GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I said that no team would trade for him IF he needed surgery and I still believe that.

The level of interest in him does seem to indicate that perhaps he doesn't need surgery. If that's the case then teams will have to pay full value. Buffalo CANNOT lose this trade. There will be no "west coast" discount.
Your staunch confidence that you know exactly what's going on even as your stances wildly shift is incredible.

He's fully healthy now everyone, Tom's got it figured out again.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I don't think any team wants to lose the trade....that's how trades work.

I just don't understand why you hate/don't wont Eichel sooooo bad. First it was that he was injured, now its because buffalo can't lose a trade? Why wouldn't your position be, like most here, that Eichel would be a great add, depending on the cost?

Buffalo is in a bad spot. Do you really think they want a malcontent captain, with a pending NTC, leading their youth. Kevin Adams himself said he didn't want players who didn't want to be there. Do I think Eichel gets traded for scraps? No. But I don't think they are exactly dealing from a position of strength.

GMKA has demonstrated the ability to be patient. If Eichel comes back healthy and plays well then teams will line up for him at the TDL. He'll get full value. In the meantime, GMKA waits.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
GMKA has demonstrated the ability to be patient. If Eichel comes back healthy and plays well then teams will line up for him at the TDL. He'll get full value. In the meantime, GMKA waits.

It's easy to be patient during the summer. It's a lot harder to have a cancer in the locker room with a looming gun to your head (NTC).

Reactions: duckpuck

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I can't buy that one. How does a team acquire someone who needs surgery two months before the season starts? He'll miss probably half the season even if all goes well. Too risky for most teams including the Ducks. GMBM doesn't take those kinds of risks.
Don't really agree. Its a 5 year contract. If the feel comfortable with what doctors say recover will be like you can make the deal now. He might not be available on 6 months. Very clearly teams don't think the risk is worth what Buffalo is asking

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
It's easy to be patient during the summer. It's a lot harder to have a cancer in the locker room with a looming gun to your head (NTC).

Eichel won't do himself any favors if he continues to act like the immaturity jerk he seems to be. Teams don't want those kinds of players in their locker rooms. He'd best be on his best behavior because he is auditioning whether he likes it or not.

Rooch

Jul 22, 2021
Eichel won't do himself any favors if he continues to act like the immaturity jerk he seems to be. Teams don't want those kinds of players in their locker rooms. He'd best be on his best behavior because he is auditioning whether he likes it or not.

How exactly has his behavior been that of an "immaturity jerk"?

Reactions: Getz2noone
Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
Man. The no-moves I guess have really given me no hope for this team for the next season.

I get that some teams overpaid some FA’s, but man. You would think that we would be in on some of these guys, excluding Eichel.

Reactions: Tony O

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
There is zero incentive for Eichel to “behave”. He has a guaranteed 50M coming his way. If the team he is traded to pays a lower price for him…that’s actually good for Eichel. Why would he want to go to a team that strip mined itself to acquire him? If he doesn’t want a lifetime of pain, that’s his decision. He’s either going to get traded at some point, or he’s going to sit there and still get paid.

I still don’t want him, because spinal injuries are scary, and because I just don’t see him going for a price I think the Ducks can afford, and because the Ducks will be an even more crappy team than Buffalo and he will have a NTC that he can then inflict on the Ducks to get out when we still suck in 2-3 years. But that doesn’t mean I don’t think he holds all the cards.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

Worked just fine for Pronger, Trouba, Spezza, Coffey, Roy Ect.

When you Elite, teams are happy to take guys who demand trades.

Reactions: Getz2noone

SoCal Dreaming

Sponsor
Oct 6, 2020
It doesn't seem like the Eichel trade will be done anytime soon. It depends on how much Eichel camp is pressuring Adam..

Murray shouldve planned it out better and gave them a deadline before FA happens. Atleast he couldve made some signing and trades to improve the roster.

Murray seem like an ex gf that's just putting their life on hold, waiting in case the guy changes his mind and take her back.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
To sum up Murray as GM in this Music Video:

No offense meant towards Canadians, this is just a 'Weird Al' parody of 'American Idiot' song by Green Day.
Its like watching the Adventures of Bob Murray and Randy Carlyle.
Cameos by John Candy and Dan Aykroyd.

Son of Gib

Nov 14, 2017
Los Angeles
It doesn't seem like the Eichel trade will be done anytime soon. It depends on how much Eichel camp is pressuring Adam..

Murray shouldve planned it out better and gave them a deadline before FA happens. Atleast he couldve made some signing and trades to improve the roster.

Murray seem like an ex gf that's just putting their life on hold, waiting in case the guy changes his mind and take her back.
But on the other hand, we're a team (perhaps the ONLY team) that can afford to be patient and wait it out because we don't need to be good next year. Vegas is now out because Buffalo took too long and they said screw it, we're signing people. They're down to like 2 dance partners now, which means value decreases.

Tony O

May 31, 2011

Can we make t-shirts with this quote?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca