Proposal: Gallagher for a 1st and a top prospect, no more no less.

Gaud

May 11, 2017
Brendan Gallagher has a chance to establish himself as an elite NHL talent

This is an interesting article, where the author shows the stats and makes a case for Gallagher being an elite in the NHL (his words not mine). Although i find that the stats are tailored to fit this statement (you can prove anything with the right numbers), i'd say they prove Gallagher is definitely a top 6 winger that makes his teammates better.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
I'd trade a top 10 protected 1st + yamamoto for him. We would also need to throw in a cap dump so maybe something along the lines of :

Gally
Lehkonen

2019 1st (top 10 protected)
2020 2nd
Sekera

:)

goonybird

Young boy expert
Jul 9, 2015
NJ offers their first pick in the 2nd round and their top prospect from a few yeas ago

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I'd trade a top 10 protected 1st + yamamoto for him. We would also need to throw in a cap dump so maybe something along the lines of :

Gally
Lehkonen

2019 1st (top 10 protected)
2020 2nd
Sekera

:)
1st (top 10 protect) + Yamo + Lucic
For
Gallagher + Lehkonen

Lets go with this.

Nuge-Mcdavid-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Drai-Pulju
Khaira-Strome-Rieder
Upshall-Brodziak-Kassian

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
For
Gallagher + Lehkonen

Lets go with this.

Nuge-Mcdavid-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Drai-Pulju
Khaira-Strome-Rieder
Upshall-Brodziak-Kassian

Lucic is a negative price to a deal, Habs wont take him if you dont give to compensate is $. Lehkonen is a good prospect so why the Habs want to trade him?

Gallagher + Byron for Pulju. + 1 pick...

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Lucic is a negative price to a deal, Habs wont take him if you dont give to compensate is $. Lehkonen is a good prospect so why the Habs want to trade him?

Gallagher + Byron for Pulju. + 1 pick...
Hard pass. Let me rephrase that, f*** NO!

Plus, Lucic contract is 5 years, Habs wont be competitive for the next 5 years. A rebuild would take 4-5 years if you wanted to go down that route. We could have a conpliance buyout pretty soon here and theres the Seattle expansion coming as well. Also the Canadiens are one of the richest franchises in the league, they can afford the extra pocket change to throw at Milan. Idk why MTL wouldn't take his contract.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
Hard pass. Let me rephrase that, **** NO!

Plus, Lucic contract is 5 years, Habs wont be competitive for the next 5 years. A rebuild would take 4-5 years if you wanted to go down that route. We could have a conpliance buyout pretty soon here and theres the Seattle expansion coming as well. Also the Canadiens are one of the richest franchises in the league, they can afford the extra pocket change to throw at Milan. Idk why MTL wouldn't take his contract.

Habs could take Lucic, but Oilers are the one who need to trade Lucic. So if a team take Lucic, Oilers will have to give a player for compensation (like Teravainen trade Chi-Caroline)

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Habs could take Lucic, but Oilers are the one who need to trade Lucic. So if a team take Lucic, Oilers will have to give a player for compensation (like Teravainen trade Chi-Caroline)
If we have to give a Teuvo level asset to offload Lucic then we are better off just keeping him. Boy does that trade look stupid with how well Teuvo had progressed.

Mike Dukarm

Aug 3, 2018
Montreal
If we have to give a Teuvo level asset to offload Lucic then we are better off just keeping him. Boy does that trade look stupid with how well Teuvo had progressed.

I agreed...

But 2 things... Oilers want to win in the next few years so Lucic contract will not help them for that. Take 6M$ and put it on a better players. He have to do magic and trade him quick.

And with Oilers GM, he could do a trade like Caroline-Chicago.. not great trades in the past...

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
I agreed...

But 2 things... Oilers want to win in the next few years so Lucic contract will not help them for that. Take 6M$ and put it on a better players. He have to do magic and trade him quick.

And with Oilers GM, he could do a trade like Caroline-Chicago.. not great trades in the past...
Yes Chia is stupid but him and Lucic go way back to the Boston days and Im sure Chia thinks Lucic can be some sort of useful throughout that contract. He will not trade Pulju just to trade away one of his Boston boys. If a good trade comes up or if we are forced to trade him then we will. I think Chia has full confidence in Looch to bounce back, I do too. But how many years into that contract will he start to fall off for good?

didimentionlarseller

Snipers are a dying bread in the NHL
Nov 23, 2014
St Henri
For
Gallagher + Lehkonen

Id be kind of interested in something like this if you

Took out the protection on the pick (or top 5 protected)

Switch Yamamoto out for Jones & Marody - i don't know how highly ranked the oilers have them in terms of untouchables etc

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Id be kind of interested in something like this if you

Took out the protection on the pick (or top 5 protected)

Switch Yamamoto out for Jones & Marody - i don't know how highly ranked the oilers have them in terms of untouchables etc
Done deal

1st (top 5 protected + Lucic + Jones + Marody
For
Gallagher + Lehkonen

I would rather have Yamo over Jones and Marody and I think he could make an impact this year unlike Jones and Marody who are probably 1 year in the AHL away. This forward group is nicee.

Nuge-Mcdavid-Yamo
Rieder-Drai-Gallagher
Lehkonen-Strome-Puljujarvi
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Done deal

1st (top 5 pretected + Lucic + Jones + Marody
For
Gallagher + Lehkonen

You realise that this is f***ing putrid value. Marody and Jones arent even close to compensate for Lucic's contract. So that's a first for Gallagher and Lehkonen.

Please.

Reactions: Mike Dukarm

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
Just the fact that this thread somehow reached 25 pages (mostly filled with terrible proposals) should tell you a lot about Gallagher as a player, any team would kill to have him. Simply put, if the offer you make doesn't hurt your soul it means it's no good.. because that's how ANY Habs fan would feel about trading Gallagher.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'll trade you a 1st and a top prospect for Gallagher.

From the Jets? Who would you trade as a top prospect along with a 1st to have Gallagher play on our 3rd line (bc there’s no chance he gets a sniff of top six on our team barring injuries)?

Gallagher needs to play in someone’s top six, Jets can’t offer him that bc we’re too deep at wing already. Our top six RW is Laine & Wheeler.....Gallagher has no chance beating out those guys.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flyerfan52

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
BG may get a first and other futures but a first and a top prospect, No way! I like the guy and his game but he just doesn't have that kind of talent to pull a first and a top prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad