GDT: G16: Avs vs. Perds - Whiskey for Avs Fans, Beer...also for Avs Fans

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018

You can kinda see it here.

As for Zads, he took a puck to the face while a Preds player was trying to get the puck deep on the PP. He went down flat on the ice bleeding and the refs didn't stop the play. Zads got back up dripping blood and finally cleared the zone. Then walked straight down the hallway once he got to the bench. The Avs trainer even jumped on the ice as soon as it happened, even being helped by the Preds bench to get to Zads. Then he noticed for some reason the play wasn't stopped and hurried back to the bench. I tried to find that video, but no luck.

It really bothers me that they didn't stop the play for a player who's bleeding face down on the ice with a possible concussion. I hope something is said.

Not gonna lie...don't see a problem with the way Duchene celebrated. Yeah he raises his hands and kind of eggs on the crowd but I've seen way worse (Ex. Doughty to the Flames fans)

That being said f*** Duchene

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
Not gonna lie...don't see a problem with the way Duchene celebrated. Yeah he raises his hands and kind of eggs on the crowd but I've seen way worse (Ex. Doughty to the Flames fans)

That being said **** Duchene
Rycoft definitely made it sound much worse. The video doesn't have the best angels either though..... So I really don't know, but I agree it didn't seem that bad.

EDIT: Just realized I spelled angels and not angles. :facepalm:

Last edited:
Reactions: cgf and UncleRisto

To the window!
Jan 15, 2011
North Cackolacka

You can kinda see it here.

As for Zads, he took a puck to the face while a Preds player was trying to get the puck deep on the PP. He went down flat on the ice bleeding and the refs didn't stop the play. Zads got back up dripping blood and finally cleared the zone. Then walked straight down the hallway once he got to the bench. The Avs trainer even jumped on the ice as soon as it happened, even being helped by the Preds bench to get to Zads. Then he noticed for some reason the play wasn't stopped and hurried back to the bench. I tried to find that video, but no luck.

It really bothers me that they didn't stop the play for a player who's bleeding face down on the ice with a possible concussion. I hope something is said.

Great, thanks a lot! I got stuck working and was only able to listen to part of the third. That sucks about Z, hopefully it’s not concussion related.

Yeah, I’ve never been a big Duchene fan, but that celebration doesn’t look too bad to me. I bet somewhere @Duchene2MacKinnon gave a fist pump in his basement, though. :sarcasm:

Reactions: AegonLeConqueror

Freudian

Clearly deranged
Jul 3, 2003
We got two weeks worth of secondary scoring in one game.

Burakowski can really snipe the puck when the defense gives him a couple of extra seconds. Unfortunately there isn't a lot of quick decisions to his game in general so there are lots of situations where he runs out of time.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia

Nothing wring with his celebration. The Avs might have had more issues with Forsbergs celly.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Now that was a pissed off team. They started the game looking pissed off. Then the Preds started whining and getting in MacKinnon’s face, and it seemed to piss them off more. Then Duchene and Forsberg scored and did their silly little celly’s, and that seemed to piss them off even more.

So happy they blew out that group of crybabies. Every game it’s the same idiots whining about legitimate penalties. It’s their so called leaders too like Josi, Ellis, and Forsberg. It all stems from Laviolette though because he whines and cries over everything too.

Man the constant Comcast bashing was obnoxious though. What did they have like 10 segments pushing DirecTV? Thank goodness they won because that would have been annoying as hell if they were losing again.

I still can’t get over the fact that the referees refused to blow the whistle after Zadorov got hit in the f***ing forehead with the puck. Even when he was laying facedown in a pool of blood. That’s absolutely insane. Sakic needs to get on the phone asap with Stephen Walkom because it’s clear as day the refs don’t treat him the same way as other players. Anybody else gets hit in the head with the puck and it’s an automatic whistle.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
People are seriously overreacting to the Zads thing.

The Preds had a PP and possession of the puck. Of course the Refs aren't going to blow the whistle.

If the situation was reversed we would have lost our collective shits at the refs for blowing it dead when we had a legitimate chance to score.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003

The Preds had a PP and possession of the puck. Of course the Refs aren't going to blow the whistle.

If the situation was reversed we would have lost our collective ****s at the refs for blowing it dead when we had a legitimate chance to score.

Not a chance. When a player gets hit in the head with the puck and lays on the ice, the play gets blown dead every time, no matter who has the puck. It's been this way for a long time.

It's a matter of safety. That's why Matt Sokolowski ran out onto the ice, and the Pred players helped him. Everyone thought the whistle was gonna blow.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Props to the coach. He said early in the day he had a few specific players he wanted to try together. He puts Nate with Donskoi and Calvert and puts a system in place where Nate stays high in the zone and those guys work down low. Once the puck is theirs they keep Nate high and few days him the puck just like Gabe and Mikko used to.

Mackinnon’s at his best high in the zone because it gives him more space to start skating. Once his wheels start moving in the offensive zone the defense don’t even know how to defend. Since the injuries I feel like Mackinnon was spending too much time down low. His release while walking high in the zone is something else. Waits for a screen and shoots the puck without putting any of his body into it so the goalie doesn’t even realize he’s shooting.

Tweaky

Solid #2
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2009
Singapore/Thailand
Rule 8.1:
When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured control of the puck. If the player’s team is in control of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position.

In the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the Referee and/or Linesman may stop the play immediately.

Zads getting up and making a play is all the refs need to be able to say it was not a serious enough injury to blow it dead on a Pred's scoring chance. Sucks, and I agree that they should have....but they will be able to weasel out of any "consequences" because the rule does not state "must" despite the obvious head injury and standard practice concerning bleeding players.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Rule 8.1:
When a player is injured so that he cannot continue play or go to his bench, the play shall not be stopped until the injured player’s team has secured control of the puck. If the player’s team is in control of the puck at the time of injury, play shall be stopped immediately unless his team is in a scoring position.

In the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the Referee and/or Linesman may stop the play immediately.

Zads getting up and making a play is all the refs need to be able to say it was not a serious enough injury to blow it dead on a Pred's scoring chance. Sucks, and I agree that they should have....but they will be able to weasel out of any "consequences" because the rule does not state "must" despite the obvious head injury and standard practice concerning bleeding players.

Zadorov got up after laying face down and motionless for like 10 seconds though. That wasn't a factor in them not blowing the whistle.

Reactions: flyfysher

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
Makar available? We'll trade you Barrie for him.

Marner available? We'll trade you Kadri for him.

:laugh: in all seriousness Leafs fans shouldn't be concerned about Barrie. It takes him a while to get going usually anyway, combine that with a new team and new environment this year and it may take a little longer.

I have no doubts by January Leafs fans will be praying Dubas finds a way to get him signed to an extension.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Still arguing even after the rule literally gets posted word for word. I'm impressed.

Did you even read the rule?

"In the case where it is obvious that a player has sustained a serious injury, the Referee and/or Linesman may stop the play immediately."

How have you never seen the referees blow the whistle when the other team has the puck after someone gets hit in the head with the puck? It's almost automatic. I've seen it happen to the Avalanche numerous times, and nobody ever gets upset about it.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
MacKinnon is tied for 6th in scoring right now.

The players in front of him:
2 from Edmonton
2 from Washington
2 from Boston
MacKinnon

Solo Artist.

Makar is also 7th in defencemen scoring with 15 points in 16 games.

Gatorbait19

Apr 2, 2019
upload_2019-11-8_8-42-25.gif

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
The only problem I have with the Z play, is the rule even says if they think a player sustained a major injury they can blow it dead. If a player face down on the ice not moving in pile of blood isn't major, I'm not really sure what is.

Clearly it was much more than I blocked a shot and my foot hurts, play sould have been blown dead.

And you know damn well if the roles were reversed and say Josi was down on the ice, the play would have immediately been blown dead. It was a joke that they let that play continue.

Reactions: MarkT

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
He needs to change something. Stick, tape job, religion. Something.

Yea he needs to turn off the magnet that doesn't let him get more then five feet away from the boards and drive the net. Guys with worse shots (for example, Kerfoot) score goals because they know where to go to get them. He either doesn't have the awareness or the willingness to do the same.

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA

If the situation was reversed we would have lost our collective ****s at the refs for blowing it dead when we had a legitimate chance to score.

Nah, I wouldn’t have been mad at the refs. I might have been mad at the player if he popped right up after. Refs are a lot more protective of head injuries these days. It was weird they didn’t blow that play dead, especially with a trainer trying to jump on the ice. But in hindsight, I guess it didn’t matter.

Pierce Hawthorne

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2012
Caverns of Draconis
The only problem I have with the Z play, is the rule even says if they think a player sustained a major injury they can blow it dead. If a player face down on the ice not moving in pile of blood isn't major, I'm not really sure what is.

Clearly it was much more than I blocked a shot and my foot hurts, play sould have been blown dead.

And you know damn well if the roles were reversed and say Josi was down on the ice, the play would have immediately been blown dead. It was a joke that they let that play continue.

It wasn't even a shot on goal or a slap shot that he blocked. It was a quick little flick dump in.

And, I just went back and watched it again, and there was no immediate pool of blood either.

It really did not look like a serious injury and blaming the refs for not blow the whistle right away is dumb.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad