The Merchant

Sponsor
Aug 2, 2011
El Pueblo

giphy.gif

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
My guess on MacKinnon was coaches saw what Nashville was doing to him all the little cheap shots, all the chirping. They looked at the scoreboard and it was 8-3. And said Nate we're going to win this one, we can't afford to have one of their goons take a run at you since Landy and Rantanen are already out, hit the showers and rest up for Saturday. We'll tell everyone you got dingged up so we held out for precautionary reasons.

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
After Duchene goal I was worried but after that the Avs pulled a “statement game”. Hopefully everyone is ok and the team can pick up some steam.

Maximus

Dec 23, 2003
Doylestown, PA
I believe he took a stick to the face but that was about it. He was on the bench all way until the end of the second period so they decided he was out during the intermission.

edit:

Thanks for updates fellas. If we take Bednar at his word, it seems as if we all might have dodged a bullet here with MacK. Hopefully this isn't fake news and MacK will be fine going forward.

chet1926

Jan 9, 2008
Denver
I would like to personally thank Matt Duchene for the win tonight. His goal followed by the shit eating grin, followed by taunting the croud was just the motivation this team needed to awake from their 4 game slumber. Ryker nailed that one at intermission.

All kidding aside, how can anyone tolerate Duchene the hockey player (in fairness he is a great person off the ice who does tons for his community) but as hockey player he insufferable. The guy is the opposite of a winner/team player. He is just so smug. Couldn't be a better fit for a team like Nashville, who is easily the most arrogant team that has never won a damn thing.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
So at least one player is gonna get hurt in every game Avs play this year?

Make this stop!!!

Reactions: MacBradley

Alex Jones

BIG BOWL 'A CHILI!!
Jun 8, 2009
Conspiratron 9000
Nuke is going to Nuke it sooner or later, we all know it.

Naw bro.

Did some digging.

His last NHL goal was on the fourth of March.

Of 2016.

Not a joke.

Including playoffs (big shock, didn't score there either) it's probably been over 100 games for him without a goal. He's not unlucky, he sucks a scoring.

sethro109

🏒 🎮🏈🇺🇸🍻
Sponsor
May 3, 2011
Centennial, CO
What happened to Z? And anyone have a replay of Duchene’s celly?

You can kinda see it here.

As for Zads, he took a puck to the face while a Preds player was trying to get the puck deep on the PP. He went down flat on the ice bleeding and the refs didn't stop the play. Zads got back up dripping blood and finally cleared the zone. Then walked straight down the hallway once he got to the bench. The Avs trainer even jumped on the ice as soon as it happened, even being helped by the Preds bench to get to Zads. Then he noticed for some reason the play wasn't stopped and hurried back to the bench. I tried to find that video, but no luck.

It really bothers me that they didn't stop the play for a player who's bleeding face down on the ice with a possible concussion. I hope something is said.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad