frattin and essentially scuderi with regehr. Is that enough to beat chicago?

nope

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Frattin is playing out of position and it looks noticeable. He is taking NHL passes on his backhand. It took Brown years to adjust from RW to LW.

I don't like it that Frattin and Brown are still playing out of position. Technically we don't have any top 6 natural LW's.

Pearson is the only legit LW top 6 option prospect right now and he will likely spend a year in the A.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00