GDT: Game 11: #Senswatch: GDT Edition | 7 PM MT | October 26, 2018

Tralfamadore

Don't Panic.
Sep 25, 2011
Im genuinely astounished some of you would want Duchene back in Colorado.

Not implying he's a bad player by any means but look what happened to the team when he left. The team knows what happened and Duchene knows what happened. Bringing him back would just be weird and I don't want to take even the slightest chance of disrupting the locker room chemistry.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If Duchene promises to come in as a known secondary piece, I’m completely on board assuming the contract is fair.

That means he comes in willingly playing on the 2nd line with secondary linemates. Gets secondary PP time. Doesn’t question anything said by the leaders in the dressing room etc.

Basically he would have to come on board with being a complimentary piece in every facet of the team.

This would be such a strange request to put on a player upon signing him that it would never happen lol.

He cannot seriously think hes going to get anywhere near the Cup as a teams #1C. He may be emotional, but he does not strike me as stupid.

Plus I am not sure he'd even need to be on the second unit. Picking up garbage in the slot is something hes actually good at, and even if he is our 2nd unit is only going to get stronger in the future. So it's not like he'll be on an island.

Reactions: Tommy G

Makar to MacK

Sep 14, 2018
Saint Cloud, FL

Not implying he's a bad player by any means but look what happened to the team when he left. The team knows what happened and Duchene knows what happened. Bringing him back would just be weird and I don't want to take even the slightest chance of disrupting the locker room chemistry.
Imo it was more our lack of defense then Dutchy. When we traded him we got SammyG and on top of the big Z started playing to his potential. Judt my opinion but they are like buttholes (everybody has one)

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The only thing that's astonishing me more than this conversation about Duchene coming back (he's not) still going on is the speculation that he might not want to take on a secondary role? Why not? Has he ever displayed character traits that would make one think he'd insist on being "The Guy"? I don't think so. Say what you will about him but he's never been a prima donna.

The main factors I think he'll consider with his next deal will be proximity to home, whether or not they are a contender, the $$$ amount (duh), and trade protection.

All that said...wouldn't it be something if he ended up in frickin' Dallas.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden

I totally agree, most of us here respect him and really wish him all the best but bringing him back, no thank you.

Ivan13

Not posting anymore
May 3, 2011
Zagreb, Croatia
If they are smart they'd trade all of Matt, Stone, Dzingel and Ceci. Get as many picks and prospects as you can and jump start the rebuild.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
The only thing that's astonishing me more than this conversation about Duchene coming back (he's not) still going on is the speculation that he might not want to take on a secondary role? Why not? Has he ever displayed character traits that would make one think he'd insist on being "The Guy"? I don't think so. Say what you will about him but he's never been a prima donna.

The main factors I think he'll consider with his next deal will be proximity to home, whether or not they are a contender, the $$$ amount (duh), and trade protection.

All that said...wouldn't it be something if he ended up in frickin' Dallas.

Not to get into it too much, but there's been plenty of accusations and demonstrations of self interest over the years. How much you think that defines him is up for debate.

For the record, I don't think he needs to be "The Guy" anymore. Especially if he's going to a contender.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad