Proposal: Gallagher for a 1st and a top prospect, no more no less.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
I think Gallagher is the best player on the Habs. A winning team has players like him in the middle six. He plays hard all the time and gets under the opponents skin. But he’s pretty clean (afaik) and controlled. I’d love him on the Rangers but I think his timeline doesn’t match the Rangers. But if this were a couple years ago, I’d give up a good amount for him.
That said, the Habs shouldn’t trade him unless they get a haul.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Did you know that you could be a 30 goal scorer and average 20 goals a season over your career that includes your rookie season and etc.?

Who would've thought eh.

Did you also know that if you average 30 goals a year over the last 5 years BUT don’t score 30 in one of those you don’t qualify as a 30 goal scorer?

Hint: see Pacioretty value threads

I agree with the other posters goals per game is most important

Last edited:
Reactions: Cobra Commander

Sabresruletheschool

Jul 16, 2012
I didn't say that. I said that the 1st is all Buffalo could offer because they wouldn't be interested in moving Middlestadt. A potentially low first as a starting point is a no-go for us.

So Buffalo, that has one of the best prospect pools in the NHL, has nothing to offer that would interest Montreal with the exception of Middlestat? I find that hard to believe. There's only a few teams that are a good bet not to make the playoffs, and their not giving their lottery pick for Gallagher. So any first you get has a chance of being a low first.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
So Buffalo, that has one of the best prospect pools in the NHL, has nothing to offer that would interest Montreal with the exception of Middlestat? I find that hard to believe. There's only a few teams that are a good bet not to make the playoffs, and their not giving their lottery pick for Gallagher. So any first you get has a chance of being a low first.

Name one.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Habs shouldn't move Gallagher, unfortunately they are run by a complete disgrace named Bergevin.

The Habs should take what they can get for Price, Weber and Patches and just go with it.

Really feel bad for the organization, Bergevin has utterly destroyed that team and he refuses to change.

ThePhoenixx

Aug 7, 2005
Love yer hardball negotiating, but I’m gonna need you to meet me halfway on this one. So 1st yammer, for Gallagher MB’s personal tailor, all the molson beer I can drink in perpetuity, and a 3rd.

As an Oiler fan I do not approve of these offers.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Sameulsson, Olofsson, Asplund, Pilut, Guhle,. All good prospects. What you're actually saying is "we don't expect the very top prospects for Gallagher, but we will only except a very top prospect for Gallagher".

That's the idea.

Qwijibo

Dec 1, 2014
I still wouldn't want to give up Yamo.
Jones + 1st + 2 2nds + Lucic
Pass. You want Montreal to retain on Gallagher AND take on Lucic’s Crap contract. There’s gotta be a seriously juicy peach coming back the other way. Not a bunch of ok assets

WJCJ

Sep 27, 2017
Why would the Habs want Lucic horrendous contract when they already have Price and Webers long expensive deals. Not to mention they are rebuilding.

And why would Lucic waive his no trade to go to a team that is so far away from contention?

tradenashnow

Feb 17, 2018
A top prospect most likely will turn out to be a better player than Gallagher so you can forget about getting that for him. Plus, he's small and I don't like small players unless they are freaks like St. Louis to play well into their 30's. A first rounder. Yes. Not a top prospect.

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I still wouldn't want to give up Yamo.
Jones + 1st + 2 2nds + Lucic

Seriously dude, how does your brain work? Your offer for Gallagher @ 1.85M for the next 3 seasons basically boils down to a 1st + Lucic (one of the worst, if not the worst contract in the league) in my eyes.

Jones i could care less about, the 2 2nd's are nice but when you're moving a player like Gallagher 2 2nd's doesn't mean much to me. So your offer for one of the best possession players in the league (who's still very young) on a sweetheart deal, with probably the most intangibles of any player in the league is basically a 1st and and a terrible contract. Give your head a shake, that's beyond awful, just stop.

A top prospect most likely will turn out to be a better player than Gallagher so you can forget about getting that for him. Plus, he's small and I don't like small players unless they are freaks like St. Louis to play well into their 30's. A first rounder. Yes. Not a top prospect.

Gallagher is a gym freak and he's insanely strong, his dad is a very well known trainer..

Last edited:

blankall

Jul 4, 2007
Seriously dude, how does your brain work? Your offer for Gallagher @ 1.85M for the next 3 seasons basically boils down to a 1st + Lucic (one of the worst, if not the worst contract in the league) in my eyes.

Jones i could care less about, the 2 2nd's are nice but when you're moving a player like Gallagher 2 2nd's doesn't mean much to me. So your offer for one of the best possession players in the league (who's still very young) on a sweetheart deal, with probably the most intangibles of any player in the league is basically a 1st and and a terrible contract. Give your head a shake, that's beyond awful, just stop.

Gallagher is a gym freak and he's insanely strong, his dad is a very well known trainer..
No. He was also offering two 2nds and a decent prospect.

No one is giving you two high end pieces for Gallagher.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Habs shouldn't move Gallagher, unfortunately they are run by a complete disgrace named Bergevin.

The Habs should take what they can get for Price, Weber and Patches and just go with it.

Really feel bad for the organization, Bergevin has utterly destroyed that team and he refuses to change.

Bergevin hasn't addressed our real needs and instead focused on solving locker room and attitude issues while paying crazy cost in order to do that. But, the organization he inherited was already suffering from the symptoms of poor management. The prospect pool was poor due to bad drafting, there were large holes in the team and the development staff was incompetent. Bergevin didn't necessarily destroy the team, it was already doomed barring major changes, but Bergevin does deserve a lot of blame for not making those major changes and instead deciding to fix absolutely tertiary issues (which also failed miserably). Just to make it clear.

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Bergevin hasn't addressed our real needs and instead focused on solving locker room and attitude issues while paying crazy cost in order to do that. But, the organization he inherited was already suffering from the symptoms of poor management. The prospect pool was poor due to bad drafting, there were large holes in the team and the development staff was incompetent. Bergevin didn't necessarily destroy the team, it was already doomed barring major changes, but Bergevin does deserve a lot of blame for not making those major changes and instead deciding to fix absolutely tertiary issues (which also failed miserably). Just to make it clear.

Subban into Weber=huge loss
Sergachev into Drouin=huge loss
Price contract=awful and turns a top 5-10 goalie into a negative asset
Radulov and Markov walk for nothing=so so stupid
Tank Patches value by surrounding him with trash=huge loss
Trade Andrighetto for nothing=pretty big loss
Galchenyuk somehow went from a great 3rd/4th year looking like he had ppg potential into being demoted to the 4th line and not getting C roles despite the team's C depth being the worst in the league and then was traded for Max Domi=total stupidity

The only person worse than Bergevin is Molson for not firing him, he has destroyed the team and maybe the team would've never won a championship with their core, but you can always tweak things or at least get fair value for players, Bergevin has failed and failed badly.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
Subban into Weber=huge loss
Sergachev into Drouin=huge loss
Price contract=awful and turns a top 5-10 goalie into a negative asset
Radulov and Markov walk for nothing=so so stupid
Tank Patches value by surrounding him with trash=huge loss
Trade Andrighetto for nothing=pretty big loss
Galchenyuk somehow went from a great 3rd/4th year looking like he had ppg potential into being demoted to the 4th line and not getting C roles despite the team's C depth being the worst in the league and then was traded for Max Domi=total stupidity

The only person worse than Bergevin is Molson for not firing him, he has destroyed the team and maybe the team would've never won a championship with their core, but you can always tweak things or at least get fair value for players, Bergevin has failed and failed badly.

Most of these aren't really reasons behind "destroying the team". I'm not denying the fact that the deals and non-deals with Subban, Sergachev, Radulov and Markov were harmful for us and the result of Bergevin's poor decision making but the whole "destroying the team" goes far beyond Bergevin's actions. He takes a ton of blame for not figuring out what was wrong with the organization, a terrible GM for sure, but the team has been poorly managed for a long, long time, years before Bergevin stepped in.

Also Andrighetto for nothing lol like come on, the trade was dumb but we don't really miss him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->