Speculation: Free Agent Frenzy Part V: Gorton is on McLeod Nine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
do the north american and european players not talk to each other? 2 weddings one with all the NA guys the other with all the euro guys lol

I'm not sure how far in advance weddings are planned but it is entirely possible that Shattenkirk had his wedding planned before he even joined the Rangers.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
I'm not sure how far in advance weddings are planned but it is entirely possible that Shattenkirk had his wedding planned before he even joined the Rangers.

a good number of teammates were there so I don't think that was the issue. kidding aside i'm sure the issue is more than likely where the players are during the offseason. the euro guys spent 10 months a year over here and only get a few weeks/months to go home to see family so its tough to think they would fly back just for a wedding. not that they weren't invited...i just thought it was funny that no one was at both weddings

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
The team is divided into two parties:

The Shattenkirk Wedding People - Hayes, Skjei, Shattenkirk, Brendan Smith, Chris Krieder, Jimmy Vesey

Vs.

The Fast Wedding People - Lundqvist, Zuccarello, Zibanejad, Fast

Quinn has his work cut out for him uniting this locker room

#SarcasmOff

tumblr_mlk8n8xVzY1roykc8o4_400.gif

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens

He got engaged after he signed. But I just think it's easier for domestic based players to attend the weddings of where they live.

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
Scott Gomez was one of the best players I've ever seen at gaining the offensive zone from the neutral zone. That being said, he's one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched. It's like he gained the offensive zone with so much ease, but never knew what to do with the puck after that.

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
do the north american and european players not talk to each other? 2 weddings one with all the NA guys the other with all the euro guys lol

It takes a lot of time, including 2 x 8 hrs flight. People don't do that just for a teammate's wedding.

Deleted member 23124

Scott Gomez was one of the best players I've ever seen at gaining the offensive zone from the neutral zone. That being said, he's one of the most frustrating players I've ever watched. It's like he gained the offensive zone with so much ease, but never knew what to do with the puck after that.
I recall many times he'd gain the zone only to find he was alone or there was nowhere to pass the puck.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
He had a 4mph shot...it's amazing he had a 30 goal year with his wussy shot.

Kocur Dill

picklicious
Feb 7, 2010
The team is divided into two parties:

The Shattenkirk Wedding People - Hayes, Skjei, Shattenkirk, Brendan Smith, Chris Krieder, Jimmy Vesey

Vs.

The Fast Wedding People - Lundqvist, Zuccarello, Zibanejad, Fast

Quinn has his work cut out for him uniting this locker room

#SarcasmOff

No lie.
Screenshot that OP.

In 4 months when things aren't going right, that little quip will become narrative in HFB NYR, in arguments as to what is wrong with XYZ***

Reactions: Mats Zuccarelli

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
Brendan should return to form. He hasn't forgotten to play hockey. He was probably the most dramatic case of not showing up ready we've had in 10+ years. He's paid for it, I'm sure he'll turn up fighting.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Brendan should return to form. He hasn't forgotten to play hockey. He was probably the most dramatic case of not showing up ready we've had in 10+ years. He's paid for it, I'm sure he'll turn up fighting.

The thing is, he put a lot of effort in down the line but once you are behind in terms of form, conditioning etc it's really difficult, I'd say impossible, to catch up.

The off-season is his chance to catch up, since they all start at 0 when pre-season begins.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
The thing is, he put a lot of effort in down the line but once you are behind in terms of form, conditioning etc it's really difficult, I'd say impossible, to catch up.

The off-season is his chance to catch up, since they all start at 0 when pre-season begins.

Ya, once the season starts, it's too late especially when he's even further behind in his focus and mentality. We'll have a #4/#5 guy in the lineup with some grit.

NernieBichols

Aug 8, 2011
catching up and I see the Fast talk again 4th/ maybe 3rd.

So I begin penciling my own ATM lineup. And I start with the duo of kreider/Mika which if both players are here opening night will be a duo.

Expected to take the next step and become leaders and 1line producers and 1line matchup and minute eaters.

Buch is the 1st to come to mind bc they obviously have some chemistry and it’s been something management has been wanting to work for 2 seasons now

Vesey comes to mind bc of his skill level, size/speed and the times he has shown flashes of being able to put the puck in the net in a bunch of different ways. Complimentary player right now who might get rolling, get comfortable with his linemates and go for 20-20 while developing into a legit top9 maybe top6 guy who becomes a drury like competitor who can run with a 1/2 line.

But there lies the question with buch and vesey. As good of players as I think they are if they can be (hockey instinct, drive, competitors), can they play against the best teams got and not get the rink tilted on us, can they out compete other teams best matchup/shutdown guys who will sometimes be deployed against mika/kreids.

Or will it/ is it possibly in the teams best interest

(which is long term development and improving of players, making them ceiling players instead of unfulfilled, underdeveloped players)

For Fast to play the wing with Mika/kreids from the start. Solidifies the other side of the rink and gives the duo a top notch competitor and 1-on-1 battle winner, smartest/instinctive guy on the team.

(Yes that’s Jesper Fast, the rangers best HOCKEY player and most reliable/effective player, if you really know what i means)

Hopefully it translates into Mika/kreids games going to the next level bc Fast will do all the little things to help them win those 1st line matchups and is a pretty skilled passer and scorer himself, underrated.

But it also slides everyone else in better slots and matchups and could play into everyone else having a better opportunity to develop. Better matchups, more competitive/closer games, not being in over their heads, etc

Maybe at home when you got last change, you run buch out there with them. You put your players in the best position for them and the team to succeed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad