Speculation: Free Agent Frenzy Part V: Gorton is on McLeod Nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
Maybe I’m missing people but this is what comes to mind. Carp said he doesnt think the rangers number the lines the same way fans do, and that he felt they would keep and play lias on the 4th line rather than send him down. So aside from the kreider line, and depending on the game, give them all the same ice time. Be strategic in your starts and in-whistle matchups, but at 5vs5 just roll each line, unless you have the suggested lias line out there against other teams number1s or a team has a really awesome shutdown line that you want to get Mika/kreids away from.

Kreids-Mika-Fast
Names-Hayes-spooner
Zucc-Chytil-vesey
Ronning/miskanen/belesky-Lias-buch

McLeod 13th

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
Maybe I’m missing people but this is what comes to mind. Carp said he doesnt think the rangers number the lines the same way fans do, and that he felt they would keep and play lias on the 4th line rather than send him down. So aside from the kreider line, and depending on the game, give them all the same ice time. Be strategic in your starts and in-whistle matchups, but at 5vs5 just roll each line, unless you have the suggested lias line out there against other teams number1s or a team has a really awesome shutdown line that you want to get Mika/kreids away from.

Kreids-Mika-Fast
Names-Hayes-spooner
Zucc-Chytil-vesey
Ronning/miskanen/belesky-Lias-buch

McLeod 13th

So you want a rookie + an offensively minded winger + a fringe player matched up against the opposition top line?

Buchnevich is utterly wasted playing defense-first hockey. Fast is not best used on the first line either. Why force square pegs into round holes?

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
So you want a rookie + an offensively minded winger + a fringe player matched up against the opposition top line?

Buchnevich is utterly wasted playing defense-first hockey. Fast is not best used on the first line either. Why force square pegs into round holes?

I didn’t say that at all about Andersson’s line, exact opposite actually. It’s clear I said the opposite of what you just said

Said rangers dont number or view the lines like most people do. it’s a new nhl. You run 4 lines. 4th lines aren’t shutdown/goons/defensive/checking lines by default anymore. It could be your 2rd/3rd best line that is your matchup up or checking line and the 4th line is now a 3rd scoring line, or a win the matchup against the other teams 3rd/4th lines on the scoresheet/possession.

Would like to see lias and buch played together. Think it’s a good pair. Lias’s Competitiveness and camaraderie, right play all the time, and goal scoring ability, fit well with what buch does well and what buch needs to improve. Would absolutely LOVE to see ronning make the team out of camp and if he could, that line would be electric

Fast may not be best served on the 1st line (but considering he can hang there (as he has shown) and will benefit #s wise), I don’t see how he personally wouldn’t be best served on the 1st line. But that’s not important. What’s most important is who is kreids/Mika best served by having on the other wing. I think you could try every single ranger on the roster and still come up with fast being the most effective linemate

Square pegs into round holes, putting players over their heads or, they are more talented, so they should play above so and so. That’s square pegs into round holes. I’m actually lookin at the very best fits and putting players in the best situation to have success and keeping getting better

Last edited:

Deleted member 23124

(Yes that’s Jesper Fast, the rangers best HOCKEY player and most reliable/effective player, if you really know what i means)
IF this statement is true, that shows just how badly everyone else on this team was playing.

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Pretty sure McLeod is spending the season in Binghamton in a mentor role. We won’t see him in NY unless there’s a rash of injuries.

Good Intentions

Mar 30, 2018
Pretty sure McLeod is spending the season in Binghamton in a mentor role. We won’t see him in NY unless there’s a rash of injuries.

Unless he’s accepting an assistant coach job at University of Binghamton, he probably will be playing at MSG for a handful of games, and then Hartford.

Kakko Schmakko

Feb 24, 2018
So far, since they announced the rebuild we really only showed that we are rebuilding in 3 things:

1. trading away Mcdonagh for picks and prospects (Miller for Namestnikov was a lateral move, and trading away impending UFAs at the deadline is a standard practice for teams that realize they won't make the playoffs)
2. hire rookie coaching staff
3. not sign any big UFAs

This is not a rebuild, just a simple retool, and an excuse to get rid of a previous coach. In fact if we make no further trades, I would be a bit surprised if we don't make the playoffs this season.

Fvital92

Jul 7, 2017
Brazil
The team is divided into two parties:

The Shattenkirk Wedding People - Hayes, Skjei, Shattenkirk, Brendan Smith, Chris Krieder, Jimmy Vesey

Vs.

The Fast Wedding People - Lundqvist, Zuccarello, Zibanejad, Fast

Quinn has his work cut out for him uniting this locker room

#SarcasmOff
Quinn was at Shattenkirk's wedding and ignored Fast's. He chose a side. This season will be a mess.:D

Reactions: Mats Zuccarelli

broadwayblue

Mar 4, 2004
NYC
So far, since they announced the rebuild we really only showed that we are rebuilding in 3 things:

1. trading away Mcdonagh for picks and prospects (Miller for Namestnikov was a lateral move, and trading away impending UFAs at the deadline is a standard practice for teams that realize they won't make the playoffs)
3. not sign any big UFAs

This is not a rebuild, just a simple retool, and an excuse to get rid of a previous coach. In fact if we make no further trades, I would be a bit surprised if we don't make the playoffs this season.

The process just started. There is much more work to be done. This is not going to be a retool.

darko

Feb 16, 2009

3. not sign any big UFAs

You don't rebuild in 6 months.

Reactions: wafflepadsave

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

3. not sign any big UFAs

4. Picking five times in the 1st round
5. Asking Lundqvist to waive his NMC
6. Not playing Chytil and Lias for more than 9 games, making their contracts slide

And then there are the things you don't see that clearly state this is a rebuild.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce