GDT: Game 11: #Senswatch: GDT Edition | 7 PM MT | October 26, 2018

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
It's the first time it's seemed like we've hit "mid rebuild". Our window will be opening soon, and we're already scaring teams all around the league. Good times.
I know it is only 11 games but considering the way we played against NSH last year in the playoffs and the way we played against a true contender like TBL couple of games ago, one could argue that our window is opening this year. But this would be true only if we are healthy and I stress our core being healthy. Realistically if Sakic fixes the 2nd line, through trade or from within, I think next year could truly be the opening of our window.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I know it is only 11 games but considering the way we played against NSH last year in the playoffs and the way we played against a true contender like TBL couple of games ago, one could argue that our window is opening this year. But this would be true only if we are healthy and I stress our core being healthy. Realistically if Sakic fixes the 2nd line, through trade or from within, I think next year could truly be the opening of our window.
Yah exactly. I don't think we'll have the offensive depth to make a run. Then again if our goaltending / defence keeps up and our only offensive line can put up 3+ goals a game, who knows? Lol it's a good problem to have, we'll see at the trade deadline.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I've always been ambivalant about Duchene asking for a trade, and tried to give him the benefit of the doubt after all the losing seasons. But after seeing him try to pull that hot dog pass in the 1st period, I'm done with him.

He asks for a trade because he doesn't think the Avs are a good team, they still give him a nice video tribute, he scores on the next shift, then the shift after that he tries to embarrass his old teammates with that hot dog pass? This is the same guy who's been criticized for years for being selfish and jumped in the air with a double fist pump for scoring his 30th goal late in the 3rd period of a 5-1 blowout.

Not coincidentally this is around the time the top line decided to wake up. So glad they turned that game around and blew their 3-1 lead out of the water. Very satisfying win.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I can only think of two (rondelle is the official word...but sometimes an announcer can get fancy and call it "le disque").

Yeah...French language don't have that many words (much fewer than English) but about 1000 different ways to say the same thing.
I think also le palet or just le puck

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Haven't gone through this whole thread. Did anybody else notice Kamenev almost got laid out in the exact same spot on the ice he broke his arm?

He has got to learn to keep his head up. Going back to the pre-season, this is like the fourth or fifth time I've seen him narrowly avoid getting taken out with a big hit. He's gonna Lindros himself if he doesn't fix this.

Reactions: GirardSpinorama

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Haven't gone through this whole thread. Did anybody else notice Kamenev almost got laid out in the exact same spot on the ice he broke his arm?

He has got to learn to keep his head up. Going back to the pre-season, this is like the fourth or fifth time I've seen him narrowly avoid getting taken out with a big hit. He's gonna Lindros himself if he doesn't fix this.

That's not surprising. I'm still stunned at how ridiculous he looked last year practically running into Orpik on his own volition. No awareness whatsoever. I imagine he's better but nowehere near where he needs to be, especially for someone as slow as he is.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Yeah Orpik squashed him but Kam had his head up and not only braced for but also drove through Wideman

Kam had his head more up in the Orpik play. He had his head down all the way through the neutral zone and didn't see Wideman until the last second.

He got his arm up like the Orpik hit, but he got more lucky that Wideman mistimed it and took the wrong angle. If he hit him square like Orpik he would have crushed him just as bad.

Spleenless Wonder21

Done like dinner
Jun 29, 2009
Ohio
Just finished the game. It was pretty much done for the Sens when they decided to get into a track-meet with us. I either didn't notice their 'trap' or we just skated right through it.

Speak for yourself, I'd take him back on our 2nd line in a heartbeat. He'd cost too much though and I wouldn't wanna give him a long-term deal in case his speed gives out even more but we don't have a proper 2C in the organization yet unless someone steps up.

Not saying I wouldn’t take him back, but if he & MacK can’t coexist I don’t want him back. He certainly solves the 2C role, not to mention the ability to actually win face-offs consistently.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
There was never a healthy 1C 2C relationship when Duchene was here. I don't think Duchene sees himself as a 2C.

Reactions: 5280

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I mean, you can speculate about/analyze it all you want, but I guarantee Matt Duchene, if he does indeed opt to go elsewhere (and there's a very good chance at this point that he doesn't) it won't be back to Denver. I know he said some very nice things about the organization and city, but no, this bridge is done burnt. He's not coming back.

My next hope for him is that the Sens eventually get rid of that boat anchor Bobby Ryan so Matty can get his proper number back.

Reactions: McMetal

Piestany88

Sep 29, 2017
I mean, you can speculate about/analyze it all you want, but I guarantee Matt Duchene, if he does indeed opt to go elsewhere (and there's a very good chance at this point that he doesn't) it won't be back to Denver. I know he said some very nice things about the organization and city, but no, this bridge is done burnt. He's not coming back.

My next hope for him is that the Sens eventually get rid of that boat anchor Bobby Ryan so Matty can get his proper number back.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Well if he's true to his word, which I believe, then his next contract will definitely not be with the Sens. I've heard people talk Carolina and mostly Nashville but I think Pittsburg is a dark horse team who could land him. They check all the boxes (perennial PO team, eastern conference, and most importantly Crosby).

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I would be all for it as long as all the players are onboard with it as well. It would certainly fix a couple of issues mainly secondary scoring and faceoffs. Can you imagine a Kaut-Duchene-Kako 2nd line?

Seriously though I would prefer somebody a little more consistent and stronger mentally but if the players are ok with it I'm down as well.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't see Peeburgh having the need - maybe Nashville but they're pretty set in the 1/2C position.

There definitely seemed to be some animosity under the surface from Mack, EJ and Landy right after he left but I'm assuming that's all water under the bridge now. I think it'll depend on how Ottawa's season is going. If they go full poopemoji Sakic probably figures that he can fix the second line through the draft.

Watch Matty go to BUF :laugh:

Tommy Shelby

Feb 26, 2012
jim-is-gone-hes-gone-i-miss-him-so-much-9375115.png

Me when everyone talks about Duchene

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
If Duchene promises to come in as a known secondary piece, I’m completely on board assuming the contract is fair.

That means he comes in willingly playing on the 2nd line with secondary linemates. Gets secondary PP time. Doesn’t question anything said by the leaders in the dressing room etc.

Basically he would have to come on board with being a complimentary piece in every facet of the team.

This would be such a strange request to put on a player upon signing him that it would never happen lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad