Confirmed with Link: Flyers Sign Philippe Myers, D to ELC (9/21/15)

onlylordsvsmorebp

HEAVYHOCKEY ENTHUSIAST
Dec 27, 2011
VAN ISLE CANADA
HAVING TO DEAL WITH WATCHING FARMER GET RICH WHILE BEING THE WORST DEFENSEMAN IN THE HISTORY OF ORGANIZED SPORTS AND THE FLYERS NOT SHOOTING THAT USELESS POS INTO THE SUN AND NOT BRINGING UP MYERS RIGHT ****ING NOW IS CURRENTLY AT THE TOP OF MY "REASONS TO QUESTION /DESPISE FLYERS MANAGEMENT".

THANKS FOR LISTENING...

Last edited:

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
This is not a bad way of looking at it, but Dallas wouldn't do a Seguin for Ghost deal.
Yeah we'd definitely have to add (and I wouldn't be opposed to that). The question is just what we would have to add to convince the Stars...probably more than what anyone here would be willing to do.

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas
HAVING TO DEAL WITH WATCHING FARMER GET RICH WHILE BEING THE WORST DEFENSEMAN IN THE HISTORY OF ORGANIZED SPORTS AND THE FLYERS NOT SHOOTING THAT USELESS POS INTO THE SUN AND NOT BRINGING UP MYERS RIGHT ****ING NOW IS CURRENTLY AT THE TOP OF MY "REASONS TO QUESTION /DESPISE FLYERS MANAGEMENT".

THANKS FOR LISTENING...

#FireFletcher

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
Well consider yourself EXTREMELY lucky. :laugh:

They’re absolutely horrible. The Hagg stuff is irksome because they seriously won’t shut up about him and refuse to criticize him, but they’re consistently unbearable about every topic. At this point, I literally watch games nearly muted because even hearing their voices is annoying.

Well they need to fire those guys then!!! Well, JJ anyway. I like Jonesy!!!

BillDineen

Former Flyer / Extinct Dinosaur Advisor
Aug 9, 2009
Not only is it obvious Myers should be up now, delaying when Morin needs a shot and Friedman probably has earned one as well is utter stupidity. See how Myers fits now AND see how Morin does. If these morons are being Hexy scared and just not calling Myers up because another "young d" is coming in Morin, we are doomed as fans. When will the Flyers ever be first trying something innovative? Fkn never.

Bruckuss

FML & FCF
Apr 1, 2012
Not Toronto
If they come up and play well, we win (well maybe our draft position suffers).

If they come up and they aren't ready, we still win lol. Nothing lost (playoffs not happening), we get to see what we have, keep a decent pick position and keep the authentic fan entertained!

Here's an idea, Farmer goes for conditioning, get these young guys up one at a time on 9 game tryout rotations. I dunno, something needs to be done anyways to keep the team energized.

Reactions: onlylordsvsmorebp

catbellysqueezer

Dec 26, 2015

THANKS FOR LISTENING...

You know someone is terrible if they are so bad that there isn't even an hfboards member dedicated to blindly defending their every move in every thread.

Ghosts Beer

I saw Goody Fletcher with the Devil!
Feb 10, 2014
The ironic thing is the dinosaurs of this franchise would have happily had Myers up here weeks ago.

Clarke and Holmgren were always quick to give a kid a chance if he was better than the guy in front of him. We've become an organization of cowards.
I don’t often agree with you, but I do here. Clarke & Holmgren were always willing to give talented kids a shot. Hextall was ultra-cautious. And he wanted a locker room of drone-like “professionals” to “teach” the kids to be boring.

Reactions: magnumpi

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
If they come up and play well, we win (well maybe our draft position suffers).

If they come up and they aren't ready, we still win lol. Nothing lost (playoffs not happening), we get to see what we have, keep a decent pick position and keep the authentic fan entertained!

Here's an idea, Farmer goes for conditioning, get these young guys up one at a time on 9 game tryout rotations. I dunno, something needs to be done anyways to keep the team energized.

Is that a nice way of saying euthanized? :sarcasm:

Reactions: Bruckuss

magnumpi

Roger got goofy with Cancer
Apr 22, 2018
The ironic thing is the dinosaurs of this franchise would have happily had Myers up here weeks ago.

Clarke and Holmgren were always quick to give a kid a chance if he was better than the guy in front of him. We've become an organization of cowards.

i hate clarke and holmgren more than anyone but I understand this is a true statement.

Myers would have been on the team last season, if not earlier.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I still think there is a good window... annoying though that this year should probably have been the real start of it. They are finally a good 5v5 team objectively yet the net-minding and special teams has killed them, they should be a play-off team this year, they are better than last year, but:

Zero excuses why Lappy has not been gone for two years now...
And they re-signed Neuvirth (who since the start of 2016-17 has the worst sv% of any NHL goalie with 50+ games... .897 sv%... and is maybe the most injury prone guy in NHL)

Giroux should be a 1st line guy until age ~34... 2022-23... Jake and JvR *should* still be ~50 point guys capable of being on a 2nd line.

To start 2022-23 season:

Giroux (34) - Couturier (29) - Konecny (25)
van Riemsdyk (33) - Patrick (24) - Voracek (33)
Farabee (22) - Frost (23) - Ratcliffe (23)
Lindblom (26) - Vorobyev (25) - Allison (25)
Rubtsov (24) - Laughton (28) - Laczynski (25)
Aube-Kubel (26) - O'Brien (22) - Kase (25)
Lycksell (23) - Westfalt (22) - Cates (23)
Strome (23) - Bunnaman (24) - Sushko (23)

Provorov (25) - Gostisbehere (29)
Sanheim (26) - Myers (25)
Hagg (27) - Friedman (26)
Morin (27) - Hogberg (24)
Zamula (22) - Kalynuk (25)
Ginning (22) - St. Ivany (23)
Wylie (22) - Bernhardt (24)

Hart (24)
Sandstrom (25)
Ersson (22)
Ustimenko (23)

Ofc some guys will be gone, some not pan out etc... but it will not be some ancient team.

I think Patrick, Frost, Farabee and Konecny from within the organisation have legit ~70 point potential, not all will get there, but some should. And then the D group should be great.

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)

Hart (24)
Sandstrom (25)
Ersson (22)
Ustimenko (23)

Looking at these 7 pairings and 4 goalies, I genuinely wonder who will/will not pan out as you said - cant wait for 2021 or 2022 to see that. Looking at it today, thats one nice pipeline

Outlaw Samurai

FROST WARNING in effect
Jun 24, 2018
Ottawa
I still think there is a good window... annoying though that this year should probably have been the real start of it. They are finally a good 5v5 team objectively yet the net-minding and special teams has killed them, they should be a play-off team this year, they are better than last year, but:

And they re-signed Neuvirth (who since the start of 2016-17 has the worst sv% of any NHL goalie with 50+ games... .897 sv%... and is maybe the most injury prone guy in NHL)

Giroux should be a 1st line guy until age ~34... 2022-23... Jake and JvR *should* still be ~50 point guys capable of being on a 2nd line.

To start 2022-23 season:

Hart (24)
Sandstrom (25)
Ersson (22)
Ustimenko (23)

Ofc some guys will be gone, some not pan out etc... but it will not be some ancient team.

I think Patrick, Frost, Farabee and Konecny from within the organisation have legit ~70 point potential, not all will get there, but some should. And then the D group should be great.

That is such an impressive roster. Hexy did such a good job accumulating picks and prospects. Even though there is no Matthews/McDavid's, like you said, some of them can flirt with PPG during their careers.

That goalie list! :yo:

baudib1

Apr 12, 2016
Las Vegas

To start 2022-23 season:

Hart (24)
Sandstrom (25)
Ersson (22)
Ustimenko (23)

I agree with you but tossing this year out the window feels really egregious. It's been 44 years, I want every 3%-5% lottery ticket to the Stanley Cup as we can accumulate.

Pissing away the best years of your franchise player's career is really painful. It's starting to feel like 1998 with Lindros.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Exactly. This was always the problem with Hextalls plan.

Seems like Fletcher's plan is to go even slower with the prospects than Hextall, which is quite incredible given how often we were told that Hextall was the most cowardly GM in the league when it came to promoting young guys.

Myers could be on the team right now and playing against Carolina tonight. So could NAK. They have both had great seasons, and been especially good for the past month. But instead it'll be MacDonald and Varone + Weise getting ~40 minutes of ice time.

Reactions: Rebels57

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->