Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Philippe Myers, D to ELC (9/21/15)

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Myers played his 101st AHL game yesterday. He has 52 points in those games. He turns 22 in eleven days.

Philippe Myers at eliteprospects.com

But he's still not good enough to play for the NHL's worst team ahead of Christian Folin or Andrew MacDonald according to Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher. Not even good enough to be added to the roster when MacDonald was put on IR.

Reactions: wufuhimself

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Myers played his 101st AHL game yesterday. He has 52 points in those games. He turns 22 in eleven days.

Philippe Myers at eliteprospects.com

But he's still not good enough to play for the NHL's worst team ahead of Christian Folin or Andrew MacDonald according to Flyers GM Chuck Fletcher. Not even good enough to be added to the roster when MacDonald was put on IR.

Watch Folin and AMac get hurt and so they bring up Willcox and then immediately put him on the PK. Or they'll bring up Brennan and put him on the 2nd PP over Provy and Sanheim.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Why not? By that point I expect at least one defenseman to have been traded.

SolidSnakeUS

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2009
Baldwinsville, NY
Morin should be ready at the start of March. Is Fletcher going to put both of them in the top 6?

Folin is more important, I'm sure. I'm legit waiting for Morin to not play at all this year, mainly because since his ELC is dead, they'll just have him in the press box for the rest of the year so they can give 15 to 20 minutes a night to AMac and Folin.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
I'm happy Fletcher is taking his time, it would be far worse if he just showed up, without watching the players and prospects, and started making changes willy nilly. There's going to be plenty of time after the allstar break to make trades, promote prospects, and get to see some junior/college players in Philly or hopefully the Calder Cup playoffs.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
lets talk phil myers

If Myers plays his first NHL game on Saturday, I think he should immediately replace Sanheim on the top pairing. His very significant advantages in height, weight and Junior hockey plus/minus, will allow him to play a two-way game that the skinny & soft Sanheim struggles with.

Striiker

Earthquake Survivor
Jun 2, 2013
Pennsylvania
lets talk phil myers

If Myers plays his first NHL game on Saturday, I think he should immediately replace Sanheim on the top pairing. His very significant advantages in height, weight and Junior hockey plus/minus, will allow him to play a two-way game that the skinny & soft Sanheim struggles with.
Luckily Myers isn't a little p****-ass nerd.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
lets talk phil myers

Well, being a RHD and the one player who might match Provorov in the stamina department (playing 60 minutes in a game is downright crazy), he's a perfect fit in the long run. That allows you to have Sanheim - RHD and Ghost - Gudas as your other two pairs.

But it's probably a little early in his career to ask him to play 20+ minutes against top competition. :sarcasm:

Branko

Jul 5, 2011
lets talk phil myers

How heavy is he?

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Probably 6'5 220 or so, I think Morin is 6'7 230. Put those two together and they can cover the space between the faceoff circles and force everything outside. And breathe on people and move them out of the crease.

Sanheim is 6'4 205 or so and it shows, he's playing more physical this year, but still gets pushed around along the boards and in front of the net, when you're that tall, you need mass because most players have leverage on you. That's going to be an issue for Zamula.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad