TSN: From @GagnonFrancois: Habs should consider trading core players.

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Before any players are traded the coach should be changed. This is the same group that looked so good for the first 26 games. MT started messing with the lines when Price got injured even though we were still doing well. He then lost his mind and decided that the grind was the dance for this team, the rest is sad history. There is no way this group of forwards or team for that matter is as bad as is showing now, no way.

CHaracter79

Apr 21, 2014
I would never trust a journalist that pisses all over 27 and 81 without once on Antichambre mentioning the piss poor play of 51.

And this includes everyone on Anti Chambre other then Damphousse, Tenderness and PJ

Even though all three of those arent journalists. As entertainers anyway

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I don't consider those types of players to be a part of the core. Core guys are price, Pacioretty, and subban. They should not be traded.

Plus Gallagher, no?

Everyone else should be on the market, for the right price. Of course, you don't trade everyone else, but you gotta make them available to help secure the few deals on which you'll find takers.

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Plus Gallagher, no?

Everyone else should be on the market, for the right price. Of course, you don't trade everyone else, but you gotta make them available to help secure the few deals on which you'll find takers.

You're right about gallagher. Braincramp on my part.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Before any players are traded the coach should be changed. This is the same group that looked so good for the first 26 games. MT started messing with the lines when Price got injured even though we were still doing well. He then lost his mind and decided that the grind was the dance for this team, the rest is sad history. There is no way this group of forwards or team for that matter is as bad as is showing now, no way.

And there is no way that they're that early season team. Nor that they don't have scoring issues.

Everyone was up in arms about last year's scoring drought during the playoffs. What has been done since? You can't have a team crater on account of one player -- there is more to this than meets the eye. Could be most of it is on MT, maybe the players don't want to produce for him or they know he'll be sacked so why sacrifice themselves for a lame duck coach? There is a huge scoring paucity on this team, followed by a size/ physicality shortcoming. Four years and we're nowhere close to closing these gaps. So much for the current group of forwards passing the litmus test.

BenchBrawl

Jul 26, 2010
Trade Pacioretty.Kill two birds with one stone, you can get value from Pacioretty, and you smoothly change the leadership and give the C to Gallagher.

bbob

Nov 27, 2015
IT'S such a dumb thing to think of! FG says you trade a Norris d and top 5 d in league in order to get that #1C to help patches out. So he is saying trade the best player to help a streaky scorer, how are these ppl in the hockey world?? The smart thing to do is trade patches for a #1C instead of your Norris d, cause wingers are easier and more around then a #1d which all teams need.

Again mb could have changed the team for the better by giving patches for Johansen as cjb wanted pk or patches. This should have been done cause the teams core would be set at all main positions to build around. Cause you want a young #1C to control for years and not an Eric Staal at the downward of career. Getting 1st ov with Mathews(#1C) is the only good that can help the Habs right away without major player trade

MakeTheGoalsLarger

Dec 9, 2011
Antarctica
please trade: Plekanec, Markov
buy out: dESHARNAIS
would like a trade but will never happen: Pacioretty
woudn't mind a trade if the other team overpays: Gallagher, Gachenyuk
Trade him and I will cheer for the Leafs: Subban, Price
Little value/who cares: the rest of the team

dreamingofdrouin*

Who do we try to sell at this point is more accurate.

For me it's clearly #14 and #79.

never sell 14 with 2 years at 6, and i doubt markov would sell either with the way he's playing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad