OT: 2024 Washington Commanders off-season thread: change we can believe in!

Assuming Caleb Williams goes number 1, who is your QB pick at number 2?

• JJ McCarthy

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • Jaden Daniels

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Drake Maye

Votes: 12 38.7%

• Total voters

Ovechkins Wodka

Dec 1, 2007
DC

They listed all the mocks and the skins picks
There is a combo of about 6 players I would be happy with. The top ranked 2 CB,OL, and WR
Please dont pull a Ron and take some random dude that will be a bust before training camp

Pick 36: Dejean/Koolaide/Mitchell/McC we should be a lock for one of these 4
Pick 40: Any one from the above list left, then start thinking about a reach for OL or BPA

Last edited:

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Was impressed with JDs intro conference. I mean we’ve said that before about other guys but he seems authentic.

Keim suggesting it’s Rosengarten at 36. I like RR but not sure I’d take him at 36.

Reactions: ynotcaps

Roric

Aug 2, 2020
Was impressed with JDs intro conference. I mean we’ve said that before about other guys but he seems authentic.

Keim suggesting it’s Rosengarten at 36. I like RR but not sure I’d take him at 36.
If dejean or mcconkey are there at 36 and they pass on either, but especially dejean, i'll be pissed. He shouldn't have even fallen out of the first

Reactions: ynotcaps

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006

Yeah, I think he's pretty securely a RT -- which we need also -- but Suamataia may be a better LT play, though he'll need some seasoning.

Either way, any tackle we take is probably going to get scant gametime this year.

Good thing we didn't trade next year's first like SOME people were demanding. (OK, it's me, I'm all the some people.)

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
Yeah, I think he's pretty securely a RT -- which we need also -- but Suamataia may be a better LT play, though he'll need some seasoning.

Either way, any tackle we take is probably going to get scant gametime this year.

Good thing we didn't trade next year's first like SOME people were demanding. (OK, it's me, I'm all the some people.)
You’ve heard the speculation that he’s a LT that was playing RT bc Penix is left-handed?

He may be better long term value at RT. That’s why I’d rather not spend 36. Go BPA (hopefully McConkey) then get back to me at 40.

TRASHCAT

Sep 23, 2009
Boulder, CO
I should have been more clear….
Running qb not same as mobile qb.

Mahomes, Wilson … mobile.

Jackson, Watson, rgiii…..going back Vick Cunningham….running

One group wins, the other doesn’t/hasn't.

If JD is in fact a pocket qb with exceptional running skilz…so be it, and that’s great. It’s not necessarily what I’ve been hearing past few weeks. Time to let it all play out.
Worry about the qb not being a total bust before you worry if you can win a ring with him

ynotcaps

Aug 4, 2006
You’ve heard the speculation that he’s a LT that was playing RT bc Penix is left-handed?

He may be better long term value at RT. That’s why I’d rather not spend 36. Go BPA (hopefully McConkey) then get back to me at 40.
Yeah, but they also had Fautanu who went higher. I'm a little sensitive about us drafting guys who play one position with expectation they'll magically work wherever we put them. (Nope, not thinking about someone who didn't get their 5th year option picked up this week. Not at all.)

That said, whatever this FO thinks is right, I'm down with.

hotpaws

Nov 21, 2009
Let's just see how he does before immediately writing him off. These guys need the full support of the fanbase heading into the next level
I'm just a fan who's offering an opinion which doesn't mean shit and I'll be supporting him from up here in Toronto but that also won't mean shit , lol

also i don't mean to offend anyone , i just enjoy having somewhere to discuss the team , not many Washington fans here

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad