TSN: From @GagnonFrancois: Habs should consider trading core players.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
33 years old, visibly declined, no edge to his game, overpaid

There is no rush, given that anyone considering him is going to ask Bergie to eat some of his salary. And when you're forced to eat salary to get a deal done, is there really a rush?

Hey I'm not the one who extended him. As of now I don't see a single reason to trade him. Whereas if we trade Markov we have a window to sign Yandle.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Hey I'm not the one who extended him. As of now I don't see a single reason to trade him. Whereas if we trade Markov we have a window to sign Yandle.

I don't know that Plekanec is useful considering where this team is at and his post-season disappearing acts.

However, I do know you would have done a better job than our friend Bergie -- you would have never signed him to the deal he got. ;)

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
The bare minimum, if we're tanking, is to sell Gilbert for a third and play a rookie more. We'll see if Bergevin does even that.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Knowing how stupid Bergevin is he will probably give away our 1st rounder in the 2016 draft for a rental. As much as I disliked Gainey and Gauthier I think those two idiots were significantly better than Bergevin.
Man has he ever made a mess.

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Plekanec is chippy and defensively competitive, that's why he'd garner more value than Markov. He's fast, he plays a simple game, he slashes a lot without being noticed, he's a playmaking shooter, he's worth keeping... considering he will still hold the same trade value next year. Unless you sign StamkoV and Yandle and Boedker.

If you have Price, Gallagher, Subban, Pacioretty or Galchenyuk on the market, you'd have GM's tripping over themselves in trying to aquire them......as for Plekanec, maybe 3-4 teams would be interested, but Bob Mckenzie figures there's NONE!!

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
Knowing how stupid Bergevin is he will probably give away our 1st rounder in the 2016 draft for a rental.As much as I disliked Gainey and Gauthier I think those two idiots were significantly better than Bergevin.

What First Rounders has Bergevin traded in the past??? Stupid is the notion that he would do this based on that very action never happening. :shakehead

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
If you have Price, Gallagher, Subban, Pacioretty or Galchenyuk on the market, you'd have GM's tripping over themselves in trying to aquire them......as for Plekanec, maybe 3-4 teams would be interested, but Bob Mckenzie figures there's NONE!!

it's a contract thing. If he were on his last year a dozen teams would probably be interested.

Sorinth

Jan 18, 2013
it's a contract thing. If he were on his last year a dozen teams would probably be interested.

Agreed, but that seems to be a pattern with Bergevin. He's always handing out his extensions too early. He did with Desharnais, Emelin, Therrien, and it's looking like Plekanec as well.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
Anyone not named Price or Subban or their 1st round pick. That would change of course if the Habs received a crazy offer for either player. Remember, If Gretz can be traded...

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
Agreed, but that seems to be a pattern with Bergevin. He's always handing out his extensions too early. He did with Desharnais, Emelin, Therrien, and it's looking like Plekanec as well.

To be fair, I think Plekanec would be fine if Therrien wasn't jiggling him around like some deluded circus clown. In fifty games, Plek has centered, Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Eller, Weise, DPS, Andrigetto, Carr, Byron and Flynn. It's asking a bloody lot for any center to adjust to the sheer volume of wingers Plek has been subjected to. What's worse, only two qualify as legitimate top six wingers. Both Galchenyuk and Eller play better at center, especially the latter, while Ghetto and Carr are rookies, and the rest have no business being anywhere near the top six.

So once again, we return to our supposedly 'great' coach and his deplorable lineup combinations.

Adriatic

Feb 27, 2004
Knowing how stupid Bergevin is he will probably give away our 1st rounder in the 2016 draft for a rental. As much as I disliked Gainey and Gauthier I think those two idiots were significantly better than Bergevin.
Considering he's never traded a first round pick before you make no sense.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
If we trade Subban before firing Therrien, I will quit on this team. This would be Tremblay Roy all over again.

DangerDave

Mete's Shot
Feb 8, 2015
T.O
Well of course you have to consider it if someone comes up with a ridiculous return. I wouldn't go shopping them around though.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
MB and MT deserve most of the blame but no one saw the sudden significant drop in play from Markov and Plekanec. Dramatic drop. Good job MB extending Pleks in October. Idiot knows no bounds

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->