GDT: G16: Avs vs. Perds - Whiskey for Avs Fans, Beer...also for Avs Fans

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
The place is going crazy
(The Avs) are going crazy
And Pekka Rinne got pulled.

Glad, the Colorado based TV watchers could watch what the rest of us have already seen many times. Hopefully, everybody comes back healthy next game.

Avs9296

Jul 1, 2019
What a rip of a wrister by Burakovsky on that goal. Wow. Too bad he needs a lot of time and space to get his shot off. Oh well I still think he's good depth to have.

JLo217

Jul 22, 2009
Reno, NV
The only thing more relentless than the Avs offense last night was the PR slam campaign being waged against Comcast and Dish
Good. Comcast can suck it. They’re as scum of the earth as it gets. Just walk into one of there service centers. You’ll be boycotting after too.

Reactions: MacBradley

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
The place is going crazy
(The Avs) are going crazy
And Pekka Rinne got pulled.

Glad, the Colorado based TV watchers could watch what the rest of us have already seen many times. Hopefully, everybody comes back healthy next game.

Denver-based.
Those of us who live in Colorado but not Denver got a big middle finger yet again.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
6xshODf.gif

Are you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
It was amusing how whiny the Preds were after getting their sticks up in MacKinnon's face. How about you don't do that and he wouldn't need to throw his head back.

MacKinnon, like McDavid, gets hooked/slashed/grabbed non-stop because that's the only way teams can slow him down. You have to be careful because the refs might start looking the other way even more than they already do if you exaggerate too much but sometimes you also have to make it obvious and let them know.

Reactions: MacBradley

MacBradley

May 5, 2014
It was amusing how whiny the Preds were after getting their sticks up in MacKinnon's face. How about you don't do that and he wouldn't need to throw his head back.

MacKinnon, like McDavid, gets hooked/slashed/grabbed non-stop because that's the only way teams can slow him down. You have to be careful because the refs might start looking the other way even more than they already do if you exaggerate too much but sometimes you also have to make it obvious and let them know.

I was pleasantly surprised that the refs were calling penalties on the Preds once they got frustrated and started trying to break guys bones with their sticks. Usually they start letting stuff go if a team is getting blown out or commits so many penalties that they'd spend most the night on the PK.

Reactions: Avs_19

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
To be fair, it's not really an USA problem. I just edited my post because I realized that. Like often I started to think after I had hit 'Post'.

I thought I quoted before you ninja'd your post.
With your edit, my post made less sense.
So I deleted it.

dahrougem2

Dec 9, 2011
Edmonton, Alberta

It just looks bad. Like holy hell does Mattias Ekholm complain this much every single night? That guy might be the whiniest hockey player I have ever seen.

People gave Crosby flack for how he acted as a rookie, but this is a grown man pouting like a little baby after every single call against his team. And legitimate calls, too. Unbelievable how much he whines.

Reactions: Avs_19

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Good. Comcast can suck it. They’re as scum of the earth as it gets. Just walk into one of there service centers. You’ll be boycotting after too.

I agree, but I felt they spent every moment talking about it. When the boys started talking about DirectTV was throwing in Sunday Ticket I was half expecting Phil Swift to join in on the sales pitch.

SirLoinOfCloth

Apr 22, 2019
Colorado
I agree, but I felt they spent every moment talking about it. When the boys started talking about DirectTV was throwing in Sunday Ticket I was half expecting Phil Swift to join in on the sales pitch.

Vic Lombardi addressed this on the Moser, Lombardi, & Kane show this morning on Altitude 92.5FM. Apparently, people were complaining about the game being an infomercial (this was said on this forum a number of times). He basically said that getting the game last night broadcast locally on channel 20 was paid for by Altitude themselves, so they had to get their message out there as much as possible to reach those fans who were on Comcast/Dish as this was their one opportunity to do so.

So hopefully that means we won't have a repeat of that shit again. I mean, this whole season they've been harping on about it on their broadcast, but last night was extra-specially obnoxious.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad