GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

JabbaJabba

Dec 22, 2010
Finland
That is what we should have done.

The market at one point was at an extreme high, now it's at a low. I wouldn't be surprised if we sold Rakell, Manson and possibly Gibson, and the return would be underwhelming.

I would wait until the deadline with Rakell and Manson if they want to sell them. Their prices should be all time high. Also, at the moment they could go for a lot as most of the good free agents are gone off the market and the teams that are desperate enough for upgrades could pay a high price for them.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Tony O

May 31, 2011
I would wait until the deadline with Rakell and Manson if they want to sell them. Their prices should be all time high. Also, at the moment they could go for a lot as most of the good free agents are gone off the market and the teams that are desperate enough for upgrades could pay a high price for them.
Or Bob will extend them. Sad trombone....

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Interesting that at 4:40 GMBM mentions getting "another center" when discussing Zegras. He wants Eichel IMO.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Interesting that at 4:40 GMBM mentions getting "another center" when discussing Zegras. He wants Eichel IMO.

Hasn’t that been obvious for a while…. He wants eichel without giving up zegras… if Buffalo considers zegras a must….. then there really isn’t a trade to be made.

My guess is bobs put up some pretty good prospect/pick trades and Buffalo is holding out for zegras

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
As much as I’d like to see Eichel in Anaheim, I don’t think you trade either Z or D. I’m sure that’s why we haven’t seen a trade.
Yeah, and I think it's heartening that even though the teams are clearly circling each other looking for a deal, it hasn't happened yet. BM sees this clearly, so good. If they'd rather hold Eichel until his NTC kicks in while holding out for Zegras/Drysdale, so be it.

HunterDuck

Jan 18, 2015
OC Vibe
It is good but I’m still worried Buffalo will just bend over for some other team out of the blue for an inferior deal.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
It is good but I’m still worried Buffalo will just bend over for some other team out of the blue for an inferior deal.
I get it but that doesn't seem worth worrying about if the price to avoid it is one of Zegras/Drysdale. Of course we'd rather they take our inferior package over someone else's (this was also my dating motto) but hey, stuff happens in negotiations.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Wow, Krejci and Boston had a verbal agreement and now he's gone. That's a big blow.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Yeah, and I think it's heartening that even though the teams are clearly circling each other looking for a deal, it hasn't happened yet. BM sees this clearly, so good. If they'd rather hold Eichel until his NTC kicks in while holding out for Zegras/Drysdale, so be it.
I do wonder how much pressure bob feels to get this done if nothing else materializes and this negotiation continues to drag. The sunk cost debate.

He has to know it will be a colossal failure to go into next season with the same roster.

Reactions: DavidBL
Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I do wonder how much pressure bob feels to get this done if nothing else materializes and this negotiation continues to drag. The sunk cost debate.

He has to know it will be a colossal failure to go into next season with the same roster.
I'm sure he will feel it, but it could manifest in ways other than caving on Zegras/Drysdale. Less-than-ideal returns on a Henrique or Rakell or Gibson trade, for example.

Reactions: Static

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

I did not hear it that way at all.

I think he was saying that its too early to know if the kids (Mason and Zegras) will stick at center, and if they don't they will need to get "another center".

Reactions: ShadowDuck

Son of Gib

Nov 14, 2017
Los Angeles

This is what worries me. He might be driven by the pressure to do something dumb, especially with Getz going public about it.

Reactions: Duck Off

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
How many real costly panic moves has BM actually made? I think the fear is a bit unfounded.
Nothing, really. Maybe kunitz for Whitney? Don't think that was really a panic move though.

Any "big" trade the team has made has mostly worked out fine. There aren't any big stinkers that I can remember, other than Ryan Whitney.

terranraida

#RyanGetzlafIsASaint
Feb 27, 2014
Richmond, VA
How many real costly panic moves has BM actually made? I think the fear is a bit unfounded.

I'm not sure about panic trades, but the Chris Wagner for Jason Chimera trade sucked, the Theodore + Stoner deal wasn't great, the Wisniewski one wasn't good since we let Wis sit in the press box, and while not really a pressing trade, acquiring Rene Borque and Jiri Sekac were both awful.

DavidBL

Jul 25, 2012
Orange, CA
I'm not sure about panic trades, but the Chris Wagner for Jason Chimera trade sucked, the Theodore + Stoner deal wasn't great, the Wisniewski one wasn't good since we let Wis sit in the press box, and while not really a pressing trade, acquiring Rene Borque and Jiri Sekac were both awful.
The Wagner trade does stick out but it was also a depth move and not really in the realm of what we're talking about. The Theodore trade had pretty significant circumstances around them and the GM has admitted it was a mistake. I really cant see him making that kind of error again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad