GDT: Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
I'm simply basing on the level of interest. Assuming that no team would be insane enough to acquire a player who needs neck surgery, the continued interest (which seems to be intensifying) would indicate that he is healthy. Occam's Razor.
Or, even more occam-y, he didn't experience a wonder-healing, and the teams interested are making offers that reflect a given risk that nobody really denies.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Well if he is healthy, what are you going to do with the 10,000 posts you made reminding everyone he needs potentially life altering surgery? What about the 7 full days you spent researching various neck surgeries and their respective risks?

If him being a huge health risk was the primary reason you didn't want him before, what is the issue now? Is it the cat thing I suggested?

I repeat...the continued (and intensifying) interest can only be explained by reports the teams are getting that indicate he is healthy. Training camps start in less than 2 months. If he needed surgery I don't think many (if any) teams would still be interested. Just seems like common sense to me. How can any team acquire Eichel for a boatload of assets and then tell their fans to wish him luck while he undergoes neck surgery? Seems implausible.

As for the price to be paid...we'll see. I've made my prediction.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
The proposal was Comtois OR McTavish plus other prospects. That's less than what was being proposed last week when it was Comtois AND 3OA plus other prospects. If it wasn't good enough last week, how is it better this week when it's actually worse????
Did you just ignore the 1st or intentionally? I feel like you need to take a break from the internet for a bit buddy ... Assume they go Mctavish

mctavish, 2022 1st(protectin of some sort), Perreault/dostal, Lacombe

is a pretty good/fair trade, maybe small tweaks here or there

Its better than comtois + 3rd overall.... and in your books it should be better because you spent the last few weeks pumping up mctavish.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Or, even more occam-y, he didn't experience a wonder-healing, and the teams interested are making offers that reflect a given risk that nobody really denies.

I can't buy that one. How does a team acquire someone who needs surgery two months before the season starts? He'll miss probably half the season even if all goes well. Too risky for most teams including the Ducks. GMBM doesn't take those kinds of risks.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
Did you just ignore the 1st or intentionally? I feel like you need to take a break from the internet for a bit buddy ... Assume they go Mctavish

mctavish, 2022 1st(protectin of some sort), Perreault/dostal, Lacombe

is a pretty good/fair trade, maybe small tweaks here or there

Its better than comtois + 3rd overall.... and in your books it should be better because you spent the last few weeks pumping up mctavish.

If the 22 1st is unprotected you might be right.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I can't buy that one. How does a team acquire someone who needs surgery two months before the season starts? He'll miss probably half the season even if all goes well. Too risky for most teams including the Ducks. GMBM doesn't take those kinds of risks.
That point would be why teams would ask for protection on the pick/ or offering less than what eichel is worth.

There are plenty of reasons to assume eichel isnt going to get his full value in a trade.

Vipers31

Advanced Stagnostic
Aug 29, 2008
Cologne, Germany
Okay, whatever, just stick with this angle, then. If he's a healthy franchise player in yor mind, now, you should be most comfortable with paying a price reflecting of that status.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I repeat...the continued (and intensifying) interest can only be explained by reports the teams are getting that indicate he is healthy. Training camps start in less than 2 months. If he needed surgery I don't think many (if any) teams would still be interested. Just seems like common sense to me. How can any team acquire Eichel for a boatload of assets and then tell their fans to wish him luck while he undergoes neck surgery? Seems implausible.

As for the price to be paid...we'll see. I've made my prediction.

You didn't answer my question, but ok.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
From a Buffalo fan on the main board. GMKA isn't dropping his asking price.

Kevyn Adams just finished a press conference. It sounds like he isn't going to waver and if Jack needs to be on the team and play his way out with a good performance then that is well within their plans.

A lot of outsiders need to understand he is in his 2nd year and has been doubted from the start on if he even deserved the job to begin with. He knows he can't fk this up.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
From a Buffalo fan on the main board. GMKA isn't dropping his asking price.
And thats perfectly fine... but no one knows what that price is.

And also no one has to pay that price... Eichel is the sabres problem... and that problem gets much more complicated next year.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
And thats perfectly fine... but no one knows what that price is.

And also no one has to pay that price... Eichel is the sabres problem... and that problem gets much more complicated next year.

I agree completely except for one thing: we know that no one has been willing to pay the price GMKA wants. And we know that GMKA is not prepared to lower his price. If GMBM has a hard-on for Eichel then the price is going to be very high.

Reactions: duckpuck

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
The answer is that the price is going to be very high.

I didn't ask what the price was going to be - I asked what you are going to do with all the posts prophesizing that he was going to need surgery? And why you wouldn't want him if now (apparently) he doesn't?

Oh and what about the cat thing? Did or did not Eichel hurt his neck attaching your cat?

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I agree completely except for one thing: we know that no one has been willing to pay the price GMKA wants. And we know that GMKA is not prepared to lower his price. If GMBM has a hard-on for Eichel then the price is going to be very high.
That def could be a front on his part, hoping to squeeze a little more value out of potential trade options.

Its much easier to say this kind of thing..... but with the injury uncertainty.... and the fact that he doesnt want to be there and seems to have a bad attitude about the whole thing def lowers his payable value from another teams perspective.

At a certain point the fans are going to be annoyed with the situation, its potentially bad around the young team... and realistically the owners are going to wonder what the hell is their 50 million$ investment is doing.

Players like Eichel dont get moved with 5 years on their contract.... it just doesnt really happen so whats the deal? Other GMs and owners are def going to wonder?

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
I didn't ask what the price was going to be - I asked what you are going to do with all the posts prophesizing that he was going to need surgery? And why you wouldn't want him if now (apparently) he doesn't?

Oh and what about the cat thing? Did or did not Eichel hurt his neck attaching your cat?

I said that no team would trade for him IF he needed surgery and I still believe that.

The level of interest in him does seem to indicate that perhaps he doesn't need surgery. If that's the case then teams will have to pay full value. Buffalo CANNOT lose this trade. There will be no "west coast" discount.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Lets say based on his statements today... his best offer on the table is

Mctavish + 2022 1st(top 5 protected) + Perreault + Larsson

BM calls back after hearing that report... BM says okay well make the 1st only (1st overall protected) and swap larsson for lacombe.... then his front effectively got him more trade value on eichel.... an unprotected 1st doesnt guarantee value ... but it does give you more chances to hit a homerun on that part of the value.. and lacombe is bump up on prospects from larsson.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
To be fair, his opinions regarding have been relatively unpopular to put it nicely. Its not really a crazy opinion to hold as we don't know anything really about Eichels actual health situation. We ASSUME the team does and by extension are ok with it if they are considering a deal. Doesn't seem like a on assumption he's willing to make. That being said its still a bit of a spiteful comment.

Several others share the same sentiment (now isn’t the time to pay up for Eichel). However only one poster has consistently went overboard on that narrative and made it… weird.

Reactions: Deuce22

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
I didn’t really need a whole lot of evidence that you were a Kings fan doing a horribly unconvincing job of cosplaying as a contrarian Ducks fan on here, but I’ll take this as a convincing W for my side of the argument
yeah, i got a feeling that poster was a kings fan after they replied to my comment about the kings making moves that'll get them to the 8th seed by saying just wait until the ducks get eichel and they're in the same boat

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Lets say based on his statements today... his best offer on the table is

Mctavish + 2022 1st(top 5 protected) + Perreault + Larsson

BM calls back after hearing that report... BM says okay well make the 1st only (1st overall protected) and swap larsson for lacombe.... then his front effectively got him more trade value on eichel.... an unprotected 1st doesnt guarantee value ... but it does give you more chances to hit a homerun on that part of the value.. and lacombe is bump up on prospects from larsson.

I'd do that. The highest that pick can get and be unprotected 6th overall pick in 2022 is probably in the McTavish/Eklund tier.
Its just the franchise changing level that is in that top 3 of 2022 draft we cannot give up.
Would not considering trading Drysdale or Zegras at all.

If they lose Zegras or Drysdale it will take another tank season to draft their replacement and drafting a replacement for Drysdale will be hard because by far the BPA is all forwards in top3 2022.
Murray would have to do a big reach in the 2022 draft to pick a Dman in the top3

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I said that no team would trade for him IF he needed surgery and I still believe that.

The level of interest in him does seem to indicate that perhaps he doesn't need surgery. If that's the case then teams will have to pay full value. Buffalo CANNOT lose this trade. There will be no "west coast" discount.

I don't think any team wants to lose the trade....that's how trades work.

I just don't understand why you hate/don't wont Eichel sooooo bad. First it was that he was injured, now its because buffalo can't lose a trade? Why wouldn't your position be, like most here, that Eichel would be a great add, depending on the cost? Instead, you post that if we trade for him, you hope we bleed?

Buffalo is in a bad spot. Do you really think they want a malcontent captain, with a pending NTC, leading their youth. Kevin Adams himself said he didn't want players who didn't want to be there. Do I think Eichel gets traded for scraps? No. But I don't think they are exactly dealing from a position of strength.

ShadowDuck

Captain Anaheim
May 19, 2011
Boston, MA
upload_2021-7-29_16-51-51.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad