Proposal: Gallagher for a 1st and a top prospect, no more no less.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
I like Gallagher but really doubt any team is giving up its 1st and a top prospect for him.
26 year old 30 goal scorer in his prime who brings 100% every night.. Signed for 3 more years at 3.75 mil....

*Edit

23.83 goals per 82 games career
48.27 points per 82 games career

Coming off of a career high 31 goal and 54 point 82 games played season, playing with offensively challenged centers.

Last edited:

Jun 15, 2007
Andre Burakovsky and a 1st

Last edited:

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
“Insert other team’s B-grade player”: yeah he’s worth a 1st and a very good prospect.

“Insert Montreal’s A-grade player”: nah he’s not worth much at all... maaaybe a late first from a playoff team.
Like i said, 26 year old 30 goal scorer in his prime on a sweetheart 3.75mil x 3 year deal... I knew this trade section was bad but.. i'm a little shocked.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Like i said, 26 year old 30 goal scorer in his prime on a sweetheart 3.75mil x 3 year deal... I knew this trade section was bad but.. i'm a little shocked.

I believe we heard this same spiel when no one wanted to do first + top prospect + for pacioretty last year.

That being said, I agree Gallagher is a damn fine player and is relatively undervalued by non Montreal fans, but overvalued by Montreal fans on this board.

Reactions: haveandare

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
No team will give you a 1st AND their top prospect on top of that for a lot of teams that's the equivalent of 2 1sts

For example based on what you put in the OP you would want a 1st and Zadina from Detroit that's laughable

Or a 1st and Liljregen from Toronto that's also laughable

Gallagher is good He's not THAT good

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
My thoughts as well. You're calling him a 30 goal scorer, but the fact is that in 6 years he's had 1 30+ goal season and 1 20+ goal season.
Nice try but over his 6 year career he averages 23.83 goals per 82 games.
He just had 31 goals and 54 points last season in 82 games. He plays the game so well now and is a strong little demon who gives 100% every shift. He's the last guy on my team that i would wanna trade. I just wanted to see what people's opinions would be. And some other posters are being dispicable.

strongcomp05

Jun 8, 2018
No team will give you a 1st AND their top prospect on top of that for a lot of teams that's the equivalent of 2 1sts

For example based on what you put in the OP you would want a 1st and Zadina from Detroit that's laughable

Or a 1st and Liljregen from Toronto that's also laughable

Gallagher is good He's not THAT good

thats laughable

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
BG is a pit bull that would help any team. But he is also a guy who has 1 season breaking the 50 point barrier and 1 season breaking 25 goals.

Most teams top prospects are guys who project to be 60 point guys or more. So asking for a top prospect and a 1st(where you hope to grab a 50+ point guy too) can be seen as a bigger ask.

But in saying that, a contender could find the "now" move well worth it...short term gain for long term pain. Especially depending in the prospect.

A team like Pitt would be all over this IMO given what he bring, how he plays, and how low his cap is.

OnanTheBarbarian

May 20, 2018
I will give you the oilers first, and either Caleb Jones, Tyler Benson, or Kirill Maksimov. I would love to have Gallagher on the team, but surrendering the likes of Puljujarvi, Yamamoto, Or Bouchard and a first is a pretty big ask. Maybe tack on a 4th or 3rd + the first.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
BG is a pit bull that would help any team. But he is also a guy who has 1 season breaking the 50 point barrier and 1 season breaking 25 goals.

Most teams top prospects are guys who project to be 60 point guys or more. So asking for a top prospect and a 1st(where you hope to grab a 50+ point guy too) can be seen as a bigger ask.

But in saying that, a contender could find the "now" move well worth it...short term gain for long term pain. Especially depending in the prospect.

A team like Pitt would be all over this IMO given what he bring, how he plays, and how low his cap is.
So what's the offer from Pitsburgh?

Spazkat

Feb 19, 2015
Nice try but over his 6 year career he averages 23.83 goals per 82 games.
He just had 31 goals and 54 points last season in 82 games. He plays the game so well now and is a strong little demon who gives 100% every shift. He's the last guy on my team that i would wanna trade. I just wanted to see what people's opinions would be. And some other posters are being dispicable.

Im not saying he's a bad player by any means, nor was I questioning his effort level. I actually like him a lot as a player.

But with your own math you're describing a sub 25 goal guy not a 30 goal guy and that player does not get you an A prospect and a 1st

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->