GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Alright this line proves to me that you’re more interested in being right over anything else.
Didnt he pump up mctavish for like the last 3 weeks

but now hes a trash offer lol

and went on long rants about eichels health... but now thinks hes going to get full value...

i really dont get him as a poster... hes just an oddball

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
why should I delude myself into thinking GMBM is going to steal Eichel? Maybe that works for you but it doesn't for me. So please spare of us all your outrage when the price turns out to be sky high.

if he agrees will you spare us the need to constantly remind us that you despise the thought of getting Eichel? It’s getting weird

Reactions: Getz2noone

darkwingduck

Nov 7, 2014
Mission Viejo, CA
why should I delude myself into thinking GMBM is going to steal Eichel? Maybe that works for you but it doesn't for me. So please spare of us all your outrage when the price turns out to be sky high.

You didn't say that you believe the price is gonna be sky high, you posted that you "hope" the price is sky high to punish Anaheim. For what purpose?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
And it’s not even being right, in any consistent way, it’s entirely disingenuous. On the one hand he’s against trading for him in the first place given the medical uncertainty, on the other he’s insisting that Buffalo will demand a price that basically ignores the medical uncertainty that leads him to advise against trading for him, in the first place.

For whatever reason the remaining teams in the hunt don't seem to care about his medical issues. Maybe they know something we don't or maybe they have the dumbest GM's in the league. We'll find out shortly.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Are you going to like comeback and apologize for being a weirdo if the price is in the range of what people suggest?

You were super high on mctavish the last few weeks... but now you think hes trash?

Reactions: Son of Gib

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
why should I delude myself into thinking GMBM is going to steal Eichel?
Will you delude yourself into considering it to be „likely“ that Drysdale turns into the next Makar if he isn’t dealt? Because the factual odds for our pick to turn into Wright aren’t making that part of your earlier prognosis likely.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
That's a terrible return for Buffalo.

And Buffalo isn't going to want the 22 1st to be unprotected exactly because of what it could turn into.

If the Ducks get Eichel they are going to pay. And I hope Buffalo makes them bleed.

You are a strange cat. You go from arguing Eichel is worthless, to arguing he is worth a ton, depending on what is convenient or confrontational.

You are an Anaheim fan, but want them to get rocked if they trade for Eichel.

The only thing I can surmise at this point is that Eichel 100% wronged you somehow. Deeply wronged you.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Will you delude yourself into considering it to be „likely“ that Drysdale turns into the next Makar if he isn’t dealt? Because the factual odds for our pick to turn into Wright aren’t making that part of your earlier prognosis likely.
Thats the other odd part

Drysdale becoming makar
or
our 1st becoming wright

is about as likely as us getting eichel for mctavish + 1st(top 3 protected) + dostal/perreault + lacombe

Reactions: Vipers31
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
You are a strange cat. You go from arguing Eichel is worthless, to arguing he is worth a ton, depending on what is convenient or confrontational.

You are an Anaheim fan, but want them to get rocked if they trade for Eichel.

The only thing I can surmise at this point is that Eichel 100% wronged you somehow. Deeply wronged you.
It does seem sorta personal.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
For whatever reason the remaining teams in the hunt don't seem to care about his medical issues. Maybe they know something we don't or maybe they have the dumbest GM's in the league. We'll find out shortly.
What are you basing this on? Maybe all teams in the running are entirely aware of the very obvious medical issues and are making offers that reflect the risk? Would that be so far fetched?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What are you basing this on? Maybe all teams in the running are entirely aware of the very obvious medical issues and are making offers that reflect the risk? Would that be so far fetched?
I honestly feel like if a package that was in the range of drysdale + unprotected 1st was anywhere near on the table buffalo would have already sent eichel away.

Reactions: robbieboy3686

TheGoodShepard1

Dongle Digits. Fire Newell Brown
Nov 26, 2017
I don’t envy the mod’s job of having to come in here and clean this thread up, but the powder keg has been on edge for awhile and now it has exploded, so I’ll enjoy it while I can

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

I have to now believe he is healthy which is why several teams are still after him. If he's healthy Buffalo can demand full value. And most importantly Buffalo cannot lose this trade. Prepare yourself accordingly.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
It does seem sorta personal.
To be fair, his opinions regarding have been relatively unpopular to put it nicely. Its not really a crazy opinion to hold as we don't know anything really about Eichels actual health situation. We ASSUME the team does and by extension are ok with it if they are considering a deal. Doesn't seem like a on assumption he's willing to make. That being said its still a bit of a spiteful comment.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Didnt he pump up mctavish for like the last 3 weeks

but now hes a trash offer lol

and went on long rants about eichels health... but now thinks hes going to get full value...

i really dont get him as a poster... hes just an oddball

The proposal was Comtois OR McTavish plus other prospects. That's less than what was being proposed last week when it was Comtois AND 3OA plus other prospects. If it wasn't good enough last week, how is it better this week when it's actually worse????

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I have to now believe he is healthy (...)
Why? You literally do not have to. It goes entirely against everything you were convinced of about his medical situation a couple weeks ago. Nothing meaningful happened since, he skated once or a couple times, far from anything resembling a practise, let alone contact drills.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I have to now believe he is healthy which is why several teams are still after him. If he's healthy Buffalo can demand full value. And most importantly Buffalo cannot lose this trade. Prepare yourself accordingly.

To be fair, his opinions regarding have been relatively unpopular to put it nicely. Its not really a crazy opinion to hold as we don't know anything really about Eichels actual health situation. We ASSUME the team does and by extension are ok with it if they are considering a deal. Doesn't seem like a on assumption he's willing to make. That being said its still a bit of a spiteful comment.

It's kind of you to try and find an explanation that makes it look less weird, but as you can see in the quote above, he in fact has made that assumption.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

Well if he is healthy, what are you going to do with the 10,000 posts you made reminding everyone he needs potentially life altering surgery? What about the 7 full days you spent researching various neck surgeries and their respective risks?

If him being a huge health risk was the primary reason you didn't want him before, what is the issue now? Is it the cat thing I suggested?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Why? You literally do not have to. It goes entirely against everything you were convinced of about his medical situation a couple weeks ago. Nothing meaningful happened since, he skated once or a couple times, far from anything resembling a practise, let alone contact drills.

I'm simply basing on the level of interest. Assuming that no team would be insane enough to acquire a player who needs neck surgery, the continued interest (which seems to be intensifying) would indicate that he is healthy. Occam's Razor.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad