GDT: G16: Avs vs. Perds - Whiskey for Avs Fans, Beer...also for Avs Fans

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Kamenev has been good. I’ve never been his biggest fan, but he’s been good. Not sure if he fits on this club long term or is just a trade chip eventually, but he’s showing something right now.

He played well overall and made a nice play on the Burakovsky goal. Also led one terrible 3-on-1. :laugh:

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Go back and watch the behind the scenes video of his draft. Duchene was always a me-first guy. Sucks things turned out the way they did, it's not necessarily horrible to be a self centered athlete, but his departure sparked the Avs and will forever be worth it.

I remember Duchene being kind of rude to his dad in that video.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Go back and watch the behind the scenes video of his draft. Duchene was always a me-first guy. Sucks things turned out the way they did, it's not necessarily horrible to be a self centered athlete, but his departure sparked the Avs and will forever be worth it.

Every pro athlete is pretty cocky and self centered in some way shape or form. The best know how to utilize their cockiness and mesh it with being a good teammate and Duchene could never strike that balance.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Every pro athlete is pretty cocky and self centered in some way shape or form. The best know how to utilize their cockiness and mesh it with being a good teammate and Duchene could never strike that balance.

That's kind of what I was saying. Some are more than others, and others are just better at hiding it. I have no doubt MacKinnon is cocky as hell and he probably needs to be to preform at the level expected of him. Where as I don't really see that attitude coming from Landeskog.

Duchene just remind me of the little rich bitches growing up thinking everything is owed to them. I have nothing against him and I would be opposed to him finding success in Nashville. He just comes off as a dude I wouldn't want anything to do with.

Reactions: MarkT

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Yep I do. I was a huge Duchene fan when he came into the the league, heck even through his first 4-5 seasons here I loved him. Then all of sudden things started to change with his attitude. He went from team guy, to mopey, whiny, arrogant care about my stats guy you see today.

The Matt Duchene you see today is completely different than the guy who came into the league. Yes I understand players mature as they get older, but his maturation was not in a good way. He just became an arrogant stat driven guy.

You don't win with players like him. He'd rather score 30 goals and 70+ points on a so so team than be a 50 pts guy on a good team. You saw it here first hand. Guy celebrated hard when he scored 30 even though we were terrible and getting our butts kicked that game.

I'm personally glad we moved on from him, it was the right call, let him go collect his precious numbers elsewhere, we are too busy trying build a winning team.

I own a Duchene jersey and have signed gear by him and it pains me, but I agree. Yes I know the world overanalyzed that media day photo where he looked miserable, but he clearly was evolving into a guy who was only in it for himself.

I remember his celebration when he scored his 30th in 2015/16. Sure it’s a great accomplishment, but we were down 4-1 (after the goal) against a top tier division rival and we were barely floating above .500 on the season. He should have grabbed the puck and headed to the bench. Moments like that sum up the player I feel he evolved into.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I hope Z is alright.

I know I’m going to get absolutely rinsed by everyone on here for this opinion, but unless you’re legs are broken I absolutely hate when players lay on the ice. Just go get off even if you have to crawl.

There’s obviously other extreme situations like being knocked unconscious and things like that. And who knows, perhaps Zadorov was so dazed that he legit couldn’t. But if you have it in you at all, go get to the bench.

Tike Myson

Jan 1, 2019
USA
2C02A653-FB8B-4563-AD5F-7DC69F9A6273.png

Reactions: MacBradley

Pokecheque

I’ve been told it’s spelled “Pokecheck”
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I hope Z is alright.

I know I’m going to get absolutely rinsed by everyone on here for this opinion, but unless you’re legs are broken I absolutely hate when players lay on the ice. Just go get off even if you have to crawl.

There’s obviously other extreme situations like being knocked unconscious and things like that. And who knows, perhaps Zadorov was so dazed that he legit couldn’t. But if you have it in you at all, go get to the bench.

Well...to toot my own horn, :party: I never, ever laid on the ice when I got injured. Broke my collarbone in Pee Wee after a dirty hit and suffered a slipped disc (that ended up being a far more serious issue) but made it to the bench both times.

Still, I never got hit in the face with a puck though. That might have left me on the ice for a bit.

Reactions: Cousin Eddie

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
I hope Z is alright.

Didn't he take a puck to the face? It's entirely possible he didn't know he was on the ice for a half a minute.

The tin foil hat guy in me can't help but think the refs lets the play go because it was Z that was hurt.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
I own a Duchene jersey and have signed gear by him and it pains me, but I agree. Yes I know the world overanalyzed that media day photo where he looked miserable, but he clearly was evolving into a guy who was only in it for himself.

I remember his celebration when he scored his 30th in 2015/16. Sure it’s a great accomplishment, but we were down 4-1 (after the goal) against a top tier division rival and we were barely floating above .500 on the season. He should have grabbed the puck and headed to the bench. Moments like that sum up the player I feel he evolved into.
Guys in it for themselves don't take team-friendly bridge deals, hometown discount multi-year contract, then take less than market value for first UFA contract.

The guy was happy about a milestone. You expect him to sulk after hitting 30 for the first time in his career?

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Guys in it for themselves don't take team-friendly bridge deals, hometown discount multi-year contract, then take less than market value for first UFA contract.

The guy was happy about a milestone. You expect him to sulk after hitting 30 for the first time in his career?

Thank you. That one moment has been so overanalyzed and nitpicked it's ridiculous. And Roy mishandled it, like he mishandled a great many things.

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco

He evolved into a guy in it for himself. I don’t think there’s a soul in here that would say they weren’t thrilled when he signed that deal with us.

Also I’m not expecting him to sulk, but I feel like he went overboard considering his team was in shambles from an abysmal season.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
The only thing I'm irritated with Matt Duchene is that blatant hack on Girard's arm. If that turns into an injury I'll be furious, but moreso with the refs who just magically decided this season they weren't calling that anymore.

not a troll

Oct 24, 2012
He evolved into a guy in it for himself. I don’t think there’s a soul in here that would say they weren’t thrilled when he signed that deal with us.

Also I’m not expecting him to sulk, but I feel like he went overboard considering his team was in shambles from an abysmal season.
How did he evolve into a guy in it for himself? All I see is a guy who took multiple team-friendly deals including his most recent contract. He put his money where his mouth is and he took smaller paychecks so the teams he were on would have better cap flexibility. Hardly a selfish act.

By your logic, I'm not allowed to celebrate my birthday if my mom is in the hospital with cancer. Right?

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
The only thing I'm irritated with Matt Duchene is that blatant hack on Girard's arm. If that turns into an injury I'll be furious, but moreso with the refs who just magically decided this season they weren't calling that anymore.

Girard appeared to be in some discomfort on the bench after that. They did call that one though and it helped lead to Donskoi's hattrick.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
Girard appeared to be in some discomfort on the bench after that. They did call that one though and it helped lead to Donskoi's hattrick.

That's true, they did call that one, but I still feel like if they were calling slashing like they did the past couple seasons shit like that would happen a lot less often.

Pokecheque

Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Flatlands
www.armoredheadspace.com
I really wish we could move on from a player who snagged a whole hell of a lot in a trade and hasn't been in Colorado for almost three years now. It's just a lot of wasted energy. He's not necessarily a hero, but he isn't a villain either. It just didn't work out. That's more on the Avs than it ever was him.

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
How did he evolve into a guy in it for himself? All I see is a guy who took multiple team-friendly deals including his most recent contract. He put his money where his mouth is and he took smaller paychecks so the teams he were on would have better cap flexibility. Hardly a selfish act.

By your logic, I'm not allowed to celebrate my birthday if my mom is in the hospital with cancer. Right?

I mean, I wouldn't...
or, more accurately, I didn't.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
I liked TJ Tynan a lot last night. He lead a Bednar coached team in scoring in the AHL a few years ago too so I’m sure he’s one of his boys.

He had one back check in particular which was unbelievable.

Reactions: MarkT

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I liked TJ Tynan a lot last night. He lead a Bednar coached team in scoring in the AHL a few years ago too so I’m sure he’s one of his boys.

He had one back check in particular which was unbelievable.

He also had a really crafty give and go with Jost.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He also had a really crafty give and go with Jost.
Yeah I know the exact play you’re speaking of. It’s nice to have a guy like that who can make plays in small spaces. Mack and Girard are really the only two who can do that right now (and Makar when he’s on his game).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->