GDT: Game 11: #Senswatch: GDT Edition | 7 PM MT | October 26, 2018

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I think last night's game was a perfect result. Duchene gets a couple goals and looks good, but in the end we still crush them.

I'm still bitter about how things ended with Duchene, him demanding a trade and then poutung and sulking about it while we made sure we got the right deal. Then when he finally gets traded he throws the team under the bus.

But at the end of the day he was a good player for us and is one of the truly good guys around the league who would do anything for the community and fans. I do hope he has a long successful career, just hope he doesn't come back here that ship has sailed and we are better off for it.

Reactions: RareDangles

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
I was watching the post game and Dater mumbled a question about a player who was benched or was given limited minutes in the third (not Jost), can anybody pinpoint on who him and Bednar were talking about?

I liked Zadorov getting big hits without chasing them. Just turning into a cinder block and letting physics have it's way with opponents.
maxresdefault.jpg

Iracundia

Jun 19, 2011
Kerfoot was benched for a back-pass mid third that ended up in a 2-on -1 the other way and an Avs penalty. Wants Kerfoot to understand time and place.

Reactions: McMetal

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
I don't think Barrie is off to a great start, but it's not easy to get all those 'easy' points he's getting. Moving the puck quickly and accurately on the PP is a skill and he's very good at getting especially MacKinnon the puck quickly so MacKinnon has a good shooting or passing lane. On the Rantanen goal he did a great job adjusting his grip to control and move the puck quickly.

I miss him jumping up in the slot like he used to, but it's possible Bednar doesn't want him to do that as often.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I didn't even realize Kerfoot got benched until I watched Bednar's presser. Kerfoot has cost the team twice recently (Devils game and one earlier one) with that pass back into the middle of the ice leading to a rush the other way and Bednar said enough is enough after he did it again last night.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
If Duchene settles for $6M/year to fit in on a contending team, I wouldn't be surprised if he wins a cup. Penguins might be past their prime in 19/20 though.
So what you are saying is Sakic should sign him at or below the "Duchene cap"? Agree!!!!

On bringing back Duchene...Sakic better make sure all players are onboard with that scenario or it could easily have a big negative impact in the dressing room. Not sure I would be willing to take that chance. I have to admit that Duchene taking faceoffs would be really nice for a change.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I’ve seen people here state over and over that Kerfoot is better at center and I just disagree.

Why do people feel that way? Because he’s a pass-first player and should see more of the ice from the middle?

He sucks defensively, just floats and regularly leaves the zone early. Lazy puck possession by him going up the ice, just random turnovers that cost us.

Kerfoot is a winger, Jost should be his center doing the defensive work, and hopefully next year they have a proper RW (Stone/Panarin/Simmonds/whatever). Kerfoot needs to stay away from C.

We have five Cs and I don’t want to see Kerfoot or Wilson at C ever again. MacK, Soda, Compher, Jost, Kamenev. Use those guys and keep the other dudes on the damn wing.

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
I wouldn’t put Jost at C either.

Much better suited to a 4C role than Kerfoot is, that’s for sure. Soda should be 2C and Compher should be 3C.

Call him a black hole offensively all you want, but Jost is extremely responsible defensively and doesn’t make those types of turnovers.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Much better suited to a 4C role than Kerfoot is, that’s for sure. Soda should be 2C and Compher should be 3C.

Call him a black hole offensively all you want, but Jost is extremely responsible defensively and doesn’t make those types of turnovers.
Jost rarely wins any board battles and gets pushed around a lot. He's not a 4c. He needs to put up offensive numbers or he needs to be traded. Or grow 4 inches and gain 40 pounds lol

Avs

Bozak + 2nd
Feb 9, 2013
Illinois
Can’t wait to see what goonery Wild fans accuse Landeskog of tonight, besides scoring goals and all..

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
Avs have deliberately not spread out scoring. Their three best forwards are on the same line (and only a nut would complain about that) and Sodaberg is being asked to take on the shutdown responsibilities.

That leaves the rest to fend for themselves and they are not, at this point, well equipped to do so. That doesn't mean Avs have to start making big trades to fix what isn't really broken. Avs are on purpose an unbalanced team. There are reinforcements coming in the next couple of seasons. Kaut. Bowers. Timmins. Makar. Hughes.

I too would love to see Jost, Andrighetto and Kamenev take a step forward. I think there is a good chance they will eventually. But the ice will be tilted against them regularly. We just have to hope the first line, goalies and special teams will be good enough to make the team good even with these weaknesses in the bottom nine.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Avs have deliberately not spread out scoring. Their three best forwards are on the same line (and only a nut would complain about that) and Sodaberg is being asked to take on the shutdown responsibilities.

That leaves the rest to fend for themselves and they are not, at this point, well equipped to do so. That doesn't mean Avs have to start making big trades to fix what isn't really broken. Avs are on purpose an unbalanced team. There are reinforcements coming in the next couple of seasons. Kaut. Bowers. Timmins. Makar. Hughes.

I too would love to see Jost, Andrighetto and Kamenev take a step forward. I think there is a good chance they will eventually. But the ice will be tilted against them regularly. We just have to hope the first line, goalies and special teams will be good enough to make the team good even with these weaknesses in the bottom nine.
The Avs are probably at least a year ahead of schedule on their rebuild. We weren't expecting to have this much success. The team isn't built to contend yet. We have major assets that haven't played an NHL game yet, and a potential top pick that hasn't even been selected lol we're going to have to be patient and enjoy the success we've had.

I highly doubt sakic starts trading prospects and picks to try and throw together a 2nd line in hopes to make it to second round.

Avsavsavsavsavs

Nov 30, 2017
The Avs are probably at least a year ahead of schedule on their rebuild. We weren't expecting to have this much success. The team isn't built to contend yet. We have major assets that haven't played an NHL game yet, and a potential top pick that hasn't even been selected lol we're going to have to be patient and enjoy the success we've had.

I highly doubt sakic starts trading prospects and picks to try and throw together a 2nd line in hopes to make it to second round.

I agree with this so much. Short of acquiring an entire 2nd line, we still wouldn't have a 2nd line even if we picked up Nylander or whoever. At the end of the day Kerfoot, Jost, and Wilson are all probably not 2nd line material on a real contender, putting them with a real 2nd line winger doesn't change the fact that they disappear from time to time. I know you didn't mention this but I see it mentioned it a lot, not a huge fan of Nylander, 7 mil for a 2 season 20 goal scorer that sat on a line with Matthews and Marleau last season, hell Jost could put up 20 playing that line/minutes every game.

Reactions: AvsFan29

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL

The rebuild was started all the way back in 2009. It's been almost a decade until we're consistently looking good and outplaying the competition.

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
The rebuild was started all the way back in 2009. It's been almost a decade until we're consistently looking good and outplaying the competition.

There has been false starts on the backs of great goaltending, dead ends and a lot of spinning the wheels.

The last 2-3 years is when it's starting to feel like the first successful rebuild, even though we are benefiting from what came before (EJ, Mac, Landeskog, Barrie, Varly and the trade returns on Duchene/O'Reilly)

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
There has been false starts on the backs of great goaltending, dead ends and a lot of spinning the wheels.

The last 2-3 years is when it's starting to feel like the first successful rebuild, even though we are benefiting from what came before (EJ, Mac, Landeskog, Barrie, Varly and the trade returns on Duchene/O'Reilly)
It's the first time it's seemed like we've hit "mid rebuild". Our window will be opening soon, and we're already scaring teams all around the league. Good times.

Reactions: Thepoolmaster

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I don't think it would be wise to risk ruining the team's chemistry. Maybe at the end of his career.
6m x 6

I'd be seriously worried about him not being on the top line or being the big star. Our PP would be absolutely ridiculous if we replaced Jost with Duchene though lol lethal

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I don't think Barrie is off to a great start, but it's not easy to get all those 'easy' points he's getting. Moving the puck quickly and accurately on the PP is a skill and he's very good at getting especially MacKinnon the puck quickly so MacKinnon has a good shooting or passing lane. On the Rantanen goal he did a great job adjusting his grip to control and move the puck quickly.

I miss him jumping up in the slot like he used to, but it's possible Bednar doesn't want him to do that as often.
I liked Barrie much more than I did in the last three or four games. He was terrible in the first half of the game but he showed some fight in the 2nd half. Plus, he was much better offensively and especially on the PP than in the prior games. His size combined with the current much slower speed still concerns me, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->