Speculation: Free Agent Frenzy Part V: Gorton is on McLeod Nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
I’m still waiting for Gorton to make those moves everyone told me I was being dramatic and impatient about not being done at the draft.

It’s now July 13th and spooner namestnikov Hayes Zucc Vesey Gilmour O Gara Smith Staal and even friggen mcleod are all still here.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I’m still waiting for Gorton to make those moves everyone told me I was being dramatic and impatient about not being done at the draft.

It’s now July 13th and spooner namestnikov Hayes Zucc Vesey Gilmour O Gara Smith Staal and even friggen mcleod are all still here.

for most of those guys the assets of value we get back are going to be draft picks. so if they weren't done at the 2018 draft than it makes no difference if they are done today or at the deadline cause the picks will be 2019

also I think namestnikov and zucc will be here till the deadline...gilmour and ogara have no value and smith and staal aren't movable.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Sigh, these post limits are so goddamn stupid. Anyways,

I’ve always liked him in the middle but you just nailed it. If this kid wants to be an nhler it’s time to go get it. Needs to make some plays or he’s done. This is a big Big training camp for him. Spot is there for the taking has to beat out Howden which I’m not sure he can do with Howden’s offensive ability.
Yeah, Howden is on another planet than Boo when it comes to facilitating and driving the offense from around the net. I don’t think he has to worry about Howden yet, since Howden should be in the AHL and get top minutes there. If Boo wants to make it work, he needs to focus on what he’s good at, which is defensive play and continuing his trends for being a good transition player. His shot was an issue in college, and it never really improved since his draft, so I’m not really ever expecting to see more than minimal offensive output from him.

4C is Boo’s spot to lose this year, and it’d be a shame if he did. His only direct competition is Fogarty and Holland, IMO.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Sigh, these post limits are so goddamn stupid. Anyways,

Yeah, Howden is on another planet than Boo when it comes to facilitating and driving the offense from around the net. I don’t think he has to worry about Howden yet, since Howden should be in the AHL and get top minutes there. If Boo wants to make it work, he needs to focus on what he’s good at, which is defensive play and continuing his trends for being a good transition player. His shot was an issue in college, and it never really improved since his draft, so I’m not really ever expecting to see more than minimal offensive output from him.

4C is Boo’s spot to lose this year, and it’d be a shame if he did. His only direct competition is Fogarty and Holland, IMO.

Do you want the board to crash over every minor trade? Because 5000 post threads is why the board crashes for every minor piece of news that breaks (this is a joke from Archer and I am not intentionally trying to be snarky).

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
for most of those guys the assets of value we get back are going to be draft picks. so if they weren't done at the 2018 draft than it makes no difference if they are done today or at the deadline cause the picks will be 2019

also I think namestnikov and zucc will be here till the deadline...gilmour and ogara have no value and smith and staal aren't movable.

I agree on the picks which is why I said gorton failed at the draft. And if he hadn’t done anything by then he missed his window. We all expected him to add assests instead he gave up a 2nd round pick to move up 4 spots. Awful move. But I was told repeatedly the summer just started I need to give it Time. Which I and anyone else who pays attn to this league without the rose colored glasses on knew was bull

I also expect both namestnikov and Zucc to stay now which is fine for now but namestnikov only makes sense if you are moving Hayes. Which also has not been done.

Spooner is also still here

And not that I expected much of a return but there’s no way that staal Gilmour OGara and Smith should all still be here. Gorton should have found a way to clear some bodies out. He hasn’t. It’s his job not anyone else’s to help the Rangers. He’s done literally NOTHING this summer. NOTHING

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I agree on the picks which is why I said gorton failed at the draft. And if he hadn’t done anything by then he missed his window. We all expected him to add assests instead he gave up a 2nd round pick to move up 4 spots. Awful move.

I also expect both namestnikov and Zucc to stay now which is fine for now but namestnikov only makes sense if you are moving Hayes. Which also has not been done.

And not that I expected much of a return but there’s no way that staal Gilmour OGara and Smith should all still be here. Gorton should have found a way to clear some bodies out. He hasn’t. It’s his job not anyone else’s to help the Rangers. He’s done literally NOTHING this summer. NOTHING

such an exaggeration...he signed mcleod and nieves. thats not nothing :naughty:

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
I agree on the picks which is why I said gorton failed at the draft. And if he hadn’t done anything by then he missed his window. We all expected him to add assests instead he gave up a 2nd round pick to move up 4 spots. Awful move. But I was told repeatedly the summer just started I need to give it Time. Which I and anyone else who pays attn to this league without the rose colored glasses on knew was bull

What’s the rush? It’s 7/13. I’d rather they wait and make those moves at the TDL where there is desperation on other teams ends than forcing a move in July. Enjoy the summer, catch a baseball game, relax.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Do you want the board to crash over every minor trade? Because 5000 post threads is why the board crashes for every minor piece of news that breaks (this is a joke from Archer and I am not intentionally trying to be snarky).
Just nuke the lounge and set a posting limit from Toronto teenagers and it’ll solve all of your problems.

But seriously, it should be on a board-by-board basis. Make monthly threads for these big topics like the spec thread and let the rest take care of themselves.

Back on topic, I’m guessing we’ll find out about the other guys relatively soon. I wonder if Chicago clearing some space to make a move for Skinner, Patches, or Faulk opens things up a bit. The EK bottleneck has been a tad annoying.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
What’s the rush? Now it’s wait till the trade deadline lol.

No no no that’s not how it works. NOW we have to wait till the trade deadline because our GM set us back a summer by not doing his job this summer. That’s koolaid talk right there.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
and to be captain obvious I'd much rather gorton to take forever to make a move than to make a bad deal just for the sake of making a move

Reactions: bernmeister

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

No no no that’s not how it works. NOW we have to wait till the trade deadline because our GM set us back a summer by not doing his job this summer. That’s koolaid talk right there.

what makes you think there were moves to be made? so if he traded hayes for a 2nd round pick you'd be happy cause the deal was done? you'd be complaining that he panicked and should have been more patient lol

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016

Ah yes, you clearly know how it works! The brilliant hockey mind of Kovalev27!

So I drink the “kook-aid” because I’m not complaining about moves that haven’t been made when there really aren’t moves to be made. :laugh:

Dude this is exactly why no one takes you seriously on this site. I would say keep your opinions to yourself, but honestly it’s entertaining so what else you got?

I’ve got a great child’s story for you to read, it’s called the Tortoise and the Hare. You should check it out.

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
It’s his job to find a good deal. You’re telling me he can’t find a team that wants Kevin Hayes? That’s crazy. He never gets anyone’s top prospects anyway so that makes it even crazier.

Couldn’t get a pick for spooner? Gilmour?

He failed.

Like me telling my boss I couldn’t find anyone to do business with me this summer. Think he’d say oh ok it takes two to tango. No

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Ah yes, you clearly know how it works! The brilliant hockey mind of Kovalev27!

So I drink the “kook-aid” because I’m not complaining about moves that haven’t been made when there really aren’t moves to be made. :laugh:

Dude this is exactly why no one takes you seriously on this site. I would say keep your opinions to yourself, but honestly it’s entertaining so what else you got?

I’ve got a great child’s story for you to read, it’s called the Tortoise and the Hare. You should check it out.

The tortoise wins the race because the hare fell asleep. Which is what Jeff did.

By the way get off your soap box Up until 5 mins ago you took me seriously enough to debate me on a subject so who’s kidding who.

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
It’s his job to find a good deal. You’re telling me he can’t find a team that wants Kevin Hayes? That’s crazy. He never gets anyone’s top prospects anyway so that makes it even crazier.

He failed.

Like me telling my boss I couldn’t find anyone to do business with me this summer. Think he’d say oh ok it takes two to tango. No

Sure there may be a team that wants Kevin Hayes, but you don’t just give away a 28 goal scoring 2C for scraps. You don’t know dick as to what is being offered, so what’s the point in getting upset?

Spooner was a throw in for Nash, don’t really see how he has value, and Gilmour? C’mon man, you’re reaching here.

You should probably keep the comparisons of an NHL GM away from your job at Staples.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009

He failed.

you keep bring up gilmour...they aren't trying to move him and he has zero value in a trade

Reactions: haveandare

TheGuarantee

Jul 1, 2016
The tortoise wins the race because the hare fell asleep. Which is what Jeff did.

By the way get off your soap box Up until 5 mins ago you took me seriously enough to debate me on a subject so who’s kidding who.

You’re the town crier pal, I’m just finding it entertaining :)

Kovalev27

BEST IN THE WORLD
Jun 22, 2004
NYC
Sure there may be a team that wants Kevin Hayes, but you don’t just give away a 28 goal scoring 2C for scraps. You don’t know dick as to what is being offered, so what’s the point in getting upset?

Spooner was a throw in for Nash, don’t really see how he has value, and Gilmour? C’mon man, you’re reaching here.

You should probably keep the comparisons of an NHL GM away from your job at Staples.

My job at staples? And I’m the immature one lol.

Ps still not taking me seriously but still feel the need debating me on the players in question makes sense.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
here is another wild and crazy thought...since the trades will be made for future assets. what if JG is being patient because he wants to see some of the kids in traverse city and camp to get a better idea of who might be ready. and doesn't want to blow out all the vets for lesser returns and then be stuck if the kids need time in hartford

Reactions: Lindberg Cheese

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York

I think Spooner probably has actual value and could be moved, but we also have to ice a team that isn't completely depressing garbage. We don't want this turn into Buffalo or Ottawa situation where the team is so bad it sucks the life out of the guys. The rest of those players have no value imo - Gilmour, Staal and Smith.

Hayes I've always been against trading so I'm not upset he's still here. If or when Chytil and Andersson show they're the real deal, then yeah move Hayes but not before.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad