GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Getzy pointed out being excited to work with the new assistants in the interview. Wonder if his patience was running thin with the staff last year, lol

405Entrance

Feb 8, 2020
I have no idea who the guys bargain bin bob signed are but hopefully we can get a guy who will put in some effort

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal

Hopefully...

I think Getzlaf loved seeing Zegras and Drysdale out on the ice. He's just an optimistic and loyal player. So far we've lost D Fleury and F Heinen. Losing Heinen gives Volkov a possible third line possibility.

Comtois - Zegras - Rakell
Terry - Rico - Silf
Jones - Lundestrom - Volkov
Des - Grant - Carrick
Steel
Who are we going to trade away for a roster spot when we do make a trade for two top-6? I don't see us sneaking Steel, Volkov, or Carrick down to the AHL... okay... maybe Carrick. I guess we can run only 6D so we can carry 15F.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Hopefully...

I think Getzlaf loved seeing Zegras and Drysdale out on the ice. He's just an optimistic and loyal player. So far we've lost D Fleury and F Heinen. Losing Heinen gives Volkov a possible third line possibility.

Comtois - Zegras - Rakell
Terry - Rico - Silf
Jones - Lundestrom - Volkov
Des - Grant - Carrick
Steel
Who are we going to trade away for a roster spot when we do make a trade for two top-6? I don't see us sneaking Steel, Volkov, or Carrick down to the AHL... okay... maybe Carrick. I guess we can run only 6D so we can carry 15F.
I assume Rico would be gone... and isnt silf going to be injured for majority of the first half.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I would like to seem them get an upgrade over Max Jones or Sam Steel. Or just play Steel as 3rd line LW

If you put together a lineup with players playing on their correct Wing:
Comtois/Zegras/Rakell
Henrique/Getzlaf/Terry - If you swap Henrique for Jones in this line you don't want Jones in a Top6 role making mistakes.
Jones/Lundestrom/Silf - Jones low hockey IQ doesn't fit with these smart defensive forwards
Grant/Steel/Volkov - offwing is natural for Russians.

or
Steel/Lundestrom/Silf
Jones/Grant/Volkov

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'll be honest. I still don't get the love for Lundestrom. Hos offense is very limited. He has a decent shot and has great puck control but he Doesn't do anything with it.

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
I'll be honest. I still don't get the love for Lundestrom. Hos offense is very limited. He has a decent shot and has great puck control but he Doesn't do anything with it.
Murray might have screwed his development :(
When they drafted him he was described as high floor low ceiling Center and the Ducks had known that Kesler would be out for a while to start next season.
and of course Lundestrom goes straight to the NHL.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
Murray might have screwed his development :(
When they drafted him he was described as high floor low ceiling Center and the Ducks had known that Kesler would be out for a while to start next season.
and of course Lundestrom goes straight to the NHL.
I still think that's a decent description but a lot of posters here seem to have a much higher regard for him than Steel. I just don't see it. Id rather have the guy with the higher offensive upside with better players.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I would like to seem them get an upgrade over Max Jones or Sam Steel. Or just play Steel as 3rd line LW

If you put together a lineup with players playing on their correct Wing:
Comtois/Zegras/Rakell
Henrique/Getzlaf/Terry - If you swap Henrique for Jones in this line you don't want Jones in a Top6 role making mistakes.
Jones/Lundestrom/Silf - Jones low hockey IQ doesn't fit with these smart defensive forwards
Grant/Steel/Volkov - offwing is natural for Russians.

or
Steel/Lundestrom/Silf
Jones/Grant/Volkov

I think jones fits well on that line... hes a forechecker.... and hes solid defensively... if he could learn a bit from lundy/silf. A lot of good checking lines have a good fast/hitting forechecker on them

Reactions: Anaheim4ever

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I still think that's a decent description but a lot of posters here seem to have a much higher regard for him than Steel. I just don't see it. Id rather have the guy with the higher offensive upside with better players.
A lot of posters love Lundy/Terry and hate steel

Even tho very little separates all 3 of them.

Gliff

Tank Commander
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Tennessee
A lot of posters love Lundy/Terry and hate steel

Even tho very little separates all 3 of them.

Lundy who got 1/3 of his points in 1 game.

Anyone who thinks Lundy has top 6 potential needs to give up that hope real fast. He is not a scorer. He never has been and never will be. His best offensive season at any level was 21 points in 43 AHL games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad