Game #3 : KINGS vs. RANGERS - 10/7/13 - A Loss Best to Forget

agentfouser

Playoffs?!?!
Nov 30, 2003
Los Angeles
Our line up is only effective if the cycle is effective, if they can't play the boards they are mostly useless. We got to get like the Hawks and have four fast scoring lines. Not some ******** bogus fourth "energy" line. And some random third line that has no role really, but they are ineffective. So either Sutter gets with the program and drops the whole grinder mentality or we can keep sucking.
The Kings won the Cup because of their board play, not by blowing people out of the water with skill. Copying Chicago's skill game would require replacing like half the team.

KingKopitar11*

The Kings won the Cup because of their board play, not by blowing people out of the water with skill. Copying Chicago's skill game would require replacing like half the team.

Our board play doesn't work for because other teams know how to stop it, they Hound the puck carrier. It's literally impossible to get the puck around the boards when three guys are on the puck carrier swarming him. Kings need a new system and a more talented line up. Other teams are reading our system like a children's book.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Our board play doesn't work for because other teams know how to stop it, they Hound the puck carrier. It's literally impossible to get the puck around the boards when three guys are on the puck carrier swarming him. Kings need a new system and a more talented line up. Other teams are reading our system like a children's book.

No system works at all if you move the puck slow...That is what the Kings are doing.

The reason the system worked so well in the playoff's is (Quick Decisive Puck movement). The puck moves faster than people do, always will.

Hockey systems are old as the game itself, there is nothing new about anyone's system. Teams didn't all of sudden figure the Kings out.

It's slow and sloppy Puck movement that is killing the Kings. You make a couple teams or players pay for swarming the puck...They will start to back off.

But the Kings have made no one pay for anything so far. They are an easy team to play against right now. That has nothing to do with the system(and everything to do with the players). .

KingKopitar11*

No system works at all if you move the puck slow...That is what the Kings are doing.

The reason the system worked so well in the playoff's is (Quick Decisive Puck movement). The puck moves faster than people do, always will.

Hockey systems are old as the game itself, there is nothing new about anyone's system. Teams didn't all of sudden figure the Kings out.

It's slow and sloppy Puck movement that is killing the Kings. You make a couple teams or players pay for swarming the puck...They will start to back off.

But the Kings have made no one pay for anything so far. They are an easy team to play against right now. That has nothing to do with the system(and everything to do with the players). .

Yup the defense is so damn slow at moving the puck, the defense needs to get uprooted, any one besides greene, doughty, and voynov. Forwards are slow and lack scoring talent as well. thats killing the team. Id be happy with Muzzin instead of RR. Maybe rush Deslauriers if we can into the line up if hed be better than Muzzin, I think he would. But RR is killing the kings along with Mitchell. THe guy has lost not only one step but 3934932349235. I hope its rust but it seems like it isnt for me.

KingsHockey24

Aug 1, 2013
I've honestly never liked Muzzin, I think he's horrible but thats just an opinion so dont hate. Maybe I'm overreacting using the word horrible but I dont know, I've always thought of him as meh/bleh.

And I've always felt that Martinez would be a great speedy forward that understands the defensive part of the game. Imagine a line of Martinez-Lewis-Frattin.

Hahah. Anyways.. I do feel that Fraser and Muzzin should sit out next game with Carcillo FOREVER taking Frasers place and Martinez taking Muzzins spot or being converted to a forward. The next BRENT BURNS!

Butch 19

Go cart Mozart
May 12, 2006
Geographical Oddity
Toffoli is absolutely ready. He came in and put up 5 points in 10 regular season games and 6 points (+5) in 12 playoff games. He had a better PPG in the playoffs last year than Brown, and the same (.5) as Kopi and Williams playing half the minutes. His first game back in Manchester this year, he scores a goal. The Kings need another natural goalscorer desperately, we should be using the season to further integrate a player like Toffoli into the big club instead of another grinder

^^^^ agree 100%. w/o Toffoli, the Kings wouldn't have made the WCF last year.

He needs to be here right now, trying to score goals.

Johnny Utah

Aug 2, 2005
Santa Monica, CA
Toffoli was invisible in the pre-season agaisnt modest talent. His line mate Pearson stole the show in the pre-season with not only numbers but his compete level and willingness to battle and take hits to make a play.

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Toffoli was invisible in the pre-season agaisnt modest talent. His line mate Pearson stole the show in the pre-season with not only numbers but his compete level and willingness to battle and take hits to make a play.

Yep, though Toffoli showed flashes of brilliance during his time in the NHL, he didn't really showcase his talents during the preseason. Pearson, Shore, Vey, Andreoff and Sabourin all stood out for their strong play. I was expecting more from Toffoli, but even so, he's still going to be a legit scoring threat in this league, that is if the Kings don't force him to be a checker like they tried to do with Moulson and Purcell.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010

They both should be in the Kings lineup. I'll say again, you can't ice the amount of offensively inept players that we do. Yes, we need grinders, but our ratio of skilled players to grinders is out of wack.

I'm of the opinion that there is no way this current lineup is the one we go into the playoffs with. The Kings are going to need one or both of Toffoli or Pearson to come in and contribute THIS season. I'd like them to get as many NHL games as possible under their belt during this season, and if that means they replace the likes of Fraser (shifting Lewis or Stoll to 4th line center) or Clifford, fine by me. There is no way they could play worse than those guys have

Last edited:

gtwyc

FlyingHeadButts4All
Jun 5, 2011
los angeles, ca
RR should NOT be paired with DD... we cant generate offense because our top pairing d men who are out on the ice more than any other pair has a guy who cant skate and pretty much just gives the puck to drew or just plays it up the boards... our offense stem from our transition game or lack there of. we cant put teams on their heels cause we cant generate speed on the breakout.

in todays nhl you need defensemen who can skate and move the puck. im okay with WM and MG as they are pk beasts but RR is just redundant on this team... a mart is too good to not be in the line up. DD should be paired with muzzin. Drew said it himself that he prefers playing with muzzin b/c they move the puck so well together...we had one of the best defenses in the league last year without WM and MG... ellerby had a good camp as did amart.

bottom line... transition is the name of the game and we have the personnel to be a better transition team. sutter just needs make it happen.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Yep, though Toffoli showed flashes of brilliance during his time in the NHL, he didn't really showcase his talents during the preseason. Pearson, Shore, Vey, Andreoff and Sabourin all stood out for their strong play. I was expecting more from Toffoli, but even so, he's still going to be a legit scoring threat in this league, that is if the Kings don't force him to be a checker like they tried to do with Moulson and Purcell.

If this franchise screws up Toffoli's development the same way they did Moulson I'll lose it. Essentially, we'll never develop a scoring forward under Lombardi/Sutter.

Captain Mittens*

If this franchise screws up Toffoli's development the same way they did Moulson I'll lose it. Essentially, we'll never develop a scoring forward under Lombardi/Sutter.

Moulson was a player that was previously let go by another org (Pitt). Moulson also wasn't here when Sutter was coach. Mr Stoic was still the coach

HYORI 1963

Grit & Character
Jan 20, 2009
Orange County CA
According to Rosen, King was the last forward off the ice an appears to be the HS forward. I know people question move of Carcillo to 2LW, but I think if given enough opportunity, he can be effective there. I'm also hoping that Frattin being at his natural RW, will be more visible.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad