Game #3 : KINGS vs. RANGERS - 10/7/13 - A Loss Best to Forget

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
I feel like if I died and went to hell, that game would be on a 24/7 loop and I would have to watch it for eternity.

Should be.. I get we do our Defensive Defenseman with Offensive Defenseman pairings, but holy **** Martinez behind Muzzin AND Regehr? Regehr can't even skate anymore.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008
Martinez looked PISSED when he was announced at the beginning of the game (on the bench).

:rant:

Let's take a step back and look at the situation.

If you had a purely performance based job and you were looking arguably the best you ever have, wouldn't YOU be pissed too to not get to do that job? Him getting in makes me happy. Not because Muzzin has been a huge problem but because Marty deserves it and should be an upgrade.

ScoreZeGoals

Boooorrrrriiiinnnnng
Jun 29, 2010
From the sounds of it I guess I'm glad i couldn't watch the game

Doughty had what might have been his worse game as a King
Voynov was horrible
Turnovers all over the ice
Our vet stay at home defensemen are incredibly slow
We can't generate anything at even strength
Quick let in a horrific goal
A bunch of garbage fans at Staples jeered Quick

Yeah, it was pretty bad

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
All you guys clamoring for A-Mart better not make excuses for the Guy if he comes in and gets beat consistently like he did last year...

I better see you guys raking him over like you do Muzzin.

A-Mart had a career worse year last year, the guy has to prove again he can play 15+ minutes a night and not get beat.

CowMix

Go Kings Go!
Feb 12, 2006
Let's take a step back and look at the situation.

If you had a purely performance based job and you were looking arguably the best you ever have, wouldn't YOU be pissed too to not get to do that job? Him getting in makes me happy. Not because Muzzin has been a huge problem but because Marty deserves it and should be an upgrade.

Ya it was pretty ridiculous. He had a great preseason, so much so that it made Sutter doubt why he didn't play him more. Than the season starts with him benched for 3 games straight.

chesed

Apr 5, 2011
SoCal
Yup, feel bad for Quick. He's always come back strong after stuff like that. I don't expect any different.

Me too. Works his ass off every night, arguably more so than most of the team, and then gets jeered. That pisses me off.

Remember that game, I think early 2010 or 2011, when the fans just booed the crap out of the whole team (Brown made several comments about not liking it at all)? I mean yeah, it was not a very good game by them, but you're there to support your team, not deflate their motivation.

I guess in the end it's a hard lesson given by fans, but still... I don't like it at all.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
All you guys clamoring for A-Mart better not make excuses for the Guy if he comes in and gets beat consistently like he did last year...

A-Mart had a career worse year last year, the guy has to prove again he can play 15+ minutes a night and not get beat.

I wouldn't say I'm clamoring over him, because I don't think the difference between him and Muzzin will be that huge.. But was saying I understand why he would look pissed, Regehr has been terribad since he got to Buffalo and A-Mart would be in the lineup on pretty much any team in the league. Sadly, A-Mart for Regs isn't really an option because of how we do our pairings.

KingKopitar11*

Exactly, can't get any worse than it was tonight. I have confidence in our team that we will steer the ship back in the right direction, it's happened before. People calling for blood after 3 games is ****ing ridiculous.

It's not that, it's the problem we had last season is still here, and there are more now.

CNS

A World Alone
May 24, 2008

I call out whoever sucks. That's just who I am as a fan. I love this team so much that I expect the best from them at all times. If Marty sucks, then so be it. But I have a feeling he won't.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Leave in to Hellen Hellene Hellin Helleane to ask about the jeers and have him replay his gaff over again. Love his response afterward

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Ottawa is big and Fast.

Like I said Erik Karlsson is going to have a field day with this current Defensive play from the Kings.

Winger23

May 3, 2007
The list of players who sucked tonight is way to long.

Did brown, outside of his shot off the post in the first even touch the puck or even a ranger tonight?

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
I'll believe it, when I see it.

I don't think Martinez will be the difference maker, but he definitely deserves a start.

I hope he has a good game.

Me too. I'd still like to see Doughty-Muzzin, Voynov-Mitchell, Martinez-Greene. Muzzin has been better than Regehr imo

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad