GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Just want Getz back at this point. If it’s over a few dollars not going to be happy. Ducks can afford any counter offer. If Getz wants to move on, which I don’t think he does, but if he does then not much more can be done. This off season has been just awful for this team.

Henrique Iglesias

Jun 15, 2009
Alberta, Canada
After listening to that Cam and Strick podcast last night, I’d be surprised if Getz stays in Anaheim. Unless he’s just posturing, it sure sounded like he’d like to try playing on a competitive team.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
After listening to that Cam and Strick podcast last night, I’d be surprised if Getz stays in Anaheim. Unless he’s just posturing, it sure sounded like he’d like to try playing on a competitive team.
Trying to listen to the podcast now that I'm bored at work. I already want to throw my headphones out the window after first minute. What time does the interview start?

EDIT: Begins at about 58:00 minute mark for anyone interested. These guys are obnoxious.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Yep, same. It pains a lot to hear it but that just sounded like reality and I can't blame him, he's competitive.
I wonder if we will be parting with more core pieces now.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
Well, after listening to that interview I couldn't take it as an omen of anything to come at FA. I'm gonna go ahead and say he'll re-sign.

I agree, it wasn't as directed toward leaving as some are making it out to be.

Also sounds like he's only interested in a 1 year deal.

ayrton2388

May 23, 2014
Just want Getz back at this point. If it’s over a few dollars not going to be happy. Ducks can afford any counter offer. If Getz wants to move on, which I don’t think he does, but if he does then not much more can be done. This off season has been just awful for this team.

Awful, why?
We saw Bob making a play for Eichel, we saw him trying to trade for the #1 pick a few days ago, we saw him making the smart decision and not biting on sending Zegras or Drysdale to Buffalo. There was no way for us to keep all of Fleury, Steel and Jones after the entry draft, a decision had to be made. And i don't think the MacTavish pick is that bad, even at #3. If that's who the team wanted, they made sure they got him.

What am i missing?

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
stop giving me hope Static. Everyone knows Anaheim is always the bridesmaid
That dude is a hack, so just take every grain of hope with some salt. The one thing is he does have Boston sources and that's where eichel is holed up.

duxfan1101

Sep 20, 2014
California
Murray has been suspiciously quiet up to this point. Even if he doesn’t make a big trade, he’s usually one to make a couple smaller ones by now. He definitely has something going on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad