Game #3 : KINGS vs. RANGERS - 10/7/13 - A Loss Best to Forget

KingKopitar11*

If this keeps going on, who from the core would you guys be willing to let go? William?

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
If this keeps going on, who from the core would you guys be willing to let go? William?

Williams in not a core player, he also doesn't make enough to really shift dollars around.

You are not going to get anything in return that will = Williams.

Williams would be the best player in any trade.

You would have to move someone like Drew/Kopitar/Brown/Carter/Richards/Quick/Slava.

One of those makes a statement, also gives the cap significant relief.

And teams would move a similar core guy for one of those.

But the Kings are not there yet.

Last edited:

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
The thing with Lombardi is that he is extremely loyal to the people he brings in and probably wants to keep this group intact, even if they do grow to become complacent.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Why did DL get fired from the Sharks?

Holdouts, with contract extensions. He wanted to run the team his way...Owners had other idea's.

That is why Lombardi insisted that the Kings ownership make him the President of all Hockey operations(when he was hired).

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Why did DL get fired from the Sharks?

At the mid-way point of the season, it was evident that the Sharks would not make the playoffs after a slow start. They suffered from the holdouts of Evgeni Nabokov and Brad Stuart and it set them behind from the get go, so Lombardi and Sutter were dismissed.

KingKopitar11*

Thanks. So isn't this bad though, being loyal is great, but DL seems like the guy who is loyal to a fault.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Thanks. So isn't this bad though, being loyal is great, but DL seems like the guy who is loyal to a fault.

Nobody is perfect, the guy is Human. Every GM makes mistakes.

Jesus we could have that Clown show of a GM in Philly...Think about that.

Or Calgary....My god I would just stop being a Hockey fan if that was the case.

KingKopitar11*

No body is perfect, the guy is Human. Every GM makes mistakes.

I'm not expecting him to. It's just evident thatI he only makes big. moves when his hand is forced. Just like how upset he was firing TM, he fired him because he had no choice.

Captain Mittens*

I picked the wrong week to stop injecting myself with Au Jus.

MynameisKing

Sep 29, 2010
GB
Why just single out Muzzin? Doughty and Voynov actually played worse! And Regehr is the old engine that can't! I think he's done. Stick a fork in him!

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
There are so many things wrong with this team right now and I'm getting worried that's not just reactionary.

Despite defending Kopitar just a few pages back, the first line has been irrelevant going back to LAST season. 15 combined points in their last 28 games at ES is shocking.

So break them up? I don't know what to do with the lines at that point because we have no depth.

Frattin-Kopitar-Williams
Brown-Carter-Toffoli
Pearson-Richards-Lewis?

I don't know. No depth. One potential scoring forward in the minors. Splitting up all three centers puts a lead anchor on every line.

Regehr hasn't been our worst defenseman but he's a huge organizational issue on the team. It's pretty clear he and Doughty are just not a good pairing. Do you pair him with Voynov? Greene? Good god.

The issue I have is that Regehr will never be benched, so we can never truly tweak the pairings. It's just a disaster.

I wasn't worried one iota after last year'sslow start. Guys were out of shape, rusty, etc. Thos year it's very clear everyone is in shape, we had a full camp, and these are the results? It's going to be a long year and I have a feeling this team will look very different at the trade deadline.

KingsKnight

Reset in progress
Nov 12, 2008
CA
Small sample size. Not too worried. So far we're a 1 point worse start than 2 years ago, and a 1 point better start than last year. And as I recall, both seasons ended pretty good.

Kingspiracy

Nov 13, 2006
Not a great game but it seems very early to be talking about trading away core players. Sutter should mix the lines more first.
how about

Brown Kopitar Carter
King Richards Williams
Carcillo Stoll Frattin
Clifford Lewis Nolan

Muzzin Doughty
Mitchell Voynov
Regehr/Martinez Greene

Quick
Scrivens

Ad

Upcoming events