Proposal: Gallagher for a 1st and a top prospect, no more no less.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
Subban into Weber=huge loss
Sergachev into Drouin=huge loss
Price contract=awful and turns a top 5-10 goalie into a negative asset
Radulov and Markov walk for nothing=so so stupid
Tank Patches value by surrounding him with trash=huge loss
Trade Andrighetto for nothing=pretty big loss
Galchenyuk somehow went from a great 3rd/4th year looking like he had ppg potential into being demoted to the 4th line and not getting C roles despite the team's C depth being the worst in the league and then was traded for Max Domi=total stupidity

The only person worse than Bergevin is Molson for not firing him, he has destroyed the team and maybe the team would've never won a championship with their core, but you can always tweak things or at least get fair value for players, Bergevin has failed and failed badly.
1st bolded: Too soon to judge honestly.
2nd bolded: LOL

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Most of these aren't really reasons behind "destroying the team". I'm not denying the fact that the deals and non-deals with Subban, Sergachev, Radulov and Markov were harmful for us and the result of Bergevin's poor decision making but the whole "destroying the team" goes far beyond Bergevin's actions. He takes a ton of blame for not figuring out what was wrong with the organization, a terrible GM for sure, but the team has been poorly managed for a long, long time, years before Bergevin stepped in.

Also Andrighetto for nothing lol like come on, the trade was dumb but we don't really miss him.

I don't even get your point, his moves have all been awful, they've taken a good competitive team and completely squandered the best assets turning it into a mediocre team with very few truly valuable assets, he can't even get decent value for Patches and yet it's ok because the team has been badly managed before???

He would literally be your 5th best scorer, so you can not miss him all you like, but that actually tells you what a sad state your team is in that you can claim that an asset like him is w.e, which it generally is, but ironically on that Habs team he would be a top 5 scorer.

1st bolded: Too soon to judge honestly.
2nd bolded: LOL

I like this, taking the part you feel is weakest and only commenting solely on it.

LOL all you want, Andrighetto would've been a top 6 player for the Habs, that tells you what a sad state Bergevin has left the team in.

But at the end of the day, if Bergy isn't so bad, ENJOY he's probably staying at least another year, but you'll be enjoying the bounties of his work for a long time thanks to Price and Weber.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
I don't even get your point, his moves have all been awful, they've taken a good competitive team and completely squandered the best assets turning it into a mediocre team with very few truly valuable assets, he can't even get decent value for Patches and yet it's ok because the team has been badly managed before???

He would literally be your 5th best scorer, so you can not miss him all you like, but that actually tells you what a sad state your team is in that you can claim that an asset like him is w.e, which it generally is, but ironically on that Habs team he would be a top 5 scorer.

I very clearly explained to you where the problems were when Bergevin took charge. If you still can't figure it out, and just keep bashing on the Patches return that hasn't even happened yet for crying out loud, then I don't know what to say. And when exactly did I say Bergevin's actions have been okay?

Last time I checked Andrighetto with his whopping 22 points last year would've been the Habs' 10th best scorer so I don't know where you get your stats from.

Deam78

Aug 16, 2017
I like this, taking the part you feel is weakest and only commenting solely on it.

LOL all you want, Andrighetto would've been a top 6 player for the Habs, that tells you what a sad state Bergevin has left the team in.

But at the end of the day, if Bergy isn't so bad, ENJOY he's probably staying at least another year, but you'll be enjoying the bounties of his work for a long time thanks to Price and Weber.

Well yeah, the rest was correct, I only rectified what was not true.

And no, Andrighetto would not be on the top 6. If we actually have one area of strength it's in the wings. No way he would surpass our top six wingers.

Colt55

Sep 28, 2017
st. Louis
In the real world the ask would be Thomas or Kyrou plus your 2020 1st.
Honestly Thomas is a 1c potential center prospect. I love Gallagher but he isn't worth a blue chip 1c prospect like Thomas and a first. I could see kyrou and a first, but would rather see kyrou develop. Wish we could get him just don't see it happening

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad