Proposal: Gallagher for a 1st and a top prospect, no more no less.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Holy hell I’ve agreed with everything you’ve said so far, must be because you’ve adjusted the spelling in your handle and you’ve come over to the dark side (firing Bergevin). Hi how are you and welcome

Bergevin lost my support after the Galchenyuk trade. I think we gave up on him too early and didn't really put him in the best situation to produce or reach his ceiling. Domi is a very good young hockey player but we gave up the guy with more upside. The Habs GM is definitely struggling and a change is needed. Took me a while cause I am not the type to hate. I evaluated him year to year and it's been a down hill trend for 3 years now.

Help

Can I help you?
Apr 8, 2011
HELP HELP HELP
Don't think hes worth a top prospect and a 1st i could see a good prospect, but not a top prospect

Hes only had one 50 + point season

Raw totals don't show the whole picture. For starters, it faults him for a coach's underusage. Faults him for injuries. Faults him for the 2012-2013 lockout (a season in which he finished in the top 10 in points/60, including 2nd in goals/60). He's paced for 50+ pace three times. And he's done this despite limited PP opportunities. Despite playing for a low scoring Canadiens team. Despite never getting 1st line minutes.

If he ever gets a year with good shooting luck (and I'm not talking 25% like William Karlsson. I'm thinking like 13%), he's gonna put up 40 goals and people aren't gonna know what hit em

GMpuckFan66

Jun 25, 2018
Nice try but over his 6 year career he averages 23.83 goals per 82 games.
He just had 31 goals and 54 points last season in 82 games. He plays the game so well now and is a strong little demon who gives 100% every shift. He's the last guy on my team that i would wanna trade. I just wanted to see what people's opinions would be. And some other posters are being dispicable.

118 goals over those six years.

118÷6= 19.67 goals per season average.

He's a 20 goal scorer at best with the centers montreal has. Maybe a 25-30 goal scorer with better teams but that still a gamble. Don't see a lot of teams these days willing to pay a 1st and A level prospect for those kind of gambles. More than likely a 1st and B prospect.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005

He's a 20 goal scorer at best with the centers montreal has. Maybe a 25-30 goal scorer with better teams but that still a gamble. Don't see a lot of teams these days willing to pay a 1st and A level prospect for those kind of gambles. More than likely a 1st and B prospect.

You're conveniently skipping that whole half-season lockout thing...

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

He’s had two broken wrists and a lockout to stunt his averages. But I agree his norm should be a little over or under 25 goals and likely more with a better center. With Gallagher, you’re getting more then just a goalscorer, he comes with other intangibles. Given how good his contract is as well, he would fetch a pretty penny. That being said, I can’t see him going anywhere.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Notice the pattern. Montreal asks for absurd amounts for players they are looking to move. The complains they aren't getting fair value. Think harder Montreal. Your team stunk for a reason. You don't have a lot of good players.
You should leave this thread, you bring nothing but bad vibes and insults, goodbye.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

Did you know that you could be a 30 goal scorer and average 20 goals a season over your career that includes your rookie season and etc.?

Who would've thought eh.

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
Love to have Gallagher on the Sens. He's a heart and soul player that can give you 20-25 goals a year, still relatively young and i'm sure he is loved by his teammates. A team wanting to win now would benefit from having him on their roster.

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
Monitored the thread some but didn't see anything regarding STL. What would Montreal fans ask be from the Blues? Curious to see how they value our prospects and who they feel would fit their needs. @Cobra Commander Obviously not having a first next year would mean pushing it out a year and adding a small plus to compensate for the delay ie. a third or upgrading the prospect slightly.

sansabri

a sea of troubles eh
Aug 12, 2005
Monitored the thread some but didn't see anything regarding STL. What would Montreal fans ask be from the Blues? Curious to see how they value our prospects and who they feel would fit their needs. @Cobra Commander Obviously not having a first next year would mean pushing it out a year and adding a small plus to compensate for the delay ie. a third or upgrading the prospect slightly.

Nothing you'd want to give up.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

The average seasons your implying is a 67. 6 game season not a 82 game season.
118 goals ÷ 406 games = .29 X 82 =23.78 so basically 24 goals per season average.

Reactions: Cobra Commander

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017

Marchand in his first 6 seasons 116 goals.
116 ÷ 6 =19.3 goals per season average.
I guess you would have said the same thing about him to.;)

Reactions: Cobra Commander

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
How about Price(1.75 mil retained) and Gallagher.

For

2020 1st, 2019 2nd, A top prospect, Jake Allen, cap dumps. If you win the cup next season add a 2021 2nd.

puckerdude10

Feb 22, 2010
Columbia
How about Price(1.75 mil retained) and Gallagher.

For

2020 1st, 2019 2nd, A top prospect, Jake Allen, cap dumps. If you win the cup next season add a 2021 2nd.

Price doesn't fit into our cap structure long term so that would kill any potential deal. I am essentially trying to pin down how you value our prospects as well as what the Habs needs are and how they prioritize them. I do think Gallagher could get a 1st and a prospect. Which prospects would work for both sides is what I want to narrow down.

Cobra Commander

Sep 30, 2017
Bell Center
Price doesn't fit into our cap structure long term so that would kill any potential deal. I am essentially trying to pin down how you value our prospects as well as what the Habs needs are and how they prioritize them. I do think Gallagher could get a 1st and a prospect. Which prospects would work for both sides is what I want to narrow down.
In the real world the ask would be Thomas or Kyrou plus your 2020 1st.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->