TSN: From @GagnonFrancois: Habs should consider trading core players.

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Gagnon is relishing this whole situation. He loves to throw oil on the fire when the Habs are in trouble, being an anti-hab at heart.

JayKing

Go Habs Go
Dec 30, 2011
Montreal
Subban and Price are the only guys I wouldn't trade. Typical Montreal media suggesting moving PK over anybody else wherever it's DD, Pacioretty, Plekanec or Eller. They just can't accept him for some reason.

Sword

May 26, 2014
Subban and Price are the only guys I wouldn't trade. Typical Montreal media suggesting moving PK over anybody else wherever it's DD, Pacioretty, Plekanec or Eller

3 of those players will get you nothing. He didn't say Subban must be traded. He said you should consider trading him if it's for an ''elite'' no.1 center. I love Subban, but if we could get Malkin, I'd totally do it.

Bob b smith

Jan 14, 2007
"Change everyone so you don't change the coach"... I think the saying doesn't go that way.

kingdok

Jun 8, 2004
Yeah trade a top tier D in this league who is 100% dedicated to his team and city.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Gagnon's a Sens fan. Ask him if Ottawa should consider moving Karlsson. If he truly believed Montreal should consider trading Subban, he'd say yes.

Talks to Goalposts

Apr 8, 2011
Edmonton
3 of those players will get you nothing. He didn't say Subban must be traded. He said you should consider trading him if it's for an ''elite'' no.1 center. I love Subban, but if we could get Malkin, I'd totally do it.

Trade Subban for Malkin and you have a gigantic, gapping and unfixable hole at the top of your blueline. You have solved nothing.

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
MB and MT deserve most of the blame but no one saw the sudden significant drop in play from Markov and Plekanec. Dramatic drop. Good job MB extending Pleks in October. Idiot knows no bounds

Err...why focus on just those two? The whole team...the WHOLE team has had a sudden significant drop in play. The only difference is that Markov and Pleks just happens to be the old guys.

ColinO

Jul 24, 2015
Should listen to what Gagnon actually said before criticizing. It was suggested to him that Price, Subban, Patch, Gallagher and AG were untouchable. He said that they should not trade Subban unless there was a huge return. He just didn't want him or anyone other than Price being listed as untouchable. He said that Subban is the only superstar on the ice presently.
As for DD, etc, he said that he has done nothing since the beginning of the year and that others have done nothing either. He also said that MT should have been traded 10 or 15 games ago and that MB's job should be in jeopardy.
He said a lot of things that a lot of people here would agree with.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Trade Subban for Malkin and you have a gigantic, gapping and unfixable hole at the top of your blueline. You have solved nothing.
Exactly, totally pointless. A strong offense with nobody in the back-end to break out is useless. Just look at the Penguins the last few years, they have arguably 2 of the top 5 players in the whole league and are a circus show in the playoffs. I'd much rather built from the back going forward. And if I had to pick a weakness I'd much rather have it up front than at the back. Teams with just offense go nowhere in the playoffs. On the other hand teams that have a strong defense and goalie, but weaker offense have shown they could at least compete better in the playoffs and make deeper playoff runs. Ideally you want to be good at both ends but for me it's much bigger weakness to have holes in the back.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Should listen to what Gagnon actually said before criticizing. It was suggested to him that Price, Subban, Patch, Gallagher and AG were untouchable. He said that they should not trade Subban unless there was a huge return. He just didn't want him or anyone other than Price being listed as untouchable. He said that Subban is the only superstar on the ice presently.
As for DD, etc, he said that he has done nothing since the beginning of the year and that others have done nothing either. He also said that MT should have been traded 10 or 15 games ago and that MB's job should be in jeopardy.
He said a lot of things that a lot of people here would agree with.

Fair enough, I didn't read the blog and jumped to conclusions. Obviously, Price and Subban are the ones you don't trade but honestly, if Edmonton offered McDavid and Nurse for Subban I'd think long and hard and probably make the deal. Price; however, not a deal in the league I would move him for. He's far too important and far too good.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Exactly, totally pointless. A strong offense with nobody in the back-end to break out is useless. Just look at the Penguins the last few years, they have arguably 2 of the top 5 players in the whole league and are a circus show in the playoffs. I'd much rather built from the back going forward. And if I had to pick a weakness I'd much rather have it up front than at the back.

I wouldn't trade him for Malkin, but the Penguins don't have Price in net. Price make any defense better than it is by a lot.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
Fair enough, I didn't read the blog and jumped to conclusions. Obviously, Price and Subban are the ones you don't trade but honestly, if Edmonton offered McDavid and Nurse for Subban I'd think long and hard and probably make the deal. Price; however, not a deal in the league I would move him for. He's far too important and far too good.

Edmonton wouldn't offer McDavid for anyone in the league.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
well, you've solved your #1C issue only to create a different issue on D

PK has the potential to become an ironman a la Suter. The guy has never been injured yet. Malkin gets injured regularly. I'd say that's important to note as well.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Edmonton wouldn't offer McDavid for anyone in the league.

Obviously, but if they wanted Subban and offered McDavid, I would do it. Which means Subban is basically untouchable but not impossible to be moved.

Ultimately I would want them to make him captain and continue to market him and push the NHL to make him the face of the league. He's that good, and that marketable.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I missed the part about Subban. Piss off, Gagnon. Like Kriss said, if Subban gets traded before Therrien's fired, I will throw my jersey on the ice personally and wash my hands of this embarrassment of a franchise. It'd make more sense being a bloody Leafs fan. At least they look competent lately.

Granted, I know we could get offers like Hall or something, but I still say no. Subban is absolutely untouchable.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I missed the part about Subban. Piss off, Gagnon. Like Kriss said, if Subban gets traded before Therrien's fired, I will throw my jersey on the ice personally and wash my hands of this embarrassment of a franchise. It'd make more sense being a bloody Leafs fan. At least they look competent lately.

Granted, I know we could get offers like Hall or something, but I still say no. Subban is absolutely untouchable.

He's untouchable. As you said, I might trade Max for something stupid but not PK.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad