GDT: Game 11: #Senswatch: GDT Edition | 7 PM MT | October 26, 2018

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
Tons of teams having issues with the modern speedy hockey currently being played by Colorado, cool.

Even Stamkos himself felt the Avs were much quicker comparing to his team.

Interesting situation right now since it will be expensive for the owners to keep the top players. The last five-ten years or so I have felt doubt about the owners but this will become the moment, the proof and hopefully they are willing to spend.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Even Stamkos himself felt the Avs were much quicker comparing to his team.

Sometimes I wonder how Mack's game will evolve when he starts losing speed and explosiveness.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta
How did Kamenev or the new "2nd line" look?
I thought Kamenev looked decent. I've had it with Dano, though. I think he sucks. Not fast enough, and constantly tries making passes he's seemingly incapable of making. Maybe he needs a longer leash but he looks like a player that was put on waivers for good reason. Kerfoot was "meh", again passing up good shooting opportunities. Wilson gon' Wilson. Andrighetto was really moving tonight, though.

Hey, don't look now, but 11 games into the season Carl Soderberg is playing at a 52 point pace. That's your 2nd line centre right there, folks.

Reactions: Pokecheque

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Think about Stamkos. Elite player to good.

Stamkos is a RH Duchene with a better shot. No better at center, and somehow not a driver. Tampa would still be a contender without him and Toronto still wouldn't be with him instead of JT.

I've watched a lot of Tampa over the years lately, and T-Johnson has been more important for that team for entire seasons and through their playoff runs than Stamkos. I'm glad he took a good contract, good on him.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
His game is way more complete than Stamkos. Also Stamkos lost so much speed due to injury.

Look at even Duchene. He used to be top10 center and then he lost his burst of speed and never played on the same level again. MacK is strong and all but his point production is going to drop. Of course it doesn't mean he is worse player overall, maybe even better. When players get older they normally play more for the team and focus on the defensive side Of the game more. Most of the players offensive productions peaks at 21-25. He is there now, in his prime.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I liked Zadorov getting big hits without chasing them. Just turning into a cinder block and letting physics have it's way with opponents.

Like Douglas "Crankshaft" Murray but actually being able to skate and carry the puck?

I miss Douglas almost every single day though, the most physical Swede ever ;-) it was pure entertainment.

Zadorov is definately a favorite of mine too though and growing.

Last edited:

Hesher

Sagan for President
Jan 22, 2013
Slovakia
The Avs looked like hot garbage for most of the first half of the game but once they stepped on the pedal the Sens just had no answer.

Anderson looking all dejected after a shot goes in is just sooo beautiful.

Reactions: klozge and Tommy G

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
If Duchene settles for $6M/year to fit in on a contending team, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a cup. Penguins might be past their prime in 19/20 though.

flyfysher

Mar 21, 2012
Just finished the game. It was pretty much done for the Sens when they decided to get into a track-meet with us. I either didn't notice their 'trap' or we just skated right through it.

Speak for yourself, I'd take him back on our 2nd line in a heartbeat. He'd cost too much though and I wouldn't wanna give him a long-term deal in case his speed gives out even more but we don't have a proper 2C in the organization yet unless someone steps up.

How the fans generally feel about Duchene is irrelevant. How the players feel arguably isn't even though it'd be Sakic's decision to bring him back. My issue with Duchene is his need to have chemistry with his line mates. But in terms of winning FO's, Duchene's trade illustrated that's one of our areas of needed improvement. That said, I keep going back to Sakic's desire to get younger (and faster). I just don't see Duchene's return anytime in the next season but I'd be okay with it.

Sascha

Jan 7, 2018
The Avs looked like hot garbage for most of the first half of the game but once they stepped on the pedal the Sens just had no answer.

Anderson looking all dejected after a shot goes in is just sooo beautiful.

I was not impressed with the mack line in the first 40 minutes, too much passing, way too much.

But I think with the Rantanan bomb everything changed. the fire was there, and the sens had no answer.

Which of course remains is the secondary scoring. this is going to be a big challenge for bednar. But I don´t want to be too critical. It's just fun to watch these guys. :nod:

Now let's hope that this comeback has broken the sens. I really want to see Hughes or Kakko for the avs in the near future

Reactions: klozge

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad