Game #3 : KINGS vs. RANGERS - 10/7/13 - A Loss Best to Forget

KingKopitar11*

I remember when you guys got on my ass when I called out Kopitar a while back when he was sucking consistently.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
I heard that Laviolette is available.... :sarcasm:

On a more serious note. Well... where to begin? It was a bad game all around. After an okay 1st period, the wheels fell of. I don't think I have ever seen Doughty and Voynov have so many turnovers. It was easily the worst game either of them have played. Richards an Carter were the only ones making plays out there. I didn't notice Muzzin as much as some of you guys, but I'll take your guys word for it and Sutter's word. And I don't know what to say about Quick's goal. That was hard to watch. And shame on you Staples Center for jeering him after that long shot. Its not right especially since he kept the team in the game up until that point.

Some of us just need to calm down and realize its only game #3. Plenty of season left to fix it.

Last edited:

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I remember when you guys got on my ass when I called out Kopitar a while back when he was sucking consistently.

I was giving him slack cause of the injury(regardless of what he says).

But that's over, There is no more excuses for Kopitar. If he is not going to be a PPG player; create shift by shift, then he doesn't need to make 7 million.

The guy has one PPG dating back to almost a year and a half.....That is pathetic.

KingKopitar11*

I was giving him slack cause of the injury(regardless of what he says).

But that's over, There is no more excuses for Kopitar. If he is not going to be a PPG player; create shift by shift, then he doesn't need to make 7 million.

Well it doesn't look like he's gonna change to be honest. Then what Trade him?

Little Psycho

I solemnly swear I'm up to no good
Feb 4, 2007
Non-Yah
More Sutter: ''Muzzin is going to have to learn not to turn the puck over if he wants to play."

True, but the same can be said for all the dmen.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Yes honestly. But Sutter has a crush on RR.

My perfect roster is alot different from this one anyways...

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Williams-Carter-Pearson
Frattin-Richards-Lewis

I think it might be best if Pearson played out the year in the AHL, just my opinion, but a roster with Carter and Richards split needs him in the roster

KingKopitar11*

My perfect roster is alot different from this one anyways...

Brown-Kopitar-Toffoli
Williams-Carter-Pearson
Frattin-Richards-Lewis

I think it might be best if Pearson played out the year in the AHL, just my opinion, but a roster with Carter and Richards split needs him in the roster

What about
Brown Kopitar Toffoli
Williams Carter Frattin
Andreoff Richards Pearson
Nolan Lewis Clifford.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
I was disappointed that Quick got jeered. That was some ********. Yeah the goal was terrible, but come on...

And yes, I know it's only three games, yadda yadda yadda, but this team is finished. We have 2 top 4 defenseman. I don't care if Kopitar goes 2PPG (and believe me, I think he needs to wake up), we have nobody that can skate with Doughty and I question if Mitchell could even handle Voynov's minutes. Robyn sure as hell can't. The only way this team isn't done is if Mitchell miraculously plays himself back into 2012 form by the 10 game mark. Otherwise, we're ****ed.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
That loss of Scuds really hurts, Pitt's defense like never recovered from losing Scuds and Martin.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
Brown-Kopi-Willy
Carts-Richie-TT
Fratts-Stolly-Lewis
King-Fraser-Nolan/Clifford

IMO.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I would break up Kopitar's line, they have not played well together for a good stretch now.

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
What about
Brown Kopitar Toffoli
Williams Carter Frattin
Andreoff Richards Pearson
Nolan Lewis Clifford.

I think bringing up all 3 is a bit too much(not to mention unrealistic). I'm confident with lewis in a top 9 still, he's decent enough. Or Clifford/Nolan/King there. And Stoll is here to stay sadly.

KingKopitar11*

I'd be really curious to see how this line up looks toward the end of the season.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
If changes are to be made, you gotta break-up that first line. I have two options, one if Carter is moved to center, and one where he stays with Richards:

Brown-Kopi-Toffoli
Frattin-Richards-Carter
Pearson-Stoll-Williams
King-Lewis-Nolan

Brown-Kopi-Toffoli
Frattin-Carter-Williams
Pearson-Richards-Lewis
King-Stoll-Nolan

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
More Sutter: ''Muzzin is going to have to learn not to turn the puck over if he wants to play."

True, but the same can be said for all the dmen.

So I guess I wasn't just seeing things and making things up like some accused me of doing in the GDT? :shakehead

Goes to show you how many people pay attention to details. But you are right in that his mistakes were a microcosm compared to the egregious errors of Doughty and Voynov, coupled with the sluggish play of Mitchell and Regehr. I'd say the only defenseman who didn't look like he was struggling much out there was Greene.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Frattin/Kopitar/Williams
Carcillo/Richards/Carter
Brown/Stoll/Lewis
Clifford/Fraser/Nolan.

They are not going to bring up two rookies and try and play them 18+ mintues a night....It's not going to happen.

Muzzin/Drew
Slava/Mitchell
A-Mart/Greene <----This D is faster and highly Mobile.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
Frattin/Kopitar/Williams
Carcillo/Richards/Carter
Brown/Stoll/Lewis
Clifford/Fraser/Nolan.

They are not going to bring up two rookies and try and play them 18+ mintues a night....It's not going to happen.

Muzzin/Drew
Slava/Mitchell
A-Mart/Greene <----This D is faster and highly Mobile.

They are also not going to sit Regehr

TimbeS

Jan 24, 2013
Finland
Something needs to be done to the lineup that's for sure. Carter&Richards played well, I personally wouldn't split them up. In the other hand, more depth wouldn't hurt us... But defense is the biggest problem that's pretty obvious.

Expecting Quick to play a hell of a game on wednesday, he wants to make a statement.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
They are also not going to sit Regehr

After tonight's game, everyone officially playing the position of "defenseman" should be viable for a benching.

A lot of us said it over the offseason and no one listened. This team versus last year's team is:

OUT
Scuderi
Penner
Bernier

IN
injured Mitchell
Frattin
Scrivens

That's significantly, significantly worse no matter how you slice it.

Sybil227

Jun 16, 2004
Santa Clarita
I'm not reading the whole thread - so someone might have said this already.
But this is an improvement of last year's home opener. So...... progress. :)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad