Proposal: Gallagher for a 1st and a top prospect, no more no less.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Habs could take Lucic, but Oilers are the one who need to trade Lucic. So if a team take Lucic, Oilers will have to give a player for compensation (like Teravainen trade Chi-Caroline)

Only way I would take Lucic is if we also got RNH. Something like Pacioretty + Byron for Lucic + RNH would be ideal for the Habs. Gallagher + Byron is a deal that looks better for the Oilers but I would be hesitant to make that move.

Byron and Gallagher are the type of players that would fit seamlessly into the Oilers roster. Byron and McDavid together would give Flames fans nightmares

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
There's still some prospects. Grant it they're not trading a guy like Middlestadt or anything like that. Maybe Baily or something and a later pick like a 6th.

That's all they have that would interest us. You're not getting Gallagher for a potentially low 1st and Nylander.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
That's all they have that would interest us. You're not getting Gallagher for a potentially low 1st and Nylander.

So your looking for one of the top prospects in world and a first for Gallagher? Really? Baily is an NHL ready guy with top 6 potential. And a 1st. Thats the kind of return you get for a top 6 player. Teams don't give 1st and prospects that they figure are shoe in for the top line. Not unless the GM is a bone head.

Reactions: normaliswear

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
So your looking for one of the top prospects in world and a first for Gallagher? Really?

I didn't say that. I said that the 1st is all Buffalo could offer because they wouldn't be interested in moving Middlestadt. A potentially low first as a starting point is a no-go for us.

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
Gallagher for Reinhart + ?

This could be a start for a trade

So the plus goes on the 22 year old that hit 50 pts in his third season for a 26 year old who just broke 50 pts in his 6th? And Buffalo needs a RW, so why would they trade one to get back another one? The whole thing doesn't make sense.

Reactions: normaliswear

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
So the plus goes on the 22 year old that hit 50 pts in his third season for a 26 year old who just broke 50 pts in his 6th? And Buffalo needs a RW, so why would they trade one to get back another one? The whole thing doesn't make sense.

Gallagher is must more then a 50pts... He's a real warrior everytime he is on ice. Team with young and talented players need a guy like this. So this is not only a stats and age thing.

AcadiaAxeMan

Mar 10, 2002
Grande Prairie, AB
Visit site
Gally is not going anywhere .... sure, we need to retool/reset/rebuild and trade aging vets for draft picks (Weber, Pacioretty, Alzner etc) BUT a player like BG is going to lead this team back to respectability with his hard work, determination and leading by example. He will wear the “C” this year, or at least he should. I expect a few lean years coming up and like being the underdog!

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
Decent player but we can’t even take him unless he’s playing on our 3rd line.....no room for him in our top 6. Weaker teams with less depth could use him in their top 6 for sure.

Gaston Gingras

Sep 16, 2008
Hamilton
I'm not sure why you are laughing.

Brendan Gallagher is one of my favorite players in the league, but reality is still reality.
Reality is reality?????? sorry men but you are wrong, Gallagher has significant more value, any NHL coach will love to have this player on their team!

sansabri

hello my enemies
Aug 12, 2005
I'm not sure why you are laughing.

Brendan Gallagher is one of my favorite players in the league, but reality is still reality.

Please then, tell me what this 'significant add' would have to be? Are we talking Kotka? Mete? Poehling? What's an ordinary 2C worth these days?

Joshua Leivo, Andrew Nielsen and a 2nd round pick

We'll take the 2nd for future considerations. You can keep the extra contracts.

Last edited:

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Please then, tell me what this 'significant add' would have to be? Are we talking Kotka? Mete? Poehling? What's an ordinary 2C worth these days?

We'll take the 2nd for future considerations. You can keep the extra contracts.

Oh boy! Future Considerations!? That could be anything! Like even a 2nd round pick!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad