Game #3 : KINGS vs. RANGERS - 10/7/13 - A Loss Best to Forget

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Get ready for Ottawa, they are big and fast. They are going to kill this team.

Erik Karlsson is going to have a field day with this Defense.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
And 3 games (2 of which are against teams which could finish highly in the standings) isn't a proper sample size of what our team can accomplish.

How many teams can win with only 2 lines capable of scoring and those 2 lines full of either streaky or unproven (Frattin) players. Right now the Kings have one line that looks capable of scoring, and that line is struggling defensively.

Dating back to last year, Sutter has watched his team go 23 straight games without a single goal from the bottom six. How many more games until him and Dean possibly consider some radical changes to the teams lineup. I realize Stoll makes 3 million and no one wants a $3m a year 4th line center, but he has now gone 31 games without scoring a goal, that is ridiculous for a 3rd line center who gets regular PP time. I know they like his faceoff and PK abilities, but they are just destroying the 3rd line by having him center it, #28 should simply not be a top 3 center for any team serious about contending.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
I can think of two other highly paid defensemen who were the absolute ***** tonight. They were running around all over the ice like a couple of headless chickens.

I think Drew played the worst game of his career, that's saying something.

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Fan of both teams here...

I though the Rangers played a great game, but LA was nowhere close to their best. Rangers probably won't play many more like this and the Kings will only get better.

I know they'll rebound and for the guy who listed those other teams, Sutter will fix the issues by the time the Kings will have to face those teams.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
How many teams can win with only 2 lines capable of scoring and those 2 lines full of either streaky or unproven (Frattin) players. Right now the Kings have one line that looks capable of scoring, and that line is struggling defensively.

Dating back to last year, Sutter has watched his team go 23 straight games without a single goal from the bottom six. How many more games until him and Dean possibly consider some radical changes to the teams lineup. I realize Stoll makes 3 million and no one wants a $3m a year 4th line center, but he has now gone 31 games without scoring a goal, that is ridiculous for a 3rd line center who gets regular PP time. I know they like his faceoff and PK abilities, but they are just destroying the 3rd line by having him center it, #28 should simply not be a top 3 center for any team serious about contending.

Kopitar has one PP goal in about a year and a half.......Think about that.

I know we love to beat up the bottom six....But really ...

Peter James Bond

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
This team is going no where with Kopitar not creating offense.

Right now it's a one line team(the second line).

Defense was just terrible today.

Kopitar has picked up were he left off from the playoff's, takes what the D gives him.

When I heard DL say that he was surprised to get calls after last season for Kopitar...it may have been a good time to move him - since the return might have been outstanding.

If you watch footage of Kopitar from 2 years ago and going back to even his first season, he is about 60% of what he was. I recall being marveled at how he made things happen EVERY shift. Now he makes something happen about 2-3 times a game. It is probably a myriad of things - teams key on him, his knee may have slowed him down...whatever. I am just saying when you look at his footage 2 years ago and back, he is not close to what he was. Period. I have my Kopitar jersey and still love him and not a Kopitar detractor. He's still a top player, but not what he was, which was a dominant #1 center.

I mean, 0 PP goals last year??

KingsFirstCup

Nov 18, 2012
Canada
So we're 1-2-0 so far this season right? Because the reactions in here make it look like we're 0-25-0. Settle down people, it's a loooooong season. And the 3 teams we've played aren't exactly the Oilers, Flames and Panthers. Columbus was one of the hottest teams in the league at the end of last year, and they have the reigning Vezina Trophy winner in net. Rangers might win the East, and Minny is always a tough game. Relax, breathe, and apologize to Quick if you were at the game tonight. Such a bush league move to mock cheer him. Just brutal by the fans.

etherialone

dialed in your mom
Mar 6, 2008
The Ether
That is one locker room I am happy to miss after one of very few embarrassing efforts by our team over the past couple of years.

We didn't establish any real rotation. We didn't dominate any zone and we lost the game.

Its going to be a bumpy start. Buckle up.

We will come back and win the next two. Tonight was at the very least a very very strong cup of coffee for everyone from DL down. Nowhere near any reasons to panic but a nice stiff bunch of things to set right to start the year.

I was hopeful that DS would have been able to get us up to speed right off the bat with this being his first full pre season but it looks like everyone has some work to do. Still no A Mart and tonight we should have played Carcillo but whatayagonado?

GO KINGS GO!

GET EM NEXT TIME!

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Kopitar has one PP goal in about a year and a half.......Think about that.

Kopitar's positioning on the PP is stupid, they said they were going to move him around but he is still glued to the same spot.

I still have more faith that Kopitar will come out of it than I do the bottom six will ever turn it around, how about you?

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
You guys watching the post game show? Quick is beyond pissed off. Hopefully the rest of the team is just as pissed off about their own performance.

SettlementRichie10

May 6, 2012
Kopitar still has, what, 2 assists in 3 games? He'll get his points. He always has. League of Legends reference incoming, but it doesn't matter how good your ADC is on bottom lane - if your support sucks your ADC will be zoned and neutralized. This is a team sport. Kopitar has looked fine. Why do we constantly **** on Kopitar? He will get his points. He's as reliable as the weather.

Literally every support/role player on this team blows chunks. Why are we still spinning our wheels on guys like Fraser, Clifford, King, Stoll, Lewis, etc. etc. etc. They are all virtually the same player. There is ZERO talent in the forward corps past Kopitar, Brown, Williams, Richards, and Carter. Zero. Lombardi hasn't drafted and developed a single forward producing at the NHL level in 8 freakin' years now. Meanwhile Toffoli is sitting in the ****ing minors over the guys mentioned above. Ridiculous.

I have so many things to say about what's wrong with this team and nearly all of it comes down to lineup and roster decisions made by Lombardi and Sutter since the day we won the Cup. What a joke.

MOGlLNY

Jan 5, 2008
So we're 1-2-0 so far this season right? Because the reactions in here make it look like we're 0-25-0. Settle down people, it's a loooooong season. And the 3 teams we've played aren't exactly the Oilers, Flames and Panthers. Columbus was one of the hottest teams in the league at the end of last year, and they have the reigning Vezina Trophy winner in net. Rangers might win the East, and Minny is always a tough game. Relax, breathe, and apologize to Quick if you were at the game tonight. Such a bush league move to mock cheer him. Just brutal by the fans.

Great post minus the Columbus mistake..

Moses Doughty

Aug 19, 2008
Honestly everyone should back away from the computer and just not talk about the Kings for the rest of today and tomorrow. We're all annoyed at how this season has gone and it's all doom and gloom up in here. True facts-this is LA every year. People are acting like everyone is not what they once were and they this is a bad team that has issue X, Y, Z, etc.

So for the collective sanity of the board, just don't post, because as I said earlier this is like an Eagles thread and those people are NUTS

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad