TSN: From @GagnonFrancois: Habs should consider trading core players.

lou4gehrig

Bedard 2023
Aug 2, 2005
Or we should trade non-core players such as Plek, DD, Markov, Weise, Byron, Emelin, Gilbert who take ice time away from our actual core players.

Bryson

#EugeneMolson
Jun 25, 2008
Quick question: Did Boucher ever coach Stamkos? Was he on friendly terms with him? If so... HIRE that guy right now.

He has the ability to coach young skill, something he did quite well in Tampa Bay. Steven Stamkos is a special player, and he went to the next level under Boucher’s watch. Not only did Stamkos emerge as the elite goal scorer that he is, but he also learned the two way game under Boucher. His epic 60 goal season was also under Boucher's tutelage.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bern fired him.

According to this, they couldn't get him to sign a 2-year contractual extension when he indicated that he'd rather coach in North America and told SC Bern that three NHL teams had shown interest in him. Knowing SC Bern wouldn't be able to count on him for much longer, they terminated his contract:

«En annonçant à l'équipe il y a quelques semaines que j'allais rentrer en Amérique du Nord à la fin de la saison pour des raisons familiales, je savais que j'ouvrais une porte, a-t-il déclaré à TVA Sports, mercredi. Je voulais être honnête avec l'équipe, mais je savais que ça provoquerait des remous. J'aurais souhaité poursuivre le travail, mais je connaissais les conséquences.»

Boucher était avec l'équipe suisse depuis janvier 2014. Son congédiement a été annoncé mercredi en début de journée. Selon ce que TVA Sports a appris, Boucher aurait refusé une prolongation de contrat de deux ans de l'équipe l'an passé, affichant en quelque sorte ses intentions. Tout ça, combiné à l'intérêt de trois équipes de la LNH l'été dernier (il a été rencontré par les Maple Leafs, les Oilers et les Devils pour les postes vacants d'entraîneur) ont fait en sorte que le HC Berne savait que ce n'était qu'une question de temps avant que Guy Boucher quitte.

http://www.tvasports.ca/2015/11/18/guy-boucher-congedie

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
Man, we should hire Boucher, and at least try to turn this season around. If they don't, I think that it is acknowledging that we are intending on tanking.

Maybe Bergevin wants to slide just a little bit more. With 5-6 more loses in a row, we'll be down near the top 5.

Apr 3, 2010
Halifax
If he can't coach a team in SWISS, what makes us think he's going to do wonders with a team in the NHL?

That's not fully indicative of how it went down. He had a very good year the prior season, then was released during a slump after he made it clear he would not re-sign.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
What makes us think a guy who couldnt win it with prime crosby and malkin can win in MTL?

Not to defend Therrien too much but Quenville made it to the finals in his third full year as a Head Coach and so did Therrien.....either way, I'm on the fence about the Boucher thing...I like Kirk Muller, but "Le Coach Francais" thing really hurts us.....

TouzY

Dec 1, 2014
Quebec
RDS have the worst hockey "experts" on this planet, only good ones they have are the ones from TSN that come once in a while.

chaosrevolver

Snubbed Again
Sponsor
Nov 24, 2006
Ontario
I never once blamed Boucher for his time in Tampa. The goaltending he had in the last season and a bit was abysmal. Roloson and Garon...lol.

I'll never forget what he did for a guy like PK...so I've been on board with him for a while.

mrcontractor*

Just because he's from TO it doesn't mean he'll want to go there. They're in the beginning stages of a rebuild and he's in his prime. If he wants to win a cup he's much better off here.

Stamkos, Max, Chuck, Gallgagher up front

PK, Markov, Petry, Beau on D

Price in net

That's a scary team. We'd have to dump Pleks to make it happen but that's fine. Eller is the 3rd line center, Chuck is 2nd and Stamkos is first. That's amazing strength up the middle. DD of course would also have to be ejected. If we add Stamkos and subtract DD and Pleks we become immediate cup favourites.

That's a scary team ? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We have all those players now minus Stamkos and it's far from close to scary, or even good for that matter. Stamkos would give them a boost but far from scary :shakehead

CrAzYNiNe

who could have predicted?
Jun 5, 2003
Montreal
He was talking on trading Subban for #1 center yesterday. Before no-trade clause kicked in

I wonder if he really thinks this is a good idea, or if it is simply radio chatter to get people talking. a #1 D, who can win a Norris every year is more valuable to a team then a #1 C.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Man, we should hire Boucher, and at least try to turn this season around. If they don't, I think that it is acknowledging that we are intending on tanking.

Maybe Bergevin wants to slide just a little bit more. With 5-6 more loses in a row, we'll be down near the top 5.

Boucher should be hired with explicit tank insructions.
I'd trust him more than MT not to land us in 9th fn place. :help:

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
I wonder if he really thinks this is a good idea, or if it is simply radio chatter to get people talking. a #1 D, who can win a Norris every year is more valuable to a team then a #1 C.

Not to mention, Subban on his own generates nearly as much, at times more offense than a lot of these so called #1 centers.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad