Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Philippe Myers, D to ELC (9/21/15)

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Seems like Fletcher's plan is to go even slower with the prospects than Hextall, which is quite incredible given how often we were told that Hextall was the most cowardly GM in the league when it came to promoting young guys.

Myers could be on the team right now and playing against Carolina tonight. So could NAK. They have both had great seasons, and been especially good for the past month. But instead it'll be MacDonald and Varone + Weise getting ~40 minutes of ice time.
Hextall was on the clock for 4+ years.

Fletch has been here just over a month.

But if Myers is in the AHL all season, he too will get all the backlash he deserves.

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Yeah, we can't expect Fletcher to undo every mistake Hextall made in one month.

He fired Hakstol, which Hextall most certainly wouldn't have done. This alone proves that he is the better GM for us now.

Reactions: BillDineen

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
Seems like Fletcher's plan is to go even slower with the prospects than Hextall, which is quite incredible given how often we were told that Hextall was the most cowardly GM in the league when it came to promoting young guys.

Myers could be on the team right now and playing against Carolina tonight. So could NAK. They have both had great seasons, and been especially good for the past month. But instead it'll be MacDonald and Varone + Weise getting ~40 minutes of ice time.
I wonder why Fletcher is “sitting on his hands” and “not even trying to fix the goaltending”? I mean, he hasn’t made a trade and obviously there’s all these prime options out there.

Also, Fletchers refusal to bring up the prospects is especially egregious considering he’s already proved he doesn’t care at all about readiness and he isn’t worried about calling them up too early (Hart). So he has no excuse for Myers not being up. If we’re throwing the patience approach out the window then commit and improve the roster immediately.

Reactions: Beef Invictus

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
HAVING TO DEAL WITH WATCHING FARMER GET RICH WHILE BEING THE WORST DEFENSEMAN IN THE HISTORY OF ORGANIZED SPORTS AND THE FLYERS NOT SHOOTING THAT USELESS POS INTO THE SUN AND NOT BRINGING UP MYERS RIGHT ****ING NOW IS CURRENTLY AT THE TOP OF MY "REASONS TO QUESTION /DESPISE FLYERS MANAGEMENT".

THANKS FOR LISTENING...

I like your energy. I resolve to be more like this.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Fletcher absolutely should have made more changes to the lineup by now.

I'm hoping that he is keeping Atrash in the lineup so he can move him for something, anything rather than throw him away. Personally, I would be more than fine with burying his catastrophic pratfalling starfishing ass in the ECHL or lower, but maybe Fletch is just trying to move him before calling up Myers. Sick of waiting for it, though.

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
We are going to get better, as they sell off guys and promote from within.

It's hard to tank that way.
This year. Just one tank. That's all I ask.
Like I said I doubt it happens but if im Fletch im selling everything unnecessary in preparation of collecting a top 5 pick and reassesing next year.

I'll also go on record saying the Trade Voracek contingent is foolish. He's a frustrating player but we could use about 2 more of him on this roster.

We need to acquire top line talent not trade it away.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Call him up already. Jesus.

Let the kid learn.
Let the kid make mistakes. Let the kid be taught.
Let the kid try again.
Let the kid have success.
Let the kid grow.

We aren't doing anything this year. To make the playoffs our record needs to be out of this world. We are currently buried.

You'd like to think that Rick Wilson - the alleged Defenseman Whisperer - would be the best guy to be around Myers to help him. There's no excuse to have him buried down there a minute longer. Just waive the ****ing 30 million dollar catastrophe or chuck him into the ECHL. It's long past time.

dingbathero

No Jam? How about PB
Jul 14, 2010
St. John's, NL
You'd like to think that Rick Wilson - the alleged Defenseman Whisperer - would be the best guy to be around Myers to help him. There's no excuse to have him buried down there a minute longer. Just waive the ****ing 30 million dollar catastrophe or chuck him into the ECHL. It's long past time.

I just posted in the Roster thread and Amac was on my mind.... trade him to the Canes we will take Darling. Shut I'd even throw in Simmonds and they can send us TvR too....

This season has already been too long.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I just posted in the Roster thread and Amac was on my mind.... trade him to the Canes we will take Darling. Shut I'd even throw in Simmonds and they can send us TvR too....

This season has already been too long.

If Fletch plays it right, we can get a very decent return for Simmer - these NHL GMs always have been and always will be desperate idiots. But I agree about Amac, just ****ing launch him out of here.

FlyersMania2

#FireHakstol
Jul 4, 2007
NJ
Fletcher's approval rating is at 70% for me.

We aren't even winning so what is the excuse to see MacDonald every night and NEVER Myers?!

Reactions: Rebels57

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
This year. Just one tank. That's all I ask.
Like I said I doubt it happens but if im Fletch im selling everything unnecessary in preparation of collecting a top 5 pick and reassesing next year.

I'll also go on record saying the Trade Voracek contingent is foolish. He's a frustrating player but we could use about 2 more of him on this roster.

We need to acquire top line talent not trade it away.

We need 2 more defensively weak forwards that cant shoot? Im fine with 1 but the defensive play of our wingers is a problem right now. We need Mark Stone not another Jake.

Reactions: gertbfrobe16

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
We are going to get better, as they sell off guys and promote from within.

It's hard to tank that way.

This is what I'm thinking too (when not raging). Fletch can't come out and comfort fans by confirming it, for obvious reasons.

Next year, imagine adding any number of:

Frost/Voro/NAK/Allison/Myers/Friedman from call ups
Panarin/EK/Varley or another FA
Hughes or Kakko
Q

While also dumping Simmer and AMac.

That keeps us off the cliff.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland
I'm hoping that he is keeping Atrash in the lineup so he can move him for something, anything rather than throw him away. Personally, I would be more than fine with burying his catastrophic pratfalling starfishing ass in the ECHL or lower, but maybe Fletch is just trying to move him before calling up Myers. Sick of waiting for it, though.

I asked that question a few years ago right here on HFB, if an NHL can be sent to the ECHL and the answer was no. Only place is AHL. The AHL coach does not have to play him though.

If MacDonald was the only problem we should be better but we are not.

I am in favor of sending the whole team to Seattle and let Philadelphia become the expansion team......
only half kidding.......I think.........

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Lotusflower

Tha Snake, Tha Rat, Tha Cat, Tha Dog
Dec 23, 2013
We need 2 more defensively weak forwards that cant shoot? Im fine with 1 but the defensive play of our wingers is a problem right now. We need Mark Stone not another Jake.
We need elite top end producers is what im saying. We need more Jake types that put up big points.

In prior years we had the top end talent to keep us respectable. Now that top talent has taken a step back and the spoils of Hexy's retool have yet to mature to take their place.

The timelines are ******* is what Im saying. We need more top end talent to stabilize the depth that is incoming.

Reactions: Curufinwe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad